Me Too: Boney Kapoor defends Rajkumar Hirani says, ‘He is too good a man to do something like this’

In the wake of the #MeToo movement, film producer Boney Kapoor came out in support of Rajkumar Hirani who has been accused of sexual misconduct, read details!
Boney Kapoor defends Rajkumar Hirani after the latter was accused of sexual misconduct Boney Kapoor defends Rajkumar Hirani after the latter was accused of sexual misconduct
  • 5
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp

Little did Former Miss India Tanushree Dutta know that her vacation to India will earn her the tag of the flag-bearer of the Me Too movement in India. Yes, it all started with Tanushree Dutta renewing a decade-old sexual harassment case against Nana Patekar that took place on the sets of the 2008-film Horn Ok Pleassss. Post that, the #MeToo movement gained momentum in India so much that a lot of women came out in the open to share their Me Too stories.

Post Nana Patekar, a lot of prominent personalities such as Vikas Bahl, Sajid Khan, Subhash Ghai, Anu Malik, Kailash Kher, and Jatin Das, among others came under the scanner for their sexual misconduct, and in the latest development, we have film-maker Rajkumari Hirani being accused of sexual harassment. Yes, the creator of the Munnabhai series has been accused of sexual assault by a woman who worked with him on his 2018 movie Sanju. While Hirani has issued a statement denying the allegations, the woman, who was an assistant on the sets of Sanju, has alleged that Hirani sexually abused her more than once between March and September 2018. While Arshad Warsi, Sharman Joshi, Dia Mirza and others who have closely worked with him have said that it is quite shocking to believe this piece of news, producer and Janhvi Kapoor’s father, Boney Kapoortoo has expressed a sense of shock at the allegations against Hirani. Speaking to ANI, Boney Kapoor said, “Rajkumar Hirani is too good a man to do something like this. I don’t believe this allegation. He can never do something like this.”

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Watch #SanjuOnStarPlus Today at 1pm.

A post shared by Rajkumar Hirani (@hirani.rajkumar) on

Earlier in an interview, Arshad Warsi had said, “If you talk to me about Raju Hirani as a person, as a personality and how he is, I think he is a wonderful person and a thorough gentleman. So, for me, it’s a shocker as it is for everybody else who has heard this news.”

In the wake of the allegations against Hirani, his name has been dropped as co-producer from the film Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga. The film stars Sonam Kapoor, Anil Kapoor and Rajkummar Hirani in lead roles. On the work front, Rajkumar Hirani last directorial film was the 2018 film Sanju.

Play #Jhacaaash: India's 1st LIVE #Bollywood Game Show on Facebook, every Monday and Thursday at 6:00 PM and win cash up to ₹50,000* per episode - https://www.facebook.com/jhacaaash/

Comments

Ouch! What a sad day when people make such random statements on the basis of just their 'opinion'. And that very young girl (article says almost 30 years younger that Hirani and just an assistant - mind you, not an actor) who has reportedly been abused by him has no value to you, Mr. Kapoor? Not even worth an investigation? How very sad.

On the other hand, you his daughter, son and nieces being vocal and supportive about MeToo and knowing when to shut up out of sensitivity if the movement hits too close to home. Boney doesn't deserve his family.

Hirani should be taken to task.

Someone is using your wife's name and death for publicity, speak about that.

And at the same time, your own brother dropped all association with him for Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga.

Add new comment