As Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Bajirao Mastani clocks five years, we take a look at Deepika, Ranveer and Priyanka's unseen moments. Check it out below.
5 Years of Bajirao Mastani. 5 Years of Bajirao Mastani: From 12 yrs in making to BTS of Deepika, Ranveer, Priyanka, here's how it unfolded.

Sanjay Leela Bhansali's style of filmmaking is often associated with words like grandiose, big budget and classic. The filmmaker who loves bringing a slice of history alive on the big screen did it exceptionally well with his 2015 film Bajirao Mastani. Today, the epic romance starring Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra and Ranveer Singh clocks five years.

Ranveer Singh as Bajirao I, Peshwa of the Maratha Empire, Deepika Padukone as Mastani and Priyanka Chopra as Kashibai were a delight to watch as they essayed the characters with conviction and honesty. The actor not only did an outstanding job, but also brought to the fore unparalleled emotions and screen presence. And the genius behind it all was none other than Sanjay Leela Bhansali.

12 Years In The Making

The filmmaker is known to never rush his films and his process of making a film is unlike any other in the industry. Did you know that SLB took 12 years to make Bajirao Mastani?

Yes, you heard that right. In an interview to DNA once, SLB had revealed the time frame he has taken to meticulously develop his characters and the world they are set it in. He had said, "I took 12 years to make Bajirao Mastani. I waited nine years to make Ram Leela and I had to wait eight years from the time I did Padmavati, the opera on stage, in Paris to get to the film. I’ve enjoyed making these movies so much. They were very challenging. How to put things into a big frame and how to spend money are things that I’m obsessing about all the time."

Priyanka Chopra as Kashibai

While SLB has worked with Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh in films like Ram Leela and Padmaavat, he worked with Priyanka Chopra for the first time in Bajirao Mastani. Turning celebrities into director's actors, Priyanka as Kashibai devoted herself wholly and the result was evident on celluloid. From her chemistry with Ranveer and Deepika to her personal battles, Kashibai lived a life full of dignity and grace and SLB captured the same beautifully.

Ranveer Singh as Bajirao

When it comes to Ranveer, SLB believes that he understands the actor like no other filmmaker in the industry. He had revealed in the DNA interview, "Ranveer and I have a great chemistry and understanding. I know how to direct him and I’m aware about his limitations and strengths," SLB said adding that he does feel that he sometimes put in too much efforts. Ranveer went all out for Bajirao as much as he did for Ram-Leela and Padmaavat and was truly a delight to watch as the Peshwa warrior.

Deepika Padukone as Mastani

SLB weaved the story of Mastani played by Deepika Padukone and Bajirao played by Ranveer in great detail and nuances. The heartbreaking result of their love story teared up many and the actors took their characters a notch higher by digging deep down to get the emotions right. As for Deepika effortlessly playing Mastani, SLB had shared, "All her hard work and brilliance that she brings to the set is effortless. She does her preparation but there is none of the—I AM PREPARED FOR A ROLE—heaviness around her. It is done with so much silence. It’s such a pleasure to work with someone who does what she is doing at that moment with absolute honesty."

Who is your absolute favourite in Bajirao Mastani? Let us know in the comments below.

ALSO READ: Baji Rao I Birth Anniversary: Did you know Ranveer Singh wasn’t first choice for lead role in Bajirao Mastani?

Have a COVID related Experience or Advice? Discuss & Share on PINKVILLA Rooms.

Anonymous 5 months ago

best performance,deepika & ranveer.

Anonymous 5 months ago

The best role played by queens in the history of India was played by: Aishwarya and Deepika! The best kings Hrithik and Ranveer!

Anonymous 5 months ago

Deepika & Ranveer, played these roles under SLB's baton in all 3 movies with all your love and talent! An absolute delight this combination!

Anonymous 5 months ago

Who said dp was expression less didn't u watch deewani mastani track and yes pc was also good and rs was so awesome all had done good job pv pls post

Anonymous 5 months ago

I am not any ones fan.but Deepika's performance was great in the movie.her eyes are so expressive.her dailogue delivery was amazing.her fighting seems are too good.i have watch this film many time coz of fighting seens.i have read that she has learned horse riding and talvaarbazi for the movie.i am not telling the other 2 actors are not good they also perfome very well but I think Deepika was done better.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Fans of an actor (who was left behind the cart .....) cry on the internet day and night. swear, they have migraines on their heads when they see this Deepika couple with Ranveer, happy! Those fans also want to read something beautiful about their actors, and they manage to read about happiness on the pages with thousands and millions of views about the blessed couple, Ranveer & Deepika! This is life, it depends on who you choose happiness with!

Anonymous 5 months ago

I just love this film and I just love Mastani who was reluctant to gave up her love for the sake of society. She was like, let the world call me a home wrecker but I am deeply in love with Bajirao and I can't let him go. I loved this quality of Mastani who didn't gave a Damn to society norms.

Anonymous 5 months ago

A wonderful couple, Deepika and Ranveer both in movies and in real life! When news, videos about them appear on social media, the internet catches fire, as does the chemistry between them, hot, natural, pleasant (by most) and ENVYABLE (by some). They have some absolutely remarkable works under the direction of SLB. It is useless to remind them because all 3 movies are unforgettable, one more beautiful than the other. A real delight this balanced and dream couple!

Anonymous 5 months ago

Not a PC fan, but she was the stand out character in this movie. DP was very expressionless as usual and didn’t suit the role. RS was ok. I agree with someone here who said PC’s last good role.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Three of them are amazing.but Ranveer's performance was great,thats why he won all awards.No 1 can beat his acting skills.After watching BM I have changed my mind.He become my fevourite.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Priyanka and deepika’s chemistry and Indian fans who want to look and act tacky like ranveer Singh went to watch the film but it is true that best performance in the movie was definitely by priyanka Chopra her dialogue delivery and expressions was amazing. She looked so natural and flawless in the film that it makes me want to think what bajirao saw in mastani in the movie the most good thing about a man should be loyalty and maturness which ranveer doesn’t have and he makes his character seem like that

Anonymous 5 months ago

I like mastani's role. but, I actually agreed with you.

Anonymous 5 months ago

I like mastani's role. but, I actually agreed with you.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Deepika and Ranveer s acting was amazing.the chemistry was great.they both done hardworking for their roles.they learn horse riding talwarbazi,.no one can do that roles.i can't think any other actor in that roles #5YearsOfBajirooMastani,.

PC's last good movie...(

Anonymous 5 months ago

She has not even one good movie. Thats why she tries it in the US now. And to stay in the news she fools the world with a fake marriage. Desperate jobless woman.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Priyanka was really the Main reason for Bajirao mastaani succees. Dont even know why bhansali only praises deepika and ranveer. You feeled every Single pain of kashibai

Anonymous 5 months ago

even in her fictional roles she is sidelined poor kamwali bai

Yup

Anonymous 5 months ago

priyanka was the main reason that this film was a hit, Ranveer and deepika couldn't even act

I agree with u

Anonymous 5 months ago

You can say Priyanka was the heart of the film but saying Deepika and Ranveer can’t act now you are just being pathetic.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Shut up Choppes.Your self praising is embarrassing! You are a no one.