Shocking: When Mahesh Bhatt kissed daughter Pooja Bhatt on the lips for magazine shoot & all hell broke loose

Updated on Mar 08, 2020 06:03 PM IST  |  36.2M

The Bhatt's have been a filmy family for the past many decades. From Mahesh Bhatt to wife Soni Razdaan to now Alia Bhatt, the family has been the centre of attention on more than one occasion. However, the most controversial one so far has been filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt and daughter Pooja Bhatt's kiss. Yes, the father and daughter duo had kissed on the lips for a magazine shoot back in the '80s. While India today is still opening up to the idea of LGBT, Mahesh and Pooja's picture cause a controversy like no other.

For the unversed, Pooja is Mahesh Bhatt's daughter from his first wife Kiran Bhatt. He also had a son named Rahul Bhatt. Pooja, who has acted in many films, is also no less controversial. Her film choices back in the day used to raise many eyebrows. However, it was this picture with her dad that grabbed the most attention.

To add fuel to the fire, Mahesh Bhatt also said in an interview to the same magazine, "If Pooja wasn’t my daughter, I’d love to marry her." All hell broke loose with this statement and fans were rather disgruntled with the filmmaker. Pooja, who will be seen opposite Alia in Sadak 2, made her debut in Hindi films with her father Mahesh Bhatt’s film Daddy in 1989 at only 17. At the time of the magazine, Pooja was in her early twenties.

What are your thoughts on Mahesh and dauhghter Pooja Bhatt's magazine kiss? Let us know in the comments below.

Comments
Anonymous : We are all human beings and there is nothing wrong or disgusting in acts like kissing.. Your mind is conditioned by the society. In ancient days in another societies like Egyptian the father would marry their own daughters.. Even in ancient India it's been said. So if u have ur own intuition there is nothing wrong with kissing
REPLY 1 9 months ago
REPLY 1 9 months ago
Anonymous : Mahesh bhatt is a shameless man.
REPLY 12 11 months ago
Anonymous : Mahesh bhatt is a shameless man.
REPLY 5 11 months ago
Anonymous : They r both disgusting people,they r kissing like lovers not like a father and daughter. Have some shame
REPLY 4 11 months ago
Anonymous : Creepy, Just like Donald and Ivanka. Pedos and incest is present in Indian society like the plague.
REPLY 3 1 year ago
Anonymous : this is rediculous. Can't believe he is still exists in the bollywood. Shamefull act
REPLY 6 1 year ago
Anonymous : This is known as smootch which happens between lovers or
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : It's an acte . No anything wrong.
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : It's an acte . No anything wrong.
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Shameless creatures !
REPLY 7 1 year ago
Anonymous : Creepy , Just like Donald and Ivanka . Ewwww just Ewwww
REPLY 7 1 year ago
Anonymous : It's incestuous behavior shouldn't be condoned but he be punished and made to do community service for2yrs.and give up any remuneration during that time. Hit him the pocketbook.Thanks
REPLY 12 1 year ago
Anonymous : omg what's with these comments anyway
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : disgusting
REPLY 8 1 year ago
Anonymous : ahhh thats a perfect piece of liberlaism !
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : The Bhatts are disfunctional till date. Thats why Alia wants to be a part of the tight knit Kapoor Khandan to get a normal family .
REPLY 9 1 year ago
Anonymous : Disgusting then disgusting now
REPLY 8 1 year ago
Anonymous : so what a father is kissing his kid..whats the big deal about it?
REPLY 2 1 year ago
Anonymous : I agree with you! I am 56 y old (girl/woman) I kiss my father (he is now 94) on his lips since I can remember. I trusted him then - I trust him now. I never felt awkward. I said many times as a child - I want to marry my dad. My mom always replied - we will look for someone just like him. I am married 26y to the most amazing man - that is a lot like my dad.
REPLY 3 1 year ago
Anonymous : Ok but why did he tell that he would love to marry her if she was not his daughter. Ofc kissing your child isnt bad, but she was in her 20s and he!! For the sake of a magazine he kissed her. Disgusting!
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : dude but look at his statement just after this photoshoot
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : its about how you kiss , their kiss doesn't look genuine. at least not from Mahesh's side. he looks like he wanted to do so for a long time and look at her, literally engulfing her father' mouth. you call this a dot-dad kiss. PLEASE!!! go check on how daughters kiss their fathers on the LIPS.
REPLY 6 1 year ago
Anonymous : That kiss was full on tongue... kids can kiss their parents on the lips but it’s usually a peck type, not full on locked lips
REPLY 6 1 year ago