It is a known fact that the colour, style, cut and texture of your hair can completely change your facial perception. Even something as small as a change in your parting can change the way you look, so imagine how much of a difference healthy, nourished shiny hair make. Obviously, we got digging and here are some of the best tried and tested natural ways to nourish your hair.
Commandment 1: Use this DIY Hair mask at least once a week
Who knew that all the goodies you consumed for breakfast are actually great for your hair.
Make a mixture of :
1. Extra virgin olive oil: used as a natural conditioner, it locks moisture in your hair
2. Honey- Adds shine and brings back the sheen in your hair
3. Coconut milk- Coconut milk is a natural hair repairing remedy
4. Lemon (Use only if you have an oily scalp) Lemon is high in Vitamin C and has the ability to absorb all the oil and grease in your scalp.
5. Apple cider vinegar- ACV is known to have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in the itchy and flaky scalp.
6. Eggs- Eggs are rich in Vitamins A, D, and E, proteins and fatty acids, which help retain the lustre and shine in your hair
7. Brown sugar: Add only if you want to exfoliate your scalp
Make a mixture of the above-mentioned ingredients and apply it all over your hair and scalp to get the most nourished hair you have ever had.
Commandment 2: Use sulphate and silicone free shampoo and conditioner
There are several shampoos available in the market that are sulphate and silicone free, invest in those. Skip using shampoo with silicone and sulphate as those ingredients strip the moisture off your hair.
Commandment 3: Stop towel drying your hair
Towel drying your hair can cause friction and breakage in your hair. Instead, use a cotton t-shirt or any pure cotton cloth to dry your hair. It will leave your hair feeling nourished and silky.
Commandment 4: Use a silk or satin pillowcase
Another reason for hair fall may be your pillowcase. Synthetic or cotton fabrics can cause breakage to your hair. Shift to a silk or satin pillowcase that is easier and softer on your hair.
Commandment 5: Massage in Butter
Another breakfast product that is good for your hair is table butter. Treat dry, brittle hair with a small amount of butter for a glossy shine. Massage it into your dry hair, then cover your hair with a shower cap for about a half hour. Shampoo as usual, and rinse all the butter out.
Commandment 6: Black tea hair wash
Prepare a cup of black tea by placing tea bag in a cup of hot water. After shampooing and conditing your hair rine off by pouring some room temperature black tea as it is a natural conditioner for dry hair. Spread it evenly all over your head.
Commandment 7: Avoid washing hair with hot water
Washing your hair with extremely hot water also strips it of all its natural oils and nourishment, which leads to dryness of the scalp, which can lead to scaling and flaking of the scalp, hence dandruff. To make your dry hair soft again, avoid washing your hair with hot water.