Irrfan Khan, an actor par excellence, passes away at 53 in Mumbai hospital; Read Official Statement

Irrfan Khan Death News: Irrfan was admitted to Mumbai’s Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital where was under observation for colon infection. He breathed his last at the age of 53.
Actor Irrfan Khan passes away at 53 in Mumbai hospital; Read Official StatementActor Irrfan Khan passes away at 53 in Mumbai hospital; Read Official Statement

Actor Irrfan breathed his last on Wednesday at the age of 53. The Angrezi Medium star was admitted to Mumbai’s Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, where was under observation for colon infection. Just last week, Irrfan Khan's mother Saeeda Begum died at the age of 95 on Saturday morning in Jaipur.

Official statement on Irrfan Khan’s demise:

“i trust, i have surrendered”; These were the some of the many words that Irrfan expressed in a heart felt note he wrote in 2018 opening up about his fight with cancer. And a man of few words and an actor of silent expressions with his deep eyes and  his memorable actions on screen. It’s saddening that this day, we have to bring forward the news of him passing away. Irrfan was a strong soul, someone who fought till the very end and always inspired everyone who came close to him. After having been struck by lightning in 2018 with the news of a rare cancer, he took life soon after as it came and he fought the many battles that came with it. Surrounded by his love, his family for whom he most cared about, he left for heaven abode, leaving behind truly a legacy of his own. We all pray and hope that he is at peace. And to resonate and part with his words he had said, “As if I was tasting life for the first time, the magical side of it.”

The news of his death was first shared on Twitter by Irrfan's Piku director Shoojit Sircar. “My dear friend Irfaan. You fought and fought and fought. I will always be proud of you.. we shall meet again.. condolences to Sutapa and Babil.. you too fought, Sutapa you gave everything possible in this fight. Peace and Om shanti. Irfaan Khan salute,” he wrote.

Check out Shoojit Sircar's tweet below:

ALSO READ | Irrfan Khan: Taapsee Pannu, Shoojit Sircar, Ali Fazal & more are heartbroken over the actor's demise

An actor par excellence, Irrfan will always be remembered for his impeccable onscreen persona and challenging characters he played on the celluloid. His love for the craft was above and beyond the commercial business of cinema. The actor's last film, Angrezi Medium, was his come back to the silver screen after battling neuroendocrine tumour. Ahead of Angrezi Medium's release, Irrfan had reached out to his fans via an audio message. In the heartfelt audio, Irrfan that he was looking forward to the promotion of the film but unfortunately his health did not permit him. He had stated that there was no choice but to remain positive. “One doesn’t have any other choice but to remain positive. Whether you are able to make lemonade in such situations is entirely up to you. We’ve made this film with the same sort of positivity. I hope this film is able to make you laugh and cry in equal measure."

ALSO READ | Irrfan Khan passes away: 5 interesting facts about the versatile actor that you must know

Not just in Hindi cinema, but Irrfan's work in Hollywood films like Slumdog Millionaire, Jurassic World, The Amazing Spider-Man and Life of Pi is remarkable to say the least. His other notable films include the Academy Award nominated Salaam Bombay!, Maqbool (2004), Paan Singh Tomar (2011), The Lunchbox (2013), Piku (2015) and Hindi Medium (2017) among many others.

RIP Irrfan Khan.

Download the Pinkvilla App for latest Bollywood & Entertainment news, hot celebrity photos, lifestyle articles, fashion & beauty news,Hollywood, K-Drama etc . Click here
Anonymous 7 months ago

What the actual F. 2020 is legit the worst year ever. RIP.

Anonymous 7 months ago

What this family must be going through! He just lost his mother days ago. God bless them and give them strength and comfort.

Rest In Peace Sir!

Anonymous 7 months ago

RIP Mr Khan .We will miss you in all those movies .

Anonymous 7 months ago

STUNNED! Such a huge fan! He was so well known all over the world for his charm and superior acting. There will never be another like Irrfan Khan. God bless his soul and God bless his family and his millions of brokenearted fans around the globe. RIP

Anonymous 7 months ago

Very sad...may he RIP and my prayers to his family...absolutely one of my favorite actors what a loss to cinema...but more important a loss to his family and loved ones...

