Despite being for 20 years in films, Kareena Kapoor Khan has never made headlines for international work as opposed to her contemporaries Priyanka Chopra Jonas or Deepika Padukone. Read on to know why.
When Kareena Kapoor Khan told Priyanka Chopra why she can NEVER survive in Hollywood; WatchWhen Kareena Kapoor Khan told Priyanka Chopra why she can NEVER survive in Hollywood; Watch

Kareena Kapoor Khan began her Bollywood journey almost 20 years ago and the actress since then has given her fans and the audience many memorable roles to cherish. Not just in leading roles, but Kareena has also made an impact in supporting roles. The most recent example was her stint in Irrfan and Radhika Madan starrer Angrezi Medium. The actress featured in a never before seen avatar as a London-based cop and left an impression. Her characters Poo in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham and Geet in Jab We Met have gone on to become iconic over the years and are loved by millions to this day.

Despite being for 20 years in the film industry, Kareena has never made headlines for any kind of international work. While her contemporaries like Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra Jonas have gained extensive recognition for their work in Hollywood, Kareena has not pursued Hollywood projects and neither walked the red carpet of any major international film festivals. The actress, however, continues to work and pick experimental scripts based on her extincts.

While one would wonder why an actress like Kareena has refrained from stepping foot into Hollywood, her good friend Karan Johar had once asked her about the same. On an episode of Koffee With Karan, Kareena had made an appearance with Priyanka Chopra Jonas who has now rooted herself in Hollywood. KJo asked Kareena if she ever considered doing Hollywood, to this Kareena said, "I can't go. Am too deeply rooted somewhere here. My family, my love everything is here and now of course my child. I think to just pick up and go.. I think what she (Priyanka) has done is amazing. It's a new fearless version of Priyanka that I see. I really credit her for that. I don' think I have that.. am happy with what what I've done here but I don't think I have that kind of ambition."

ALSO READ | When Taimur Ali Khan enjoyed pool time with friends in London while Kareena Kapoor Khan closely watched him

Karan then went on to ask Kareena if she feels she is less ambitious than Priyanka. To this, Kareena quickly said, "Well, not necessarily. My achievements will say and speak for itself." At this point, Priyanka chimed in and said, "Also, I don't understand why is going to Hollywood the greatest benchmark of everything?"  To this, Karan said, "I've been asked many times whether I would consider going there, but am happy with what I have here. You (Priyanka) have done it quite well. You have balanced it."

At this point Priyanka sighed and said,"With no sleep and no food." Kareena smiled at PeeCee and quipped, "Exactly, I need sleep and I need food. And I need my family. But what you have done is spectacular. I think am ambitious but am also very very fiercely private about my family. I have always wanted to have a family, a child and prioritise that."

ALSO READ | When Kareena Kapoor walked the ramp with BF Saif Ali Khan for the FIRST time for Manish & stole the show

The way Kareena’s snapped at Karan question

A post shared by Kareena Kapoor Khan FC (@kareenakapoorteam) on

Well, this wasn't the first time that Kareena appreciated Priyanka for her Hollywood stint. In season 5 of KWK, too, Kareena had gone on record and said 'The Sky Is Pink' actress makes India proud and not everyone can succeed at what she is doing. "I feel like what Priyanka has done I don't know if everyone has that kind of courage and dedication to do it. I don't. She makes you feel like she does India proud somewhere. As a proud Indian. She conducts herself really well."

ALSO READ | When Deepika Padukone said Priyanka Chopra's love life was a 'rollercoaster' & was thrilled she met Nick Jonas

Kareena and Priyanka have not always seen eye to eye given their history. Both the actresses once dated actor Shahid Kapoor and have also made headlines for taking jibes at each other on Karan Johar's show. However, today, the actresses are happily married and have buried their differences in the past.

On the work front, Kareena was last seen in Good Newwz opposite Akshay Kumar, Diljit Dosanjh and Kiara Advani and went on to become a box office hit. Kareena's next role, too, has generated intrigue as the actress will be reuniting with Aamir Khan as his love interest in Laal Singh Chaddha. The film is official Hindi adaptation of Tom Hanks starrer Forrest Gump.

