Throwback Tuesday: When Kriti Sanon revealed what she and Sushant Singh Rajput bonded over during Raabta shoot

Updated on Nov 04, 2020 12:03 PM IST  |  4.2M

Kriti Sanon and late actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s sizzling chemistry in Raabta set tongues wagging. Audiences loved their pairing in Dinesh Vijan’s 2017 romantic flick. The film proved that in real life too, Kriti and Sushant shared great rapport. Their strong camaraderie was quite evident during the film's shoot and as well as during the promotions. Though Raabta was their first film together, they two always stunned us with their bond. Their on-screen jodi received much love from their fans. Back in 2017 during Raabta promotions, the Heropanti star had often expressed her fondness for SSR.

We stumbled upon a throwback interview of Kriti where she spoke about her bond with the late actor and the thing they most connected over. During an interview with Filmfare back then, she revealed that two really bonded well over food. She revealed that during the shoot days in Budapest, they discovered an Indian restaurant. On their cheat days, both the actors often used to indulge in eating Punjabi food.

The popular magazine quoted her as saying, “More over food than anything else! We discovered an Indian restaurant in Budapest, which serves daal-makhni and chicken tikka. On cheat days, we’d order food from there. Sushant is someone with ‘sweet teeth’ – not just a sweet tooth! I’ve never had as much ice cream as I did in Budapest. Initially, he used to call me ‘Punjaban’ because I enjoyed my butter chicken and other Punjabi stuff. We’d be delighted when rajma chawal was served on the set. It was heaven!”

Talking about Sushant as a co-star, the Dilwale actress had said she is pleased to see how passionate SSR had always been towards his craft. In order to get into the skin of his characters, the M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story star used to do a lot of research. She added, “He’s inspiring especially for someone like me who hasn’t worked much in the industry.”

On June 16, the Luka Chuppi star penned a heartfelt tribute for her late friend. She said she feels broken and lamented as she could not stop the tragedy.  Sharing a few pictures with Rajput, Kriti wrote on Instagram, “Sush.. I knew that your brilliant mind was your best friend and your worst enemy.. but it has broken me completely to know that you had a moment in your life where Dying felt easier or better than Living.”

The caption further read, “I so wish you had people around you to get you past THAT moment, i wish you hadn’t pushed the ones who loved you away.. i wish i could have fixed that something which was broken inside you..I couldn’t..I wish so so many things....A part of my heart has gone with you.. and a part will always keep you alive..Never stopped praying for your happiness and never will.”

Read Also: Throwback: Sushant Singh Rajput saves co star Kriti Sanon from an embarrassing moment in a smart way

Comments
Anonymous : Can't say anything about this post... a wonderful pictures of tow love birds ❤️❤️
REPLY 1 10 months ago
Anonymous : I was with her until she made it sound like Sushant harmed himself. He was murdered brutally and I’m sure she knows that. Disappointing that she is part of the cover up.
REPLY 9 10 months ago
Anonymous : Kriti is so lucky to ditch him on time. I can't imagine Kriti going through the same ordeal Rhea has gone through. I really like Kriti sanon. She is beautiful and intelligent and she deserves someone better than a druggy Sushant.
REPLY 2 10 months ago
Anonymous : Kriti is a nice girl but she left Sushant for reasons of her own. They were good friends and would have an positive impact on each other. I cannot think a better person for Kriti than Sushant. His intellect and talent is unparalleled . When you see the characters he played you can see the versatility in his performance .He looks like the character and not like himself , so complete is the transformation. And coming from middle class background we all identify with him, look up to him and adore him for the person he was. How we wish he was here to give those amazing performances . Be at peace dear Sushant where ever you are and may our wishes and prayers heal you transcend you !
REPLY 3 10 months ago
Anonymous : Will never get over the loss of dear Sushant SR, yes it definitely ws a gruesome murder n his murderers are nicely roaming free even now and so far as his so called girlfriend Rhea, the less said the better, her connections are very clear!
REPLY 9 10 months ago
Anonymous : He needed an intellectual match not a girl who is only interested in parties and dressup
REPLY 12 10 months ago
Anonymous : She didn't connect with SSR clearly.he would not have died lonely otherwise .
REPLY 5 10 months ago
Anonymous : Yeah like any other she ws after his fame.
REPLY 7 10 months ago
Anonymous : She is CLEARLY more famous that him!
REPLY 0 10 months ago
Anonymous : He was killed did not commit suicide...
REPLY 16 10 months ago
Anonymous : A true friend is one soul in two bodies........I wish everyone have a best friend like kriti......."A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the smile on your face" Kriti Sanon is the true as well as best friend of Sushant..........
REPLY 5 10 months ago
Anonymous : This is what people expect a normal person to say. Wish I hadn’t left, wish I had talked to you, wished I could have stopped you, Instead of sorry you are dead.
REPLY 17 10 months ago
Anonymous : I wish, if Kriti was there with Sushant during his last day. This unfortunate episode wouldn't have happened.
REPLY 17 10 months ago
Anonymous : I also wished the same
REPLY 5 10 months ago
Anonymous : seriously if someone had just been there, gone to meet him or taken his call, things would be so different.
REPLY 23 10 months ago
REPLY 2 10 months ago
Anonymous : Kriti's tribute was way more genuine and honest than that fake girlfriend of his, don't even want to take her name.
REPLY 22 10 months ago
Anonymous : This is the result of uneducated gf like Rhea. She uses and throws men like crap. She should become a nun now.
REPLY 21 10 months ago
Anonymous : Absolutely but she should realise that he was brutally murdered not what she thinks
REPLY 7 10 months ago