Jacqueline Fernandez: I am not going to do a female-oriented film just for the sake of it

Jacqueline Fernandez will star in the Hindi adaptation of The Girl on the Train.

Updated on Dec 09, 2017 05:44 AM IST  |  266.6K

Jacqueline Fernandez has been a part of some of the most commercially successful movies like Housefull 3 and Judwaa 2.

In an interview with a leading daily, Jacqueline revealed how she loves commercial cinema and said, "I am a lover of cinema, and, in fact, would watch a lot of world cinema, foreign films as well as small niche movies [when I was growing up]. But still, I would be really excited about big commercial cinema, as it would make me laugh or cry."

Jacqueline is going to be starring in a female-oriented movie as the actress is set to collaborate with filmmaker Ribhu Dasgupta in the Hindi adaptation of the 2015 book, The Girl on the Train. The novel is written by British author Paula Hawkins and is a psychological thriller.

"I am not going to do a female-oriented film just for the sake of it. I really loved the book but I must say that I didn’t like the film as much (laughs)," the actress stated.

Talking more about the movie, Jacqueline said, "I am very excited about the film because the character is flawed and has so many different dimensions. So I am really looking forward to playing her."

Earlier, Ribhu spoke to a leading tabloid about the movie and said,  "I have just finished the script. Jackie has come on board as the protagonist. While the novel had an ensemble cast, our film will revolve around her character. I have been looking forward to working with her and this seemed like a perfect project to collaborate."

For the latest Bollywood news, Telugu news, entertainment exclusives, gossip, movie reviews, and more, follow the Pinkvilla website and YouTube channel, or head to our social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram!

Top Comments
There are no comments in this article yet. Be first to post one!
Anonymous
Dec 10, 2017 10:03 AM
Jacqueline performed well in Murder 2, Kick, Brothers, Roy & Race 2. So I'm actually looking forward to seeing her in this project as she will be carrying it on her shoulders. Instead of writing her off guys, she did achieve a lot for a foreigner in India, she's been here 8 years now and speaks Hindi well now too. Give her a chance and let's see what she does in this film.
Anonymous
Dec 09, 2017 12:57 AM
Sorry, I like Jacqueline, but unless she gets some serious acting skills, she will NEVER be able to carry a movie on her own. She will always be part of an ensemble cast. If she devoted the same amount of time to pole dancing and MMA, to acting. Then she would be able to achieve much more.
Anonymous
Dec 08, 2017 10:25 PM
she is so honost, i saw her at video with anupama in youtube and fell in love! super sweet and real girl
Anonymous
Dec 08, 2017 07:42 PM
I think she's really an underestimated actress. She is talented. She did a great job in brothers that real acting. She just needs to do more performance worthy movies and she will do great
Anonymous
Dec 08, 2017 06:15 PM
I like her and i am a fan of her, but she can't act... let's be honest about that. But she can do commercial films... that's okay I guess. all i want is to see her lol...
Anonymous
Dec 08, 2017 04:37 PM
She was very good in murder2 brothers n kick ..she has a lot of potential ..all the best
Anonymous
Dec 08, 2017 02:21 PM
Lol
Anonymous
Dec 08, 2017 01:34 PM
Jacqueline is capable of giving a good performance. She acted well in Brothers. I wish she was more careful in choosing her scripts. She'll do well by focusing less on glamorous roles and more on emotional roles.
Anonymous
Dec 08, 2017 12:32 PM
Good news is that her limited talent will keep her away from any serious movie.. Male or female centric
Anonymous
Dec 08, 2017 11:52 AM
she is absolutely correct...Jacquiline is still an ultra glamorous, young, vibrant and breezy actress...she will fit for commercial movies in young bubbly characters...she can set fire steamy scenes with her hot body, sexy expressions and super smooches with her gorgeous lips...so she can continue in glamorous roles without a sigh of thought.