Went like a beggar to everyone after Kabir Singh's release: Shahid Kapoor on how he agreed to do Jersey

Updated on Nov 24, 2021 01:37 PM IST  |  256.5K

News,Shahid Kapoor,Kabir Singh,Jersey

Shahid Kapoor starrer Kabir Singh was very popular among the masses. The film did very good business at the box office and it increased of the actor too. He was seen in a different avatar and fans loved it. They loved the aggressive Shahid Kapoor in the romantic drama. Well, after the film was released the actor said that he went like a beggar to everybody. He shared this during the trailer launch of the Jersey which is releasing on December 31, 2021.

Shahid says, “After Kabir Singh released, I went like a beggar to everybody. I have been working for 18 years and finally a film of mine did such big business. I was very uncomfortable thinking about what should I do next after Kabir Singh. Some asked me to play college boy, some asked me to play an aggressive character again. I heard this story and it stayed with me. I saw this film 2 weeks before Kabir Singh was released and I cried buckets. I saw it with Mira and my manager and they were both looking at me.”

The actor further said, “Then Kabir Singh happened and the story stayed close to my heart. Gautam is a very fine filmmaker and the way he has touched my emotional core, I am proud to have played this character under his direction.”

In the film, Shahid will be seen with his father Pankaj Kapur. Mrunal is playing his wife’s role. It is an official remake of a Telugu film with the same name.

Also Read: Shahid Kapoor on working with father Pankaj Kapur in Jersey: Not intimidated by him but I wanted to do my best

Comments
User Avatar
User Avatar
Anonymous : A pointless article about this non actor. Another nepo special.
REPLY 0 1 week ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : He is not saying he didn't have work all these years, his problem is that he did not enjoy as mass of a popularity and success like his peers. He is one of those people who are always bitter because according to him as per his talent, he should have been an A-lister, like star-kids who get all the attention, popularity, "hype" and of course as a result better opportunities. It has been over a decade, I thot at some point he will shift his mindset but he keeps carry the burden of victimhood. With that mindset he just stands in his own way. He rejected rang de basanti because he wanted to play the solo-lead. In the end it is all about choices that we make given with what we have. Hope he lighten ups and enjoy the ride for once.
REPLY 0 1 week ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : reteertttt
REPLY 0 1 week ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Trying so hard to make it sound like he struggled to get work. What a slap in the face of those who acutally sturggle to get work due to the rampant nepotism in bollywood.
REPLY 3 1 week ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Talk about being so privaleged that he is so out of touch with reality of the world. His parents are actors, he has had steady work for years, his entire family are actors and he claims or more like trying to sound like it was so hard for him to get this movie.
REPLY 2 1 week ago