Kangana Ranaut has now levelled allegations against a popular fashion magazine where she has hit out at them for banning her and snubbing her not once but on three occasions. Read the full story inside.
Kangana Ranaut reveals how a magazine snubbed her: They shot with Priyanka Chopra; felt I wasn't an A listerKangana Ranaut reveals how a magazine snubbed her: They shot with Priyanka Chopra; felt I wasn't an A lister

Kangana Ranaut has been opening up like never before. The actress voiced her opinions over Sushant Singh Rajput's untimely deaths, called out nepotism in the industry, and spoke against blind items over the week. Now, Kangana has opened up about being mistreated by a leading fashion magazine on three different occasions. The actress claims the fashion magazine has shot with her twice following which they have banned her but continue to use her pictures and videos. Kangana sheds light about the three occasions.

Kangana recalled the first time she crossed paths with the magazine in 2008, during the release of Fashion. She revealed her Fashion co-star Priyanka Chopra (now Priyanka Chopra Jonas) was featured on the cover for Kangana wasn't an A-lister. "Durning my movie Fashion’s release in 2008 Vogue did a cover with Priyanka Chopra and refused to put me on their cover they said I am not an A-lister," she said.

ALSO READ | Kangana Ranaut hits out at Bollywood's movie mafia, reveals media painted Sushant Singh Rajput in bad light

When the actress worked with the magazine in 2014, she requested for Anaita Shroff Adajania to style her. However, the request wasn't fulfilled. "In 2014, Vogue approached me for a cover but Anaita refused to style me. She sent her assistant and they shot it in Mukesh Mills. In 2015, post my sudden ascend to the top position, they said if I want to do covers with them then I must attend their beauty awards. I requested like other film stars I too want to shoot outdoors for a cover story with Vogue. I requested that Anaita styled me. They promised but again they shot my cover in Mukesh Mills (same location they did the last cover) and when I asked for clothes fitting, they said 'If you want Anaita to style you she will directly come to location no fittings for you'. This was shocking behaviour. I felt so humiliated," she added.

"Those are the only two covers I did with them. Post that, they openly banned me. But during Manikarnika, I spoke to their head Alex and told him I need to promote my film. I wished to do a cover with them. They asked for a few favours like attend their beauty award and shoot a cover for their upcoming magazine. But they refuse to shoot the promised Vogue cover story with me for any of my movie promotions," Kangana added. "I see that they keep using my pictures and videos to promote themselves, is this fair? Isn’t it supposed to be beneficial for both the parties involved?" Kangana asked.

ALSO READ | EXCLUSIVE! Kangana Ranaut: Javed Akhtar told me if I don't apologise to Rakesh Roshan & family, I’ll be jailed

Stay tuned to Pinkvilla for more updates.

Download the Pinkvilla App for latest Bollywood & Entertainment news, hot celebrity photos, lifestyle articles, fashion & beauty news,Hollywood, K-Drama etc . Click here
Anonymous 4 months ago

Lets. Accept sometime you forget and move on in life till koi fir se zakhm hare na kar de it’s human nature we can forgive but not forget. It’s easy to say move on unless. You r a star kid.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Sushant's incident just shook up the foundation of bw...he is one who needs to get more credit for his fight but as a common audience, feel kangana & her fans are really making it up like she is the sole jhansi of this battle. nah!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Oh poor Kangana. She didn't get what she wanted.. boo hoo..

Anonymous 4 months ago

Third rate people trying to judge Kangana. Go to hell.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Why does she open her mouth about to complain about not getting what she wanted? What does Vogue owe her exactly?

Anonymous 4 months ago

I know kangana you are a nice actress but I want to talk about soonam alia salmaan kareena sonakshi and Karan and all those who believe in nepotism I want to tell that kindly dislike the movies of at least these actors and actresses mentioned above who created such nepotism in Bollywood by rating them negatively this would help others except these f**ky star kids I know we are hopeless that our beloved actor Sushant is no more but at least we can save other Sushant fighting with Bollywood nepotism

Anonymous 4 months ago

Every time this woman or her Nepo sister open their mouths, they astonish me with their hypocrisy & sense of entitlement. Arrogance blinds them and people like these only realise when its too late.

Anonymous 4 months ago

A magazine cover is not a share that someone is entitled to. How bizarre is her thinking.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Why does Kangana employ her sister and build house for her? Or is nepotism only for others?

