EXCLUSIVE: Namrata Soni on latest makeup trends, dos and don'ts for bridal makeup and more
Namrata Soni shares some beauty tips, top common makeup mistakes and more!
Vogue Wedding Show 2017 recently took place in the capital city, the event is a three-day lavish wedding exhibition that showcases the finest, latest and most exclusive services in the bridal world at Taj Palace. It showcased India’s most exclusive bridal extravaganza. We caught up with every bride's dream makeup artist and Bollywood's most trusted beauty guru Namrata Soni.
Namrata Soni has also worked on various feature films including Om Shanti Om, Kabhi Alvida Aa Kehna, Musafir, Main Hoon Na, Janemaan, Emi, Salaam Namaste, Aisha, I Hate Love Stories and much more.
She is the most sought after makeup artist by celebrities such as Shahrukh Khan, Sonam Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Sonakshi Sinha, Malaika Arora Khan, Preity Zinta, Tabu, Salman Khan, Arjun Rampal, Asin, Shruti Hassan and more….
As Namrata was conducting her master class for brides to be at the Vogue wedding show, we caught up with her and here is what she had to say:
PV: What are the top trends in the beauty world?
1. Glitter lips and anything glitter
2. Gold is very popular this season
3. Dark Burgandy lips
4. And a no-makeup-makeup-look
PV: Biggest makeup mistakes brides usually do?
NS: Wearing too much! Because you need to look like yourself, you need be confident. If you see your pictures 20 years from now you will be like- OMG why did I wore so much makeup!
PV: What are some makeup essentials for a newbie bride?
1. I think she should always wear a beautiful foundation. If you have good skin she should wear a BB cream it works wonders and that all you need because it gives you around 50% coverage to your skin.
2. Definitely, curl your lashes and apply 2 coats of mascara
3. A little bit of kajal pencil as a liner or kohl inside your eyes
4. A beautiful rose pink lip!
PV: One actress, you would like to doll up?
NS: Gwyneth Paltrow!
PV: 5 Makeup items you always carry in your bag?
1. BB Cream
2. Blush - a gel based blush
4. Lash curler
5. Tinted lip balm
PV: Most outrageous makeup item you ever bought?
NS: Louboutin lipstick!
PV: One item you cannot live without?
NS: Eye cream