Anonymous 7 months ago

Just in complete shock! I LOVED Irrfan Khan! He will be sorely missed :( Praying for peace and comfort for his family and so, so many fans. Much love from the US.

Anonymous 7 months ago

no no no no.... you can't leave us so soon Irfan Sir. I hate hate hate this news. loved you, love you, and will love you always. RIP sir. you are irreplaceable Sir. I still can't belive it.

Anonymous 7 months ago

I hate everything. How could you go sir.

Anonymous 7 months ago

Who are the jealous jacka** losers who are disliking these comments? Your karma is going to be a big bi**h.

Anonymous 7 months ago

I remember when I saw it in the news two years ago that Irfaan ji had colon cancer, it was just the few weeks we where still grappling with the sudden demise of Sridevi ji, I had this sudden tight knot in the pit of my stomach, immediately I knew it wasn't a question of if but when, my spirit became unsettled. Every now and then I will see it on the news he was undergoing treatment in London. I will sigh deeply and say a prayer but deep down I feared for his life, again I will see another news that he is back acting in a movie but I couldn't shake of that dread. Yesterday, in the news again, he is in the hospital, I went to bed with that tight knot in my stomach, I wake up this morning and this, he has gone. Today yes I can't help it, I am mad at God, angry why the most talented actor of them all. I didn't know this man personally but I have followed his career for years, gifted,an effortless actor. I have read his interviews, one that still makes me smile is where he said that once he starts making money that he was going to give his mother a suitcase full of cash. 53 years old is too young to die, he still had so much to give us, Irfaan ji may your soul rest in perfect peace. This is indeed a sad day.

Anonymous 7 months ago

This year has brought nothing but sad news! So deeply saddened by this tragic news...may his soul RIP!

Anonymous 7 months ago

Still in disbelief over this heartbreaking news. He is a huge and irreplaceable loss and this couldn't have happened at a worse possible time. Moreover, I would like to add that I hope after this pandemic is over the audience is less tolerant of mediocrity and less partial towards sub par nepotistic products so that higher quality actors and outsiders can enter the industry and scale greater deserving heights with the audience's support and the standards for our cinema will automatically be raised if the audience makes it happen.

Anonymous 7 months ago

what a fine actor he was !!!i hope the film industry lends support to his family now.

Anonymous 7 months ago

Its true his mum died on 25th April: Khan’s mother, Saeeda Begum, died on Saturday (25 April) at the age of 95, with Khan attending her funeral via video link.

Anonymous 7 months ago

Omg it came as a shock as it was for Sri death.I still cannot believe it.My heart goes out for his family.

Anonymous 7 months ago

A huge loss for the Indian film industry. A fine and one of a kind actor. RIP. May God bless you precious soul. Deeply saddned by this tragic news.

R.I.P Irfaan Khan

R.I.P Irfaan Khan

Anonymous 7 months ago

Rest in Peace Irrfan Khan Sir!!!

Anonymous 7 months ago

I dnt beleive ,when the news flash on my computer screen.irfan khan is one of my very favorite actor and i hate n disheartened to hear when some lost their life against the Cancer i feel like its my lost as i hv lost of Father last yr of cancer.my heartfelt condolences to the family ,my prayers r to him.REST IN PEACE ...WILL ALWAYS MISS U!

Anonymous 7 months ago

Same here.lost my dad last April to cancer. So i am not able to stop my tears since the moment i heard about Irrfan today. May he rest in peace.

Is it true that her mother pass away 2 days before

Rest in everlasting peace

Really sad news....! What a fine actor he was! May his soul RIP

Anonymous 7 months ago

This is devastating. My prayers to the family. He truly was one of the kind. Irfan, movies without you will never be the same.

Anonymous 7 months ago

I wished for him to get well soon but this happened. I'm shocked. RIP Irrfan Khan Sir

Anonymous 7 months ago

RIP sir I can’t believe we lost him. What an actor!!he will always be alive in our hearts

Rest in peace Sir

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options