Anonymous 4 months ago

Of course, each talent is entitled to get their share. It's not like Gandhis' deserve to be at the helm in the political world or the Khans will dictate everything in the entertainment industry in India. Hollywood gives chance to all artists. Bollywood tries to be Hollywood but wants their old 'nepotism' culture to prevail. Hypocrites!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Ban nepotism I read it many times Alia Bhatt last Instagram picture : more than 1 million You Indian let me laugh !!!!! The change will never happen and good actress and actors will continue to struggle Bravo India

Anonymous 4 months ago

And Shahrukhs daughter was already on the cover of Vogue.....

Anonymous 4 months ago

Unfortunatley a magazine works per demand and lot of people would rather see SRK's daughter than Rangoli on a cover. Kangana should finance her own charity magazine and put random people on covers.

Xx

Anonymous 4 months ago

She was one of my favourite actress, I repected her work and dedication, but after her movie Queen all she does now is bickering...always complaining...Even in Sushant Singh suicide,she took advantage of the situation and took all the focus from his death on her.....What has she ever done for anyone??? There is no possitivity at all from her side....Till her sister was on twitter she had no problem...once they banned Rangoli she wanted people to boycott twitter....Selfish Senselessand Arrogant

Anonymous 4 months ago

Make no mistake, there is a clear PR campaign which has begun in full swing: Day 1 PR queen writes a insta post and major outlets and blue tick Twitter people say gospel truth, matter closed! Day 2 Sonam talks about her and their karma justification Day 3 Vogue shares 5 year old post to make Kangana also sound like a mean rich girl Day 4 Anupama shares “Sushant died quietly” post and says everyone be quiet now PV please post!

Anonymous 4 months ago

& you will still watch it so that you can criticize it to your hearts brim. lol.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Oh no! not just quiety, but Sushant "chose to pass away quietly". When this is caliber of the Bollywood ecosystem, what else do you expect? Idiotic star daughters, snooty magazine editors and film journos who thrive in this system of mediocrity and absolute shamelessness cannot come up with anything better. There will be many more, PR is always systematic and contrived because in Bullywood, it is meant to make terrible look fab. Wont be surprised if anaida, anupama and sonam win awards in some fake shows for this.

Anonymous 4 months ago

So true the foot soldiers like anupama and sonam who have nothing to lose have started rambling and covering up. Such a disgrace!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Shameful buckling of such top mag by nepo gang!

Anonymous 4 months ago

The reason for downfall of Pinkvilla is that pathetic kangu fans have hijacked this place.

Anonymous 4 months ago

but the truth is she does have a great PR & a smart one of'course run by her own cleverness. None of the other stars have a good PR that can fake goodness that can fool public like this. & that is what is BW. how much you can sell fakeness without public noticing it. if other stars do not have it then may the fittest one win...in this case no doubt it is kangana & definitely she does like a boss. so be it until her good time comes to an end and then someone else takes over.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana PR , only you talk about Aditya Pancholi like he's out to get her. People come here for many superstars from SRK to Deepika. Not for Kangana or Aditya Pancholi.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Really? Thought a lot of PR was talking only about hrithik and Aditya pancholi. The same old jibes thought they had hijacked PV!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Whatever is she....isn't because she is brave and strong (not at all)...but because she is also not the part of such "Big people of bollywood"...if she would...definitely, even she doesn't care for whatever is going on..." Just a clever lady".

Anonymous 4 months ago

You don’t know how to use double quotes :D hahaha

Anonymous 4 months ago

those people badmouthing kangana listen kangana is not badmouthing pryianka or she is complaining and bullshiting . she is exposing how outsider are treated by people . if people aren't provided equal opportunity then the person has right voice her opinion . she can speak all the thinks she has gone through and those saying she B or C class actress she is I will say this to u her movie box office doesn't decide her class nor her stardom . Her acting talent is enough to tell she is talented actor . actor class is decided by her acting not by box office or stardom if u go by acting she is A class actress and there is no denying it .and those people saying kangana is just using sushant death as publicty or politics know this she is not doing for publicity she is doing for change in industry unlike other people are silent

Sad

Kangana is so UNGRATEFUL

Anonymous 4 months ago

No more than you for sure !

Not worth wasting words. Just one thing - ROTLU

Anonymous 4 months ago

Panga opened at 1.25cr. That is C-grade star material. its funny that you think you are A star.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Look like Kangana is obsessed with Anaita just like how she was with Hrithik.

