Updated on Nov 12, 2021 08:04 PM IST  |  178.2K

News,Ranbir Kapoor,rockstar
Ranbir Kapoor calls scene from Kun Faaya Kun the most poignant moment of his career; Here’s Why (Image: Rockstar movie)

To celebrate 10 Years of Rockstar, the makers of the movie held a reunion for the entire crew digitally via video call on Thursday, November 11. During the reunion, the main lead of the film Ranbir Kapoor went on to discuss a particular scene from the song Kun Faaya Kun. The Barfi actor hailed the scene as the ‘most poignant moment of his career’. Wondering what scene is he talking about?

In the song, Kun Faaya Kun, there comes a point that while singing, Ranbir just being still as he looks up in the sky. This particular moment has also received positive reviews from fans and critics alike. However, when it came to breaking down the scene for audiences, Ranbir had no answer for it. According to him, it was just the amalgamation of everyone’s energy that ended up him being caught in a beautiful moment like that. The star added that his surroundings, the weather and the phase of his life all added up in the creation of that one particular moment that he will always be praised and credited for.

Ranbir Kapoor said, “I also must mention this one moment in my career I think it’s become the most poignant moment. People give me credit for that one shot in Kun Faaya Kun when I am singing and I look up. To be honest, when I think about it, why do I get so much love for it. It is because when we were there present at the Nizamuddin Durgah, I and Imtiaz would spend a lot of time together, we used to go out at night, we use to sit and listen to the Qawwalis. I remember that day there was a lot of stress because they said you cannot use a dolly or a track. So the steady cam guy had to come, the whole song was shot on a steady camera.”

He further added, “It was the music, it was the time in my life, the weather in life, the Dargah, the love that everyone had. Everything just became so easy that I don’t even remember that I did anything special or if it was an amalgamation of everyone’s energy that just came into that shot. I keep looking at the shot and I wonder, okay I see it, but I don’t know what I did. I can’t replicate that thought process in my head, I was just singing the song and the camera was just moving and it just captured something which I think I will get a lot of credit for. It’s not something that I deserve, so I have to thank everybody who’s given that moment to me in my life.”

Speaking of the film, Helmed by Imtiaz Ali, Rockstar featured Ranbir Kapoor, Nargis Fakri and Sanjana Sanghi in pivotal roles. The plot of the movie chronicles the life of a simple boy Janardhan who falls in love with the most beautiful girl in his college. The simple boy who seeks inspiration for music inside him, end up reaching his goal after a heartbreak. He enjoys stardom but the path also leads him to self-destruction.

ALSO READ| Ranbir Kapoor reveals Naadaan Parinde was re recorded for THIS reason, thanks AR Rahman for his genius idea

Comments
User Avatar
User Avatar
Anonymous : karishma and kareena yes good actress.but rk i do not
REPLY 1 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : The best movie with outstanding Ranbir Kapoor ,the music ,only movie I watched twice ,do you all know the meaning of "kun fa ya kun"it's Allah's words he almighty says in Qur'an when I say "kun"meaning "hu ja"and woh hu jataa Hai so that phrase and that situation,Oh my God it was so heart touching ,I cried so much while watching the Movie,Rock star
REPLY 1 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Rk is not good to the actor. Raj kapoor,Karishma,kareena and last Ranbir.But Ranbir is far
REPLY 1 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I think Rk is not good to the actor. I think is good for singer.
REPLY 2 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Only name. Flop actor.
REPLY 2 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I remember distinctly, I was sitting with a group of friends and we were discussing Rockstar. I personally loved the movie and think Ranbir outdid himself. This performance was his pinnacle. While discussing the movie, we also discussed this song and this particular moment when he looked up. I said 'this moment really touched me as I felt Ranbir connected with God/universe in that brief moment' and everybody laughed at me. They said how did I know. This was a few years ago, today I stand validated.
REPLY 0 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : RK will be next Amitabh Bachchan . Don’t see my other actor in present times who is so natural onscreen
REPLY 0 2 weeks ago
Anonymous : Best actor
REPLY 0 2 weeks ago
Anonymous : FlopStar
REPLY 2 2 weeks ago
Anonymous : depressika get lost
REPLY 1 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Ranbir kapoor changed so much after rockstar . he became a very differnt person very mature and also stopped being in media . but wish he joined twitter and insta .
REPLY 2 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : He lost his drive and dedication in pursuit of women .
REPLY 0 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : pursuit of one woman. his only love katrina. they started started dating in 2009 and during rockstar. even today feels like he wants to get back with kat cuz he looks very irritated with alia bhatt
REPLY 0 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : he became very deep and seemed lot more grounded and happy . rockstar experince deffo changed him for the better .
REPLY 0 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : poignant momnt cuz in a interview during rockstar city travels RK has mentioned he was madly in love with one girl but teh girl was not interested . anchor koel had tweeted about it and she had said the girl was not any actress or famous celebrity. even imtiaz ali had hinted same . amazig film and best music and acting . rahman sir is really genious
REPLY 0 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : just saw koel episode . is great and yes he said about a girl who didnt love him back . one of best RK interviews i enjoyed
REPLY 1 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : it was during rockstar promo interview RK told he was totally in love with a girl who was not retuning same feelings and shes not actress or model . show was koels couch just watched it. love from dubai RK we love you waiting for #shamshera
REPLY 1 2 weeks ago
Anonymous : not good acting
REPLY 1 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : omg in koel couch RK had confessed he was in love with a girl who was not falling in love with him . it was during rockstar promotions . this film really changed RK life mostly . tats why he says its the time in his life and weather etc . love you RK
REPLY 1 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : if Ranbir was an outsider, no one knew about him. only the name kapoor keeps it afloat.
REPLY 1 2 weeks ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : RK killed this part. nobody managed to beat this role he played . the intensity RK did this role so effortlessly really outstanding actor
REPLY 2 2 weeks ago