Deepika Padukone's journey in Bollywood is nothing less than an inspiration. However, very few people are aware of the fact that she is also a skilled badminton player.
Deepika Padukone: When the actress changed focus from sports to modeling at the age of 16Deepika Padukone: When the actress changed focus from sports to modeling at the age of 16

Deepika Padukone does not need any introduction. The actress is currently considered one of the most bankable celebs in Bollywood. Well, everyone knows that Deepika’s father, Prakash Padukone, was a badminton player. So, there is no doubt that the actress has expertise in that field too. In one of her interviews, she opened up on how she played the sport right from her childhood to teenage days. The actress has also revealed that she considers badminton as her ‘second love.’

However, Deepika changed her focus to modeling and acting when she was 16. Very few people are aware of the fact that the actress also appeared in a few commercials as a child. She began to pursue modeling as her full-time career after her 10th board examination. Deepika’s mother, Ujjala, has revealed how her daughter approached her one fine day and talked about doing modeling and getting into movies. The actress reportedly also told her mom that she would make them proud one day.

Just like many other celebs, Deepika did modeling assignments before venturing into acting. The actress walked the ramp for late designer Wendell Rodricks too. He is the same man who suggested her name to Malaika Arora, and the latter passed the same to Farah Khan. That paved the way for Deepika’s debut in Om Shanti Om in 2007. Well, she has achieved multiple successes in her sports career too. For the unversed, the actress also played badminton at the national level.

Also Read: Deepika Padukone gives you a lesson on colour blocking and street style all in one; Yay or Nay?

Anonymous 5 days ago

love deepika&ranveer!

Anonymous 1 week ago

DEEPIKA and RANVEER HAD A STORY WEDDING! The strong connection between them is like a rock of stone. That is why many are envious of them, but most of them love them unconditionally. Deepika's style in making their wedding dazzling leaves a unique imprint and that is why it will remain in history. A magnificent couple that arouses attraction and pleasure, just as the feelings between them are wrapped and intertwined together in love! God bless! Deepika is a desired woman. She is part of the beauties of the world. There is a saying in the world, namely: "WHAT IS BEAUTIFUL AND SUITABLE AND GOD LIKES IT", that's how Deepika is with Ranveer, a special, amazing couple! What a beautiful pair the SLB managed to make. He has a perfect mind when he saw the physical and human affinities between Deepika & Ranveer. With this pair, he made 3 films, one more beautiful than the other, films that will remain as a landmark in universal cinema, watched with great pleasure, especially through the participation of the 2 wonderful, talented and suitable actors. In the movie Ramleela they have an incredible phase with their deadly kiss. A mating and a chemistry rarely found even in movies. Ranveer's technique and passion for embracing the sensual Deepika, as well as their 10+ kiss are fabulous. I repeat, THEIR KISS is certainly among the most amazing in the film industry, along with others in Hollywood, an opinion shared by directors, directors, screenwriters, etc. in the field, without a

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me - Breakup isn't Depression. I lied about my depression to destroy Rankat and I finally did .

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

It is not true what is said about Deepika. They try to discredit him because he has been dominating bollywood for a long time, he settled in his house married to the love of his life, Ranveer and that is why the envious ones wish him harm. I am sure that Deepika and her husband will get over these gossips and will continue their life in a pleasant way.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

You repeat after me blood ideot..deepika never said she was in depression because of her break up...your ranbir cheated on ketrina..deepika did nathing...bloody ideot if you don't know anything then don't open your gatter mouth...

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me - My name is Depression Padukone.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

happiness comes from your face, anonymous chimpanzee

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Deepika is a farce. Not one tweet about SSR. She’s protecting her druggie husband and her druggie past. Her family is openly anti Modi. They go around saying that this is propaganda done by Modi’s govt for votes in Bihar and UP. They are shameless.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Way to go in cursing people out! Haha is that what DP and RS pay you for? For the projection of a certain image they curate so carefully? She went to JNU at the risk of her career but she cannot say one word about drugs or Sushant? She is manipulative — quiet when she needs to be to hide her life and vocal when she needs to promote herself. She will get what she deserves.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Agreed. She risks her career going to JNU but won’t say a word about Sushant. The replier here is obviously one of her paid PR people - her and Ranveer employ quite a few of those to cover up their ways to ensure only a certain image is projected in public. She is a fake. She is totally ok with the mafia, which explains her rise in Bollywood given her lack of talent.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Stupid...do you have any proof about ranveer ? Have you seen him with drugs ? Stop blindly beleaveing on kangana ? She her self is a drug addict she admited on national tv...and for your kind informetion if some one waz not sapporting modi its not a crime...you bloody first educate your self before commenting..every politicial party is anti modi....pv post my comment plz....

