Diabetes type 1 Vs type 2: EVERYTHING that you need to know about the chronic conditions

Type 1 vs Type 2 Diabetes: Our body uses glucose to produce energy. Type 1 and type 2 diabetes both occur when the body cannot properly store and use glucose, leading to serious complications.
Diabetes type 1 Vs type 2: EVERYTHING that you need to know about the chronic conditionsDiabetes type 1 Vs type 2: EVERYTHING that you need to know about the chronic conditions
  • 0
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp

As per International Diabetes Federation Atlas, India had 69 million diabetics in the year 2015. Type 1 diabetes usually appears first in children and adolescents. In this kind of diabetes, the immune system attacks the pancreatic beta cells so that they can no longer produce insulin. Type 1 diabetes has no known cure and is often hereditary. Around 5% of people with diabetes have type 1. The remaining 95% suffer from type 2 diabetes. 

This type is more likely to appear as people age. In this type, the pancreas produces insulin, but the body cannot use it effectively. Lifestyle factors play a key role in its development. Here is a better look at both types of diabetes and how you can prevent them. 

Type 1 diabetes causes, symptoms and prevention:

Type 1 Diabetes Causes:

Childhood infections or genetic inheritance may be the reason for type 1 diabetes wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the pancreatic beta cells, which produce insulin. The immune system destroys these cells, thus the body can no longer make enough insulin to regulate blood glucose levels.

A person with type 1 diabetes is prescribed supplemental insulin from the time of diagnosis for the rest of their life. Type 1 often affects children and young adults, and it usually starts suddenly. This type of diabetes tends to worsen quickly.

Type 1 Diabetes Symptoms:

1. There is an increased appearance of thirst, hunger, and urination. Patients also experience blurry vision, tiredness and fatigue.

2. Some patients may also feel numbness or tingling in hands and feet. Upon wounding, sores and wounds take a long time to heal.

3. Type 1 diabetic patients also experience a loss of appetite leading to a sudden weight loss.

Type 1 Diabetes Prevention:

1. Daily insulin injections must be taken as recommended by the doctor.

2. Follow an active, healthy lifestyle to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and other health issues.

3. Eat healthy to manage blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.

Type 2 diabetes causes, symptoms and prevention:

Type 2 Diabetes Causes:

In type 2 diabetes, the body's cells start to resist the effects of insulin. Even though the body produces enough insulin, it can no longer use glucose effectively. The glucose cannot enter the cells and instead builds up in the blood.

People with type 2 diabetic parents are at risk and so are overweight people, smokers, and those leading an unhealthy lifestyle.

Type 2 Diabetes Symptoms:

1. Just like type 1, type 2 diabetes leads to frequent thirst, hunger and urination. They will also experience fatigue, blurry vision, sudden weight loss and slow healing of wounds.

2. Dark patches of skin may develop on neck, armpits and chest.

3. Type 2 diabetics are susceptible to frequent infections.

Type 2 Diabetes Prevention:

1. Faithfully take the medications prescribed by the doctor.

2. Check frequently for wounds and medication. Seek medical attention if required.

3. Avoid smoking and drinking. Eat healthy and exercise regularly.

ALSO READ: Type 2 Diabetes: 5 Simple and effective measures to avoid this health disorder

ALSO READ: Diabetes Mellitus: THESE superfoods helps to regulate the blood sugar levels in the body

ALSO READ: Best Exercise for Diabetes: THESE workouts with medication and a healthy diet can help you to fight diabetes

"Stay in sync with the latest and hottest" & "SUBSCRIBE TO PINKVILLA"

Add new comment

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement