Sonam K Ahuja opens up on no actor wanting to work with her in Khoobsurat: Had to get Fawad Khan from Pakistan

Updated on Jun 30, 2019 10:15 AM IST  |  3.8M

News,Sonam Kapoor

At a time when Bollywood is buzzing with debates around Nepotism, everyone must have thought that daughter of Anil Kapoor, Sonam K Ahuja must have gotten everything easy in the industry. But little did we know that Sonam Kapoor had to audition for every film. During an interview with Filmfare, Sonam said that unlike star kids, she had to audition for every film she was cast in – such as Saawariya and Delhi 6, among others. “Initially, when I came in the industry, everyone said she’s born with a silver spoon, they alleged nepotism, etc. They didn’t know that I had auditioned for Saawariya (2007), I had auditioned for Delhi 6 (2009) and that I’ve auditioned for every film I’ve worked in. I just was able to have the initial meeting. That was it,” informed Sonam.

Not just this, Sonam K Ahuja said that while making Khoobsurat (2014), it was very difficult for them to find a male lead because nobody was ready to cast opposite Sonam since the name of the film was Khoobsurat. Sonam opened up about casting a male lead for Khoobsurat as she said, “I can’t explain how difficult it was to make Aisha. Do you know how much effort it took to make Khoobsurat? No hero wanted to work with me because it was called Khoobsurat. I had to get Fawad Khan from Pakistan. And look what happened. Fawad became a huge star. He had the confidence.” Although Khoobsurat had a slow start at the box office but due to positive word of mouth, the film became a hit and Sonam's performance as Dr. Milli was loved by one and all.

On the work front, Sonam was last seen in EK Ladki Ko Dekha To Aisa Laga co-starring Anil Kapoor and Rajkummar Rao and next, she will be seen in The Zoya Factor opposite South star Dulquer Salmaan. Talking about the film, it is based on Anuja Chauhan’s book with the same name.

Comments
User Avatar
Anonymous : Dp:i lost out on fawad
REPLY 0 2 years ago
Anonymous : Movie was not a Hit buhahah
REPLY 0 2 years ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : So sad, my heart breaks for her. It's been so, so difficult for her. Only Fawad agreed to do that role, so tragic.
REPLY 0 2 years ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Fawad khan was a big star before Khoovsurat. Karan johars mother, neetu Singh I believe also we’re big fans because of the serials. The movie was no big hit either. Fawad benefitted the most from the movie.
REPLY 0 2 years ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Sonam is so delusional.... Indian actors didn't want to work and waste thier precious time working with flop like sonam...that's why fawad accepted this movie and later he refused to work with her again...and she auditioned for every movie...hahahehe...
REPLY 0 2 years ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Zindagi gulzar hai and Humsafar were already famous in India before Khubsurat, besides he was already a superstar in Pakistan.
REPLY 0 2 years ago
Anonymous : Fawad khan was a star himself
REPLY 0 2 years ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : HE WAS A STAR BEFORE NOT NEED TO SONAM HELP SHE IS SO ARROGANT !
REPLY 0 2 years ago
Anonymous : But Yes sonam got him here and made him a star , that's true
REPLY 0 2 years ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I have never come across a more entitled person than her from bollywood. Queen of delusions and obnoxious motormouth.
REPLY 0 2 years ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Wow. So ungrateful. He was the star of the movie.
REPLY 0 2 years ago