Start Up: Kim Seon Ho REVEALS he teared up due to fans' positive comments on his performance as Han Ji Pyeong

In a recent interview, Kim Seon-ho shared his honest thoughts on how his popularity shot up after starring as the loveable Han Ji-pyeong in Start-Up.

Start-Up fans will agree that amongst the highlights of the tvN drama was Kim Seon-ho's endearing performance as the loveable second lead syndrome character, Han Ji-pyeong. From gaining social media love to already being in talks to star in another drama, Seon-ho is finally receiving the recognition he so deserves. But, what does the 34-year-old actor have to say about his popularity shooting up with Start-Up?

"I don’t act in any project with the expectation that I’ll become popular. I’ve never even imagined something like this," Seon-ho humbly confessed in an interview with Sports Chosun via Soompi and added, "Until recently, I found it hard to believe that so many people could be showing me interest and support. I wanted to do well in Start-Up because I really liked the character Han Ji-pyeong." Moreover, Seon-ho was extremely appreciative of his fans' positive reaction to his Start-Up performance.

The 2 Days 1 Night also star recalled how around the final episode of Start-Up, fans would leave so many comments on his Instagram page saying things like "Seon-ho, you’re doing well right now." As he read these comments after Start-Up ended, it moved Seon-ho to tears. Seon-ho confessed that he had a lot of thoughts while working on Start-Up but he gained strength from the knowledge that a lot of people were cheering him on.

We adore this 'good boy' and how!

ALSO READ: Start Up: Kim Seon Ho REVEALS he wants to try being sexy over puppy dog charm; Feels sorry for Han Ji Pyeong

What did you think of Kim Seon-ho's memorable performance as Han Ji-pyeong in Start-Up? Share your thoughts with Pinkvilla in the comments section below.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Prefers JI-Pjeong anytime. He is already the winner. First he acted better, second his role was better developed. The only thing I feel is that they should at least develop Suzy Bae's character to consider him as a possible mate. Like go out on some dates to find out her feelings. No chance it's only business encounters between them. Afterall, she was in love with him first and at one time confused. Precisely, not easy to get over a first love. Do San paled next to Ji Pyeong. His idiosyncrasies etc.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Cheered for Han Ji Pyeong the series. Very touching scenes between "Good Boy" and Grandma. Great job, Kim Seon Ho!!!

Anonymous 4 months ago

I always think he was the main star, can’t understand why they turned him the second star. From the start it should have been his story and Dal Mi. Hate the way they change it.

I agree with you

Anonymous 4 months ago

Thanks you writers for casting him and showing his potential. Forever a fan now

Anonymous 4 months ago

This is the first time i love the second lead character more. I think this character is so typical in drakor but somehow kim seon ho can pulled it off. Making jipyeong such a loveable and relatable person despite of his harshness of speech. I am wow about how he can make him funny and natural too. He has a high level acting skill. Every emotional scenes, he can potrays jipyeong accurately and that is why he is amazing. For this drama, he deserves an award for best actor. Good luck kim seon ho. I hope you land on more exciting projects.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I’m a huge fan of Kim Seon Ho. Very sad that Seon Ho wasn’t picked to be Bae Suzy’s boyfriend. They’re more of a couple.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I love Kim Seon ho in Start Up, very handsome!!!!! Hoping for a Season 2.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Yah, Kim Seon ho delivered his role in Start Up 110%, his very handsome, hope to there is a Season 2,

Anonymous 4 months ago

The best scenes of the show was him and grandma. So beautiful and always made me cry. Huge fangirl of Kim Seon-Ho now.

His a great actor in Start Up I enjoyed it on Netflix

Anonymous 4 months ago

I loved his character from beginning to end. You can bet I cried a lot. He is out of this world.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Loved the chemistry between him and grandma. They both rocked this drama.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I just saw 100 days my prince but was shocked to see that he was given side role..He is soo talented and good looking. He deserves lots and lots of lead roles

Anonymous 4 months ago

He should have been the lead actor. I cried quite alot at the beginning of the series, because of his situation. Well done to you.

Anonymous 4 months ago

He is good at whatever he does. He was popular even when he was doing theatres and now in television also,his popularity is increasing even though he started late. He is too humble and sometimes he seem to be under confident but I am sure his hard work and talent will pay off and his confidence will soar high eventually.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I admire his humility. When i watch him in 2d1n you can tell he is a good person, very laid back, humble, and has a good heart. I look forward to your next drama.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I think he is genuinely humble and there us no trace of snobbery attached to him. He is polite and lovable in real life and that's why he will gain the stardom he deserves