Want to know about Epsom salt? Check THESE beauty and health benefits of it
Epsom salt is an effective cure to many ailments and it also has a number of beauty benefits. Using Epsom salt may help to reduce your health problems and keep you and your skin healthy.
Epsom salt has numerous benefits and it is known to be a remedy for a number of problems. Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate. It looks very much like regular salt but it's actually not. It's more of bath salt. You may not want to consume this salt but that's mainly due to its taste. It does not have a good taste like the regular salt. But it is very rich in minerals and is very good for our health. You can consume it like medicine for all the benefits it provides. And the best part is that it is very cheap and affordable. Epsom salt can be used for cleaning the tiles and bathroom and it can work wonders for your garden but that's not all. It also has beauty and health benefits.
Here are some benefits of this magical Epsom salt.
1. Epsom salt is known to provide muscle relief. If you have strained a muscle or have aching muscles or any other sort of muscle injury or pain, a little soak in Epsom salt can be great. You can put some Epsom salt in warm water and soak your feet to relieve muscle pain or you can use an Epsom salt potli for heat compression.
2. It can treat inflammation and infections. Epsom salt contains magnesium and it helps increase the magnesium levels in your body and help fight off infections and inflammations. Soak the affected area in warm water with Epsom salt 3 to 4 times a week for the best results.
3. Epsom salt is known to work wonders for your skin. You can use it to exfoliate your skin. Epsom salt helps make your skin healthy due to the magnesium content and it helps remove impurities and dead skin cells and also helps get rid of blackheads. It also helps repair the rough and dry and damaged skin.
4. If you are suffering from frizzy hair or unhealthy hair, Epsom salt can come to your rescue. It can help strengthen your hair and cleanse the scalp. Mix some Epsom salt with hair conditioner (50:50 ratio) and apply it on your hair. Keep it for a few minutes and wash it off for wonderful hair. Do this every time you wash your hair.
5. If you are diabetic, Epsom salt may work wonders for you. Diabetic people often lose small amounts of magnesium in their urine and consuming some Epsom salt may help maintain the balance but do not consume it without consulting your doctor.