IU and Lee Joon Gi’s classic romantic show, Scarlet Heart Ryeo, to have a season 2?

Updated on Apr 18, 2021 09:00 PM IST  |  990.7K

IU and Lee Joon Gi at a promotional event for Scarlet Heart Ryeo in 2016

Looks like fans around the world are going to sleep a bit more happily for a while to come! On April 17, Lee Joon Gi made an appearance as the host of a special Naver NOW telecast named ‘DREAM’. This was aired as a celebration of his 39th birthday, and surely sent the fans into a tizzy. As a surprise, the famous actor and singer IU called him up to share birthday wishes!

The conversation soon turned nostalgic and they spoke about the possibility of a sequel to their blockbuster drama ‘Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo’. The question has been launched by every fan for years, and looks like the lead actors agree. Joon Gi commented on the fact that it was actually difficult for the show to make a second season, but regardless, he asked IU if she would be a part of it, if it were to be produced.

IU, even though not outrightly, did reply that everyone had a great time filming it and that all the actors feel the same. She even expressed her surprise when she said how amazing it is that people are still loving the show! The massive amount of love they received was beyond expectations and if just her opinion mattered, then the sequel had a definite green light!

Joon Gi was quick to praise IU, and told the fans about a scene which was supposed to be in the finale, but got cut due to plot differences. Apparently, IU was amazing in that scene, and had Joon Gi wondering how she could cry so masterfully on camera. IU in turn spoke of a particular scene where their characters met for the first time. According to IU, Wang So (Joon Gi) looked quite dapper in the modern day scene. He wore a suit and had short hair. The visuals in the scene where he handed her (Hae Soo) a handkerchief was so beautiful, that fans might just have gone crazy.

Looks like if things go well, we could have Joon Gi and IU teaming up together again!

Also Read: Kim Jung Hyun vs Seo Yea Ji: IMPORTANT lessons in Mental Health we need to take from this viral controversy

Do you think there might be a Scarlet Heart: Moon Lovers Season 2? Let us know in the comments below!

Where To Watch

Where is Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo available?
It's available both on Viki and Viu!

Comments
Anonymous : If not happen why not to have a new drama series for the two and it would be great too...
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : Love that
REPLY 0 4 months ago
Anonymous : Love that
REPLY 0 4 months ago
Anonymous : I have been waiting since 5 years for the second season ❤ It would be amazing if that actually happens
REPLY 2 5 months ago
Anonymous : I am waiting for the second season to happen so desperately. Pls make it happen
REPLY 1 5 months ago
Anonymous : I’m one of those fans who are waiting for the sequel
REPLY 1 6 months ago
Anonymous : This is such great news. I hope itS true. Desperately need season 2
REPLY 0 6 months ago
Anonymous : Hoping for this season 2 .
REPLY 2 6 months ago
Anonymous : We are waiting for the season 2 as well. From Sri Lanka
REPLY 1 6 months ago
Anonymous : Too much excited to see season 2
REPLY 3 6 months ago
Anonymous : I'm soo much excited to see this musterous show..
REPLY 4 6 months ago
Anonymous : Waiting for season 2
REPLY 5 6 months ago
Anonymous : It was great to know and I want o gave a second seaon of thay, i love waychinh it and it mskes me cty when I U wad deaf in the scene. I love watvhing it!
REPLY 4 6 months ago
Anonymous : So happy to see them again.hope it works We need a happy ending ❤️❤️❤️
REPLY 4 6 months ago
Anonymous : Yes im so excited to see the session 2
REPLY 0 6 months ago
Anonymous : Yes im so excited to see the session 2
REPLY 0 6 months ago
Anonymous : I just can't wait I really hope it works
REPLY 6 6 months ago
Anonymous : i do hope for this!!
REPLY 4 6 months ago
Anonymous : yes I've been waiting for ages chaebal?!
REPLY 2 6 months ago
Anonymous : I will be so happy to see them again
REPLY 4 6 months ago
Anonymous : I need to see them again
REPLY 2 6 months ago
Anonymous : This time I need a happy ending (T_T :)
REPLY 1 6 months ago
Anonymous : This would be wonderful news for a second season.
REPLY 5 6 months ago