Deepika great woman

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Deepika thanks for coming to films

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Thank god u r not with Ranjit Kapoor and you are married to a most loved of Bollywood ranveer Singh

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Deepika u came for us and we always support you

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Ranveer’s puppy love is just an act, he is also very cunning, after a few years he is gonna withdraw the excessive affection he hooked Deepika with and she will be left wanting more....sad twisted fate.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Deepika, ex-outsider now a cunning insider, lucky to be with kjo gang...about Ranveer, less said the better, he was looking for a trophy, she was looking for a puppy, both found each other and happy forever.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Ong half educated kangu bai's paid dogs are here... Jalne ki bhi ek had hoti hai.. Anyways go and tell your half educated to stop spreading fake news... Lollllll.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I really don’t buy that her marriage to the clown is real. It seems so forced, she waited and waited and waited, didn’t admit to dating him ever, no affection ever expressed, then straight to shadi. She settled for him as she was getting older and did not want the sad spinster tag.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Deepika's life is Ranbir,Depression, Ranveer, Depression, Ranbir........

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Padukone is still in depression for ranbir and her flop career.

DEPRESSION PADUKONE

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Sports to modelling at age of 16 And modelling to Drugs at age of ??? Is it 17?

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

The venom you people are spewing is really bad. Hope all of you are great human beings and live perfect lives that no one will ever attack you without knowing who you really are.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Clown ranveer is deepikas karma. God is punishing you for what you did to drugbir and Katrina. They must be laughing watching you suffer like this

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Ohh really stupid.what she did ? God is punishing ketrina and drugbir for what they done with deepika.thats why drugbir is daþeing uglia and ketrina is dateing 1 flim wonder vicky.and ranveer is good karma for deepika she deserve the most talented superstar like ranveer...pinkvilla post plz

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

How is he her Karma wen they were together for along time before they got married. The way I see it Ranbir looks miserable and we can’t say anything about about Katrina. Katrina and Deepika are in two different leagues. A lot of women aren’t blessed to find the love like Deepika and Ranveer so if it’s karma I’ll take Deepika’s karma everyday and twice on Sunday.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Deepika is still desperate for drug addict ranbir, I am sorry but keep dreaming I heard he's very happy with his uglia, she knows how to make daal chawal and biryani and you cannot

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Haters i am sorry.you keep thinking but deepika and ranveer are powerful couple and she is vary happy with her husban.....ranbir deserve that shot girl

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Her husband Ranverr singh and herslef no less druggies

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

The comments here are super hilarious. Maza aa gaya

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

This picture above proves that deepika is still depressed and soon she's going the parveen babi way along with her clown husband. Tell us mahesh buddha, do you see this coming?

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me, after my jnu visit, everyone is going to make movies super flops

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me, I am depression padukone and I have shamelessly used sushant's death to my personal gain

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Silly stupid your hagnai Is useing sari death for her personal agenda

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me, no one, I repeat no one is faker than me in bollywood, I smile to the cameras at the airport and pretend to be Sati Savitri when in rheality I am a mean girl who's jealous and insecure of every actress

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Ohh poor kangana sorry to say but you are so jealous of every actress and now giving your tag to others come on women everyone know about you.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me, I am still not over drugbir, I want him back at any cost

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me, I am a cunning fox

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me, my clown ranveer is a coke-head and so am I, Rhea is going to expose us very soon

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me, me and my clown ranveer are going to be arrested soon

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Deepika is also mentally unstable and hopefully she's also going the parveen babi, way. Tell us mahesh buddha, do you see this coming?

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me, my career is over and no one will work with me after everyone knew my true colors

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me kangana s careen is going to end because know one wants to work with a psycho

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me, I am old and flop

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me, I am the most cunning in woman in the industry

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me, my husband is the biggest clown and he has no shame that he snatched many movies from SSR

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

She is exactly like Ankita who can't get over sushant. Deepika can't get over RK.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me, I am a snake

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

deepika to herself - banna mrs kapoor chahti thi ...yeh kahan bhavnani banke reh gayi

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Kangana banne cali thi roshans but bechari abhi tak kuch bhi nahi bansaki poor lady

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Repeat after me, I am an opportunistic cunning woman who uses a man's death to promote her foundation

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Best thing for Bollywood and her fans:))

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Hey depression padukone, I heard you still want your ex back and smell his boxers everyday, maybe you're soon going the parveen babi way. Tell us mahesh buddha, do you see this coming?

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

May be the worst decision made by her

wannabe 'mrs kapoor'

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

shes hoping for a Love aaj kal scenario in her life . one more gold digger.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Who cares. Theres are important issues in the world that cplour undies Ranbir is wearing.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Depression hain muje Ranbir ke liye.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Ohhh.. So, Kangu PR is here.

Best decision made. Love you DP

Best decision made. Love you DP

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

These woman dream of getting hitched to rich filmy family boys. Like Tara and that Arman Jain. Money is so attractive.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Stupid kangu bai pr are commenting

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I dont like this lady. Iski havas Ranbir ke liye embarassing hain. She and her druggie hubbie think they r a force to b reckoned with. Depression over Ranbir ki manhood.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I really dont understand why this half educated people are soooo jealous of deepika. And for your kind information deepika never said she was in depression because of ranbir....if you dont know anything then dont open your bloody mouth...disgusting haters...pv post plz

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options