IU, Lee Sun Gyun's My Mister receives praises from Paulo Coelho; The Alchemist author showers BTS with love

Updated on Nov 09, 2020 11:26 PM IST  |  6.2M

Internationally acclaimed author Paulo Coelho is no stranger to the world of Korean entertainment. In the past, we've seen him gush over K-pop sensation BTS and their achievements. Now, the novelist's attention was drawn to a Korean drama called My Mister. The K-drama stars Hotel Del Luna alum IU and Parasite star Lee Sun Gyun. Last month, Coelho took to Twitter to praise the series. "WAW! I thought I would not survive to 16 episodes, but it is a flawless description of the human condition Congrats to the super screenplay , the fantastic director and the best possible cast," he said.

Weeks since his praise, he interacted with South Korean publication Yeonhap and said deemed it as a masterpiece. "It was a masterpiece. It’s one of the best works I’ve seen recently. It shows the intricacy of human psychology and has a rich story. It also touches on North and South Korean relations, which foreigners like me, are very interested in," he said. The writer added that he found himself drawn to the Korean wave in 2016 after he watched Old Boy.

In the interview, he also gushed about BTS. Fans would remember that Coelho sent an autographed copy of his book The Alchemist to Suga recently. In the interview, he said he always admires and emphasizes with the members. "BTS is a group that I really admire and I always emphasize that we should always pay attention to them whenever I have the chance," he said.

Stay tuned to Pinkvilla for more updates.

ALSO READ: Paulo Coelho makes Suga's fanboy dream come true as he signs Korean version of The Alchemist's copies for BTS

Comments
Anonymous : Yes such a beautiful sound track and the movie was such a fantastic and down to earth of life that some times we dont realise exist and the luv them both in this drama often go back to various series just a magical drama
REPLY 0 10 months ago
Anonymous : Not just anyone can get the taste of this drama. It definitely deserves its due recognition from personalities like Paulo Coelho as it takes a genius to appreciate this drama.
REPLY 1 10 months ago
Anonymous : I loved My Mister. Great acting, soundtrack, and storyline. Watched it twice.
REPLY 3 10 months ago
Anonymous : Agree, seen the drama already and about to repeat. Sun kyun and IU are superb. IU's transformation is amazing.
REPLY 1 10 months ago
Anonymous : My mister is really one of the best kdrama I’ve watched so far!!!
REPLY 1 10 months ago
Anonymous : I loved My Mister! The music was great too. I especially liked that the main character lived by a moral code and did not waiver even when faced with temptation. What was even better was that IU could hear everything and learn what a great man he was. Only God had a window into his world like IU.
REPLY 0 10 months ago
Anonymous : I love all the members of BTS they are all humble..I watch them always
REPLY 0 10 months ago
Anonymous : Tes I agree it is amazing drama I really love it...
REPLY 0 10 months ago
Anonymous : Yes Truly amazing work I had a hangover that I had to repeat watching ep 15 and 16 Kudos to the cast and director
REPLY 0 10 months ago
Anonymous : We have the same wavelength of level in kdrama.until now even its old drama.when someone ask me what is the best kdrama un watched.i always promote My Mister.Not over acting not same ideas as other drama.Thnx sir Paolo Coehlo for loving the drama i watched more than 3x like another Oh hae young
REPLY 0 10 months ago
Anonymous : I agree with Paulo's assessment of My Mister. Loved the story, acting, and especially the soundtrack. I have recommended this movie to all of my friends. Fan from Chicago. Rev. JanetP Moore.
REPLY 0 10 months ago
Anonymous : Am surprised that it’s a good plot of drama. I thought it’s just a K Drama usual loveydovey kind of thing..
REPLY 0 10 months ago