Anonymous 4 months ago

What is anaida to hrithik that he needed to be brought in here?

Anonymous 4 months ago

She doesn't care about Sushant, she only cares for herself. How conveniently she changed HIS words to help her hateful agenda.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Again playing the victim card, milking every opportunity after Sushant's death.

But Kangna is still a B lister. :P

Anonymous 4 months ago

Because dumb like you still pay for untalented nepotism movie !!!! Kangana no needs a letter she can incarne any role with ease she is far better than all others actress young or old !!!!!

Anonymous 4 months ago

And you are not listed you fringe element.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Enough about unfairness to Kangana by others. I can’t take it anymore of these complaints by Kangana. Every time she opens her mouth it it is me, me, me. Enough. She has got fans, still getting offers, and her pictures get published. I thought we are fighting against nepotism at the expense of talented outsiders and how some big names are purposefully destroying promising youngsters and snatching their offers for star kids. Now she raises magazines being unfair. Then what make up men, costume designer, singer, choreographer? She opens up one episode after another carefully. Lady, please stop. Fight for a cause.

Anonymous 4 months ago

There is no respect and necessity for talent in Bollywood....if some peoples get recognized outside Bollywood then this film industry will certainly give importance and willing to work with him or her....best example Irfan Khan...for a long time he worked in television, theatre and in some films with smaller roles but this nepotism gang mainstream never accepted him... and see shahrukh... he had done very less work in television but Bollywood had taken him very positively though he lacked the talent and acting abilities only because this nepotism gangs best leader KJo was lattu on him... pathetic.... Kangana is brave and must for this industry to tighten them, slap them and show them the mirror that these gang members are nothing but the fake people's whose films are burden on general audience.... this gang is responsible for failures of more than 95 % flops of hindi movies

Anonymous 4 months ago

Hello hello...SRK is a star, a superstar who sets the box office on fire, anything he touched was gold in the 90s. Why would people not want to work with him??

Anonymous 4 months ago

shahruk sidelined himself in billu barber. it was irfan film all the way and he wasnt a star at that time

Anonymous 4 months ago

Vogue and other fashion magazines have become slaves of Bollywood’s nepotism and PR culture.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Absolutely agree. Indian Vogue is a slave to movie industry and nepotism. Not modelling or fashion.

Anonymous 4 months ago

How stupid! A global magazine features models that become global supermodels.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Why would a global magazine cater to a B lister like Kangana?

Anonymous 4 months ago

Why do Bollywood get actors from Modelling? Tired of watching these people either from Modelling or the nepo gang. They don't even emote and somehow we got used to these kind of actors gradually mostly unaware of the over hyped PR tactics who forcefully shoved their opinions down our throats. Don't we have anyone who can work in the movies directly from outside like how we had SriDevi, Madhuri , Vidya Balan and many more who are not only good actors but remained humble as well. All we find now is a whole lot of immatured arrogant people minus few good actors like Kangana and few others.

Anonymous 4 months ago

The screening to get selected in Hollywood is not so easy and it cannot be even compared to how it works here. If the models are superlative actors nobody denies them but when it becomes an easy path to enter movies just because they are miss Universe, worlds, asia, India etc......, then it's a problem.

Anonymous 4 months ago

But most of the models turned out to be just Bimbos or mediocre actors and we had to settle down to their mediocre acting whereas could have found more talented actors outside.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Models are outsiders too... Just because they started into modelling, doesn't mean that they are not talented... Many Oscar winning Hollywood superstars started with modelling too...

Anonymous 4 months ago

On the other hand these actors have become models. Showcasing the wears. Why? I say why? Just for brand promotions? Im sure there is resentment in the modelling world too against these nepotists coming n taking their place.

Anonymous 4 months ago

The magazine took PC who was more famous than you at that time, nothi g surprisi g. But then they did use you when you made it. So what are you complaining. It is their magazine, they do what they want. Are you going to blame K Jo for that also. Btw, you gave him a flop in his movie Ungli.

Anonymous 4 months ago

At last someone has courage to speak against injustice and she is in position to speak.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Speak out kangana!haters will always hate,,we public deserves to know what actually happens in this so called glamour world...

Anonymous 4 months ago

How will society work if everyone is threated the same?? Even Kangana let's principles go to avoid loss. It's all about making or losing money. It's not about a person or even an industry.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana had a completely different thing to say on Jiah Khan's suicide.

