TWICE leader Jihyo and Kang Daniel CONFIRMED to have broken up after dating for more than a year

Updated on Nov 10, 2020 06:43 PM IST  |  7.9M

2020 has truly been a year of great change for everyone, especially celebrities. From getting married to having babies and even breaking up or getting divorced, the quarantine months have surely affected one and all. Joining the list of couples who decided to call it quits this year is young lovebirds TWICE leader Jihyo and Kang Daniel, who went public with their relationship in August 2019.

As per a report by Dispatch, the pair broke up because they were unable to meet often owing to their busy work schedules. According to Dispatch's sources, Jihyo and Daniel ultimately decided to make work their priority and central focus which included album preparations. Via Soompi, a JYP Entertainment source later confirmed the news of the breakup and simply stated, "It is true that they broke up recently." As for confirmation by Daniel's agency, they shared that they will first check with their artist before making a statement.

Are you sad to know the news about Jihyo and Kang Daniel's breakup? Share your thoughts with Pinkvilla in the comments section below.

ALSO READ: Kang Daniel REVEALS the first thing he wants to do when COVID 19 ends; Is a fan of American Horror Story

Meanwhile, back in August 2019, when the news broke out about the pair dating, Kang had taken to his website to share a message with his fans.

"I want to take care of the hearts of those fans and it’s both my role to try to do that and what I want to do. In order to carry out that role, I will become singer Kang Daniel who always shows you a good image, which I’ve always considered to be the most important thing. I’ve received so much from fans and I feel grateful. I’ll try to return more than that in the future. Tomorrow, I’ll become Kang Daniel who is better than today. I really, really thank you for being together with me," the 23-year-old singer had penned back then.

Comments
Anonymous : HELP I THOUGHT KANG DANIEL WAS YEONJUN FOR A SECOND CUZ YK HIS ENGLISH NAME IS CHOI DANIEL
REPLY 0 3 days ago
Anonymous : Tbh i don't think that's the real reason (companies ALWAYS says the reason is "conflicted schedules" when it comes to breakups). But hey, it's NONE of our business. I love Jihyo sm, and well she looked happy this comeback so I'm not going to overthink it, I just really hope she's ok. :'( Daniel too ofc he's a good guy.
REPLY 4 10 months ago
Anonymous : The goddess is single?? omg wait for me Jihyoo I'm flying to you rn! (lmao imagine having a chance)
REPLY 1 10 months ago
Anonymous : it's sad that they have to make this decision just for their fans and courrier but in anyways let's just support them in any decisions they make I still love both of them and please don't spread hate for Jihyo she's pretty and more over she's a human too
REPLY 4 10 months ago
Anonymous : Her features are so Indian
REPLY 4 10 months ago
Anonymous : Im happy lol Jihyo looked far too old for him anyways.
REPLY 1 10 months ago
Anonymous : They're around the same age you know
REPLY 2 10 months ago
Anonymous : She not stop saying that to her and if you truly are Daniel fans then you won’t say that because they still love each other but had to break up just because of busy schedules and yes jihyo hurt so bad if you had watch Momo Vlive then in the live you would see that jihyo call to Momo and told her there something she want to talk about and then she just act happy and speak to ONCE a bit on phone call and yes everyone know she feel broken but she still act strong for ONCE and she the leader of Twice she had to carry everything in twice when twice have a problems.... but now she feeling not good but still have to carry everything. Think how hard she had to go through. Please respect her!! She not old like what u says !!
REPLY 6 10 months ago
Anonymous : Me too. For some reasons, I'm happy. I don't know why......
REPLY 0 10 months ago
Anonymous : Jihyo is younger than Daniel and true fans should feel sad because they still love each other even if they have to break up.
REPLY 11 10 months ago
Anonymous : I bet you're too old looking wrinkly body skin looking for Kang Daniel
REPLY 7 10 months ago