ALSO READ | Priyanka Chopra: From Miss World at 18 to B town journey, being a global icon; Check out her TRANSFORMATION

Do you think Kareena Kapoor Khan should consider giving Hollywood a shot? Let us know in the comments below.

This Day That Year
2019
2018
2017
2016
2015
Anonymous 1 week ago

I think she has a life which she enjoys and her family and friends are in India. She has enough to focus on in India. Hollywood is for the newcomers who never wore a sari in their life.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Does her pathetic PR have nothing more to do than insult another actress every day? Oh yeah, I forgot, priyanka doesn't have a single job anymore so her PR is also jobless :p

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Kareena has the acting chops and natural looks for Hwood but she knows what goes on there. She was being kind and politically correct by saying she doesn’t have the ambition to go there but she meant something else. She’s not gonna compromise herself or family for 5 mins there even though it means she can bilk it for lifelong PR in Bwood

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

It's not that...She knows she won't be treated like royalty there the way she is here.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Uggh, Kjo and gang are despicable. Say what you want about PC but she has reached new heights as an INDIAN star that I would say only the late Irrfan Khan had. You have to live in the US to understand how famous she is. And no, it's not all built on skill. Quantico sucked. Being married to Nick alone will make people remember her forever in America. Yeah, as far as INDIAN AMERICAN, there are people much more famous than her. But Kareena is and will always be petty.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I live in the US and no PC is not famous

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Kareena should not be a hater. Don’t forget your roots back handed comment. I’m happy that both women have matured.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

KKK product of nepotism n she know it in Hollywood ur last name doesn't matter so just pretending as she don't want to be in Hollywood but deep down she is jealous of pc

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Everyday PeeCee and her SRK try to find an other victim to stay in the news. How desperate she must be. Pathetic PeeCee and SRK PR.

kareena is Poo in real life too. OMG

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

kareena dear first learn some acting from PC. Hollywood doesn't care for your last name not it cares for your eye or skin color.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Kareena Kapoor is a star not bcz she's KAPOOR but bcz she's KAREENA. And yeah.. PeeCee is self made. Coz shahrukh can't buy her Hollywood film.. Ok? No hate to anyone now.? Pinky promise...?

Ohh Kangana PR. I mean Rangu Chudail.. Tu yaha bhi

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

They are talking as tho she is a top actress in Hollywoof. She’s just known for marrying A flop boyband member.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Can Kareena please just stop talking about herself and cease being a narcissist for just a second? Priyanka is such a monumental superstar. So some humility and respect please.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Hmm like PC made it big in Hollywood- Quantico got cancelled after two seasons which was a big flop, she had sidey roles in all the Hollywood movies she did. The 'Sky is pink' was one of the biggest flops of 2019. She is doing well neither here nor there. Kareena is thriving here because she focuses on what's she is good at, smart woman without jumping ships.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I live in the US my dahling, I live close to NY as well and no ABC is not the biggest network in the US, CBS is. Whether your show gets axed in the first season or third its irrelevant, the matter of fact is, its axed and that's a big loss to the production company. Pc has no stardom here except I see her picture standing with some women at some random doctor's office for Obagi. I have actually seen Ash' s pic for L'oreal on billboards even Freida's all across the US. Most people don't even like the Jonas brothers. Heck even Meghan Markle has more stardom than pc. No crime in being proud, just dont lie, many people who are not her fans live in the US as well and will see through your lies and call you out on it.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Quantico had 3 season run. Its a big deal to be the face of the prime time show on the biggest network in America and carry the show for 3 seasons. There are huge celebrities who get axed in first season itself. I'm an Indian living in NY. I know what kind of stardom PC has. And I'm very proud of it.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Kareena is truly bindaas I like that about her. The last pic she is ignoring PC while PC looks so hot and bothered.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Arre year Hollywood needed Michael Jackson replaced when he passed away who better than KB

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

PC thought she will be A-list Hollywood she is not even D-list, soon we will see her on dancing with the stars wearing something ridiculous and dancing thinking she has truly made it.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I second every word of yours. Kareena kapoor is well settled. PC has every reason to envy KK.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Kareena means not ambition but thick skinnedness like PC, PC is truly shameless

