Diet Tips: THESE are the cheat meal mistakes you should avoid
Rewarding yourself with a cheat meal is essential but we all end up making tiny cheat meal mistakes that end up harming our fitness regime.
We all need a cheat meal after staying clean and eating healthy. It is essential to indulge yourself in cheat meal every once in a while. If you're on a strict diet a cheat meal can be a motivator. It can be a reward for your taste buds to maintaining your healthy eating habits and diet. It's tough to stay away from your favourite food for a long time and after working hard to maintain that, you should definitely be rewarded with you favorite food but if you want to remain healthy it's also crucial to ensure that your cheat meal does not impact your diet.
We often don't realise that we're making cheat meal mistakes that are taking a toll on our body and diets and damaging it instead of accelerating weight loss or fat loss. You should not avoid cheat meals because they're also important for us but a cheat meal mistake can completely sabotage our fitness or weight loss goals.
Here are some cheat meal mistakes that we all need to avoid
1. Having a cheat day is good as long as you watch how much you eat. It's the one day when you get to eat whatever you want without feeling guilty about it but it's also vital that you watch your portion size and eat carefully. You should not be overeating because it's your guilt-free day.
2. It's essential to have a cheat meal not cheat day. Don't allow yourself to indulge in too much junk food. Have one cheat meal on your cheat day and nothing more.
3. It's not easy to give up the food you love. Sticking to a healthy diet and avoiding all kinds of unhealthy junk food that are your favorite can be tough and we often tend to give in to this urge. We take one bite to satisfy ourselves but end up gorging on all of it! Avoid cheating too much. Stick to one cheat meal a day and nothing more.
4. Not eating a cheat meal can be bad too. Your body needs a break from the healthy food and some motivation to do better but not rewarding yourself with a cheat meal is not good.
5. A cheat day is about your diet not about your workout. You end up indulging yourself and consume extra calories, but when you skip a workout you end up not burning any of those extra calories.