Ranvir Shorey and Anurag Kashyap, who are known for not mincing their words, were seen launching sharp attacks at each other on social media after the actor attacked the independent film crusaders for turning into mainstream Bollywood flunkies.
Ranvir Shorey & Anurag Kashyap engage in a fiery war of words; Former calls the director’s replies unnecessary Ranvir Shorey & Anurag Kashyap engage in a fiery war of words; Former calls the director’s replies unnecessary

Sushant Singh Rajput’s unfortunate demise and Kangana Ranaut’s explosive interview has opened a can of worms in Bollywood and has also divided the industry into two segments. Undoubtedly, everyone is brimming with opinion over the same. But looks like it has also started a heated war of words between Ranvir Shorey and Anurag Kashyap on social media. It all started after the Sonchiriya actor attacked the independent film crusaders for turning into mainstream Bollywood flunkies in a tweet on micro-blogging site Twitter.

Ranvir wrote, “So many independent-film-crusaders have turned mainstream-Bollywood-flunkies now. These are the same people who used to rant 24/7 about the “system” for attention before they were given entry into the pearly gates of mainstream Bollywood. #Hypocrisy much?” His words didn’t go down well with Anurag, who quizzed him, “Do you really mean that @RanvirShorey. If you do please explain. Please say exactly what you mean and whose flunky is who?”

The Khosla Ka Ghosla actor was quick to reply to this that his tweet is quite clear and that he is just trying to remind people where they come from. He wrote, “I always say what I mean, @anuragkashyap72, you know that. And I don’t think what I’ve said lacks any clarity. It pretty much explains everything. As for taking names, that’s beneath me. I’m not trying to sling mud, but just reminding people where they come from.”

Launching an attack once again, Anurag asserted that Ranvir must not mix the past relationship with the debate. “So let’s talk. Right here. Whose flunky you think I am? Don't mix the pain of your past relationship with this debate. I will say everything here .. the correction is needed in this industry like every industry. I operate alone.. bolo,” he added. The filmmaker further emphasised that no one has worked with outsiders more than him. He wrote, “I can see what’s wrong with all that is going on and I see the game. Being played and people being used. Trust me I am not gutted by what you said, no one could gut me in 27 years .. and I am absolutely calm. And I will say this clearly - I am speaking here with you because I won’t allow you or anyone to distract or change the narrative of how the industry is being used. I won’t allow you to change or create the perception about me and make. Anyone believe otherwise.”

The war of words didn’t end here. Ranvir clarified that Anurag must have made the mistake of carrying the mantle of “independent film crusader” all by himself. He asserted that independent cinema is way beyond the filmmaker and that he must not belittle others when they are crying out. “How many people are you belittling when you say they are “distracting or changing the narrative”? Who are you to control the narrative? Everyone has the right to talk about their pain, just like you! And yes, your replies to me were unnecessary. I’m not here to make a spectacle,” Ranvir added.

Referring to Kangana’s recent interview, Anurag gave a sharp reply and wrote, “Okay. I buy that. You see Kangana’s outburst as her pain. Fine. I will agree to disagree.” To Ranvir mentioned that he isn’t taking any name and just defending everyone’s right to speak their truth. He wrote, “Again, I wasn’t mentioning any names, you are. Who is to say who is in real pain and who’s an attention seeker? I’m just defending everyone’s right to speak their own truth. Just like you do. You can agree or disagree.”

Anonymous 11 months ago

the only ranveer i can bear.

Anonymous 11 months ago

Abhijit, sonu nigam vivek agnihotri,mangna and now ranvir shorey destroyed the film industry. Yaaro tandav kar do. More people should come forward from film fretinity to vanish these hypocrite people.

Anonymous 11 months ago

Rajvir... aaj patha chala that you even have a Twitter account....I thinks aaj 2quarter marke you realised you have to speak an hain some attention...

Both are Drunk.

Anonymous 11 months ago

Suppeerrrrr se bhi uppaarr shorey

Anonymous 11 months ago

Omg !!!! that what app chat was right. The S word. S***** are out. We saw your movies & respect you guys for your work. No more!!! Is it true that most of the people in bollywood are not well read ? is this the reason ? No even high school graduate ?