Anonymous 4 months ago

THIS! From what I recall she had nary a bad word for Sooraj. Meanwhile Deepika made a show of showing up but couldn't this time in spite of having worked with SSR in Raabta.

Anonymous 4 months ago

First world problems. And then they try to appeal to the people.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana honey, it's THEIR perogative.

Anonymous 4 months ago

PR, honey, but you didn't say who the heck Kangana is to dictate to others? Is it her own magazine or Rangoli's?

Learn English honey lmaoo

Anonymous 4 months ago

They should at least stop recycling her images from 5 years ago.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Lots of politics in movie industry. No controller. Top purple just manipulate. KN is struggling with those manipulators is v v sad indeed. We can voice it.

Anonymous 4 months ago

didn't she say it is my prerogative to cut roles & still use those actors in her movie? so how much different is this from that.

Anonymous 4 months ago

humm..in future if you break up with our sister, then you will state that i wanted to pee but my sister did not allow me to go first because she is older to me. how dare she showed her power of being older than me! what kangana, you could have sued the magazine & finish it off if it had any legality. always so much of negativity & that too using this opportunity.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I don’t read Aunty’s statement anymore because she is all about herself. But Priyanka is a much bigger star than Kangana - facts hurt but it’s what it’s

Anonymous 4 months ago

Imagine what lesser actors are treated and how they must thrown around

Anonymous 4 months ago

Like kangana threw out struggling actors n mocked them as "chota mota actors"

Anonymous 4 months ago

Please get justice for sushant

Anonymous 4 months ago

Sushant singh rajput is always in our heart❤ we really missed u sushant

Anonymous 4 months ago

But even after SSR case, some people have not learned their lessons. They still want to bring actors' personal lives to win an argument which otherwise stands no ground. KR never tried to act like a saint, today she's calling for a reform.Use google translate if you can't read english.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana u cannot sell a film without targeting A listers even now . forget abt back then hahahaha

Anonymous 4 months ago

I agree that star kids shouldn’t get covers without any merit but I also think Kangana wasn’t a big enough star before Fashion either. Neither should be on the cover. My full support to outsiders that work hard and break through... I really like Priyanka and Vidya, they’re the best!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Vidya yes but she now is marrying a producer so her career is at zero For Priyanka she is like nepokids in the shoes of Sharukh Salman KJO she knows the dirty game of Bollywood well For me she is not a good actress

Anonymous 4 months ago

And who are you? Wait, I know..it's Kangana PR isn't it?

Anonymous 4 months ago

Who are you?? An A lister??

Anonymous 4 months ago

That’s what she is saying that at the time of fashion she was treated the way she was. Read what she has said..

Anonymous 4 months ago

She didn't become a A Lister even after queen . Her only solo hit . When did she become a A Lister?

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana why did you go to PC wedding reception then???

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana has no problems with PC. Why should she Not attend her wedding if she was invited.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana great going! Pls address this foundation tamasha also which these previliged nepos and bully actresses are doing. They make foundations for any cause (even depression!), try to gain public sympathy, then they become producers and openly support anti national forces. Who knows kiska paisa hai aur kis route ke thru aaya hai? Foundations are a v good option to get outside money. Pls post.

Anonymous 4 months ago

There can be only three kinds of person in bollywood, KR, the one who does not have any filter and is open to say out things the way they are and secondly,the star kids who think they can misuse their privilege and oust talent ,and the third are bootlickers,they chose to cling to the mafias to get attention and movies.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana treated Sonu Sood badly. Since then I dislike her! She just has her own agenda, she doesn’t care about outsiders.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana did worse to Hrithi. She is pychotic nad taking advantage of SSR death to promote herself. She is the worst of all

Anonymous 4 months ago

Sonu Sood is getting a lot of PR by rohini iyer! Your comment isn’t surprising!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana the world doesnt revolves around you. Anita did right, you aint a superstar so dont expect to get everything at you feet. You’re Good actress no doubt, but not a superstar.

Who’s Anita?? Idiot I’m anaida and I love Kangana too

Anonymous 4 months ago

Basically she abuses every other person who are successful than her . Insider or Outsider is irrelevant. It is always only about her

They know that Priyanka can sell magazines . While u can only sell urself lol

Pathetic move

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana has called out the bullshit of fashion magazine which many top designers have said too. Fashion is not Bollywood and certainly not about just the nepo gang!

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options