Kubbra Sait on filming sex scene with Nawazuddin Siddiqui in Sacred Games: I was genuinely broke at that point

Updated on Oct 25, 2021 04:52 PM IST  |  298.8K

Kubbra Sait played the character of Kukoo, a trans woman on mighty popular web series Sacred Games starring Saif Ali Khan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the leading parts. In a chat with Mashable, Kubbra spoke about filming a sex scene with Nawazuddin in the series. She mentioned that she filmed the scene 7 times because director Anurag Kashyap wanted to cover the scene from seven different angles. She said that he ‘pulled out all the stops’ to ensure that everything was in place for the shoot to go smoothly.

Speaking about the complexity of the scene, Kubbra said, “The first take I did, he came back and said, ‘We’ll go quickly for the next one.’ The second one, he said, ‘We’ll go quickly for the next one.’ The third time I did it, he shifted the camera to Nawaz. Then we did something else. And the seventh time, when I did it… I was broke. I was genuinely broke at that point. I was highly emotional also. And he walked up to me and he said, ‘Thank you. I’ll see you outside?’ That’s when it hit me that the scene was over.”

Further, in the conversation, Kubbra mentioned that she broke down after the scene was filmed. Kubbra said, “I stayed on the floor, weeping. I was just crying and crying and crying. Nawaz said, ‘I think aapko bahar jaana chahiye kyunki mera scene abhi bacha hai (you should go outside because my scene is still left),’” she said. “Unka entry baaki tha (His entry scene was still left to be shot).”

Also Read| Reema Kagti calls NCB's allegation on Aryan Khan a 'ridiculous lie'; Kubbra Sait says sad to see circus unfold

Comments
User Avatar
User Avatar
Anonymous : Sacred games is product of mindset of viewers. Unfortunately it had impacted bullywood a lot
REPLY 0 1 month ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : These people blaming anurag and nawaz are idiots. She is talking abt her guilt and not blaming somone. It was her choice so she filmed the scene. Once the scene is taken by an actor then it is performed taking numerous shots. So she shouldn't have accepted in the first place if it was so disgusting.
REPLY 0 1 month ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Why are people venting their anger on Anurag Kashyap? She is not crying because Anurag exploited her or something like that, it's because the scene was too much for her. Sometimes even for seasoned actors certain scenes can take its toll. This because an example of a different kind of sex scene must have been challenging for her.
REPLY 1 1 month ago
REPLY 1 1 month ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Yes now she wants to gain sympathy but why at first place you chose to do this shot you gained fame money and after it you are saying this now such a pathetic words from you
REPLY 0 1 month ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I respect your feeling and not agreeing to the people commented why you agreed for that scene... Guys you never know there may be reasons and I don't think she should explain why she agreed.
REPLY 0 1 month ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Doesn't mean she goes off on them now after all this time. She had the option to refuse it right at that moment and no filmmaker has the right to force if she had said a simple NO!
REPLY 0 1 month ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Don't be a Crybaby now...You know what you are shooting for...You would have read the script... Don't defame the director and co actors for script you agreed for... Cheap publicity stunt
REPLY 2 1 month ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : don't speak much all know how good you are expert in melodramasthis mother daughter duo are evil and infamous
REPLY 0 1 month ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : he's digusting- would not be surprised if he's another Harvey Weinstein
REPLY 2 1 month ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I wish Anurag Kashyap rots in hell. He forgot he has a daughter too. He is a sick human to exploit women in the name of art.
REPLY 3 1 month ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : He dint force her to do it .. she did it on her own wish. For her own fame, success and money... So let's not degrade anyone here. . it's nobody's fault..
REPLY 1 1 month ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Disgusting piece of shit these men Anurag Kshyap and Nawaz whatever is
REPLY 2 1 month ago
Anonymous : Pathetic
REPLY 2 1 month ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : But, it was YOUR choice to do them so why complain now?
REPLY 4 1 month ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I agree with you.
REPLY 2 1 month ago