Anonymous 11 months ago

Anurag needs guruji ka pyar

Anonymous 11 months ago

I vividly remember the time when Anurag blasted Ashutosh Gawarikar for making a movie with Abhishek On same historical figure that he was making with Manoj Bajpai. The fact that Ashutosh movie got more optic time than his made him fume and rant about these star kids this and that. Now that he is in the club he forgot his roots. For god sake this pathetic man choose not to come in support of his own brother who was being ostracised by Salman and his camp. All for the sake of money and fame. What do you expect from him. Get a Karan’s black stick and shove it up your arse.

Anonymous 11 months ago

Anurag Kashyap should stick to dating girls half his age. He thinks he is the most liberal progressive that India has ever seen. He is a woke activist. He picks and chooses his victims to bully !!!

Anonymous 11 months ago

Who know who is having the last laugh? Karan Johar. Can you see how all outsiders are fighting with each other. Insiders are so quiet and united. Ah well...

Anonymous 11 months ago

Ranveer Shorey has every right to share his perception of Anurag Basu. Anurag is the flunkey of the mainstream bollywood. There you go Anurag. Your bullying wont work either. Ranveer should have told him "Flunkies would identify themselves. He doesnt have to do it. As they say, chor ki daadi mein tinka". The B grade slaves of A grade bullies. PV please post.

Anonymous 11 months ago

Slaves are out, what trimming. Anurag kashyap, Karan Patel, Nakul, Samir Soni. Big list.

Anonymous 11 months ago

Ranvir Shorey- this guy is securing funding for his future films. Kaha jayega ye agar movie mafia se paise nahi mile to? Govt se milne wala pension jab band hua tha iska to isne kitna shor machaaya tha! Socho millions of Rs. Ke liye ye kya kya karega. Also, he wants a launch pad and coactors for his daughter. Just ignore him. As Kangana said- he is a chamchaa too. He is a part of the problem. Ignore him. PV pls post.

Anonymous 11 months ago

I always wonder, where Anurag gets money from. Most of his movies are flop, yet he was living in a resort before lockdown. Normal people don't get such luxuries. Somebody is funding him and so he has to defend them.

Anonymous 11 months ago

Wait, it's good for Ms. Ranaut to name names, use phrases like "B-Grade, Terrorists, and Anti-National" but if Mr. Kashyap names anyone he's making a "spectacle"? Double Standards are used by everyone.

Anonymous 11 months ago

She has the right to speak, he has the right to say he believes it's nonsense, that is freedom of speech, saying he's a "terrorist" is not free speech, it's slander. defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander. a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name. Law. defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.

Anonymous 11 months ago

Just like Mr kashyap advocates the right to freedom of expression and when kangana does it he tells her ki apni bakwaas band karo..no body tells him to stop when he is uttering nonscense..Ranvir shorey is right in reminding him that

kashyap should quit breathing

Anonymous 11 months ago

awesomeness...kashyap was invitee in KWK...ab cofee piya hai to twitter pe ulti karega hi

Anonymous 11 months ago

not sure what Ranvir was trying to say actually. I think he choked in between when questioned by Anurag.

Anonymous 11 months ago

Shorey abey khulkar toh bol pehle! :D

Anonymous 11 months ago

Why is anurag acting gulity. Shorey didnt name anyone. HAHA..good one Ranvir, it hit one right person

Anonymous 11 months ago

This Anurag guy is total nutcase. Forgot his roots, where is he come from. Forgot his own struggles. Dharma queen did Bombay Velvet and Anu thinks he can join nepo. gang and become famous. pathetic.

Anonymous 11 months ago

well written shorey.This Anurag is eccentric.For heavens sake dont come to south india.

Bachna Ae Haseeno lo mai aa gya

Anonymous 11 months ago

wow ranvir, well done man!

Anonymous 11 months ago

I guess only Kangana can control the narrative with her gross manipulation and demonization and everybody else should shut up and let her, lol. Thank you Anurag for standing up to the BS

Anonymous 11 months ago

Ranvir Shorey! I love you. Will pray for you and family. Monetary and film success is not all. Peace of mind and genuine fulfillment is more important

Anonymous 11 months ago

excellent ranveer! looks like you hit a nerve. AK sounds like a petulant toddler.

Anonymous 11 months ago

Yay ranvir, dpoken the truth. Yeh anurag apni taspee aunty ke liye tap raha hai, aur kuch nahi.

Totally jobless.