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Yeah well in other words 'Kareena doesn't want to make a fool of herself like KB' Both Deepika Nad Ash reed their hand in Hollywood but were smart enough to realize they wouldn't be accepted like the mainstream Hollywood actresses. They gave up and returned to their home turf. But not KB she doesn't mind making fool of herself no matter anywhere, much like her outfit on the show-now she is like dobhi ka kutha, na ghar ka nah ghat Kha. KB doesn't realize how cringey and embarrassing some of the stuff she does is, I guess in her case ignorance is bliss. And LOL KB's face when Karan says Kareena is natural.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Kareena knew what would be happen to Priyanka. And she was right! Look at PC today. Jobless ex Bollywood starlet with small cameos in her husband vids. Who wants such a pathetic career? Well done Kareena, still a big Bollywood star.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

when we talk about a true global Indian star who's recognized by and respected for solely his work and talent and not his self advertising only one name comes to mind - irfan khan.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Don't say anything nasty about anyone. #PeaceAndPositivity

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

So so true ,finally somebody had the guts to say this....Actually if you see the top league stars mostly have always been non nepo kids....Dilip kumar , Rajesh khanna , Amitabh bachchan, Srk, Akshay kumar....Hema Malini , sridevi, madhuri, Aishwarya, Priyanka, manisha, meenakshi, Deepika....well isn’t that most ironic...

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Not true! Nobody wanted to work with Aishwarya until she met Salman. Amitabh's family had some connections in Bollywood.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Poor Kareena are yaar yeh log Hollywood kahan jayenge ?.. they are only products of nepotism...haha.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

So if Priyanka had Srk what about Ash & Deepika ???? To even get a movie offer or to be invited on a us talk show is not everyone’s cup of tea...

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Aishwarya was two timing with Salman and SRK. When Sallu came to know about it he showed up on Chalte Chalte set and had showdown with SRK. So SRK broke off with miss purest of the pure and threw her out of all his movies. In return she broke off with sallu and pretended to be in love with Vivek. Poor guy is still paying for it. Ash went to Hollywood only to be butt of joke for her acting abilities

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Aishwarya and Deepika had no need to sleep with a married man or to destroy a former happy family to reach their goal. Decent and true superstars!

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Oh kareena you can do your desk movies & be happy ...you are just not meant for international standards...ouch

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

The Headline is misleading. Making it sound like Kareena insulted Priyanka whereas she was talking about herself.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

True that's what i thought as well

So much hate. Uff!

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Nepo gang cannot reach to Hollywood.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

what she cannot do or get is tagged as something out of fashion by her

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

dumbo she didnt say its out of fashion.she said she would not bother to commit. she has life & friends here.Unlike PC who tried all married men and befriended everyone. she got lucky with jonas else she would still be with some married men.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Its ironic that all the actresses who hv done Hollywood mivies & talk shows are all non nepo kids ... All strong self made women . Ash , priyanka & Deepika.wow not even the male actors ... more power to you guys.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

FYI, Saeed Jaffrey was the first Bollywood actor who worked in Hollywood movies (with Sean Connery). Then Kabir Bedi in Sandocan, Amrish Puri in Indiana Jones and the Temple of doom,Anupam Kher in Bend it like Beckam, Nassrudin Shah in Extraordinary Men, Amitabh bacchan in Great Gatsby, Anil Kapoor in Slumdog Millionaire, Irfan Khan in Life of Pi, Jurassic Park. Please get your facts clear. Thank you

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Lol, PC a selfmade woman? She was made by SRK all the years and still comforts him until today. Without him she would be nothing. And in Hollywood she madly failed. Nothing left from this ex actress.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Lol I almost fell of my chair good one.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

We’ll Hollywood is not for nepo kids coz there’s ni karan johar to promote & secondly also not for dumba** people. Pls post pv.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

when karan said "Kareena is natural" and When Kareena said " I need my FAMILY" LOL PC 's face lol lol lol

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options