Hello Therapist: I’m 20 & dating my brother’s friend; I think he’s cheating on me, what should I do?

Dr Sonal Anand, psychiatrist is here to answer all your anonymous doubts. Find out more
Hello Therapist: I’m 20 & dating my brother’s friend; I think he’s cheating on me, what should I do?
  • 2
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp

Hello Therapist, 

I am 20 years old and dating my brother's friend. We didn't tell our brother yet. However, now I got to know that my bf is getting close to my friend. I have doubts that he is two-timing me. Should I tell my brother about it?

Hello Pinkvilla Reader, 

You do seem to be in a dilemma but let’s see if we can sort this out. I hope your brother is open-minded and would take the news of your dating in the proper spirit. There is an equally good chance that he might already know it from someone else or will find out soon. It would be fine to tell him about your relationship. Whatever initial reaction in the end I think he will definitely be on your side. 

The situation with your boyfriend doesn’t seem very clear. Why are you having trust issues? You should explore this angle on your own rather than just hearsay. Ask your friend about the truth. Try not to use an accusatory tone. These things have to handled in a delicate manner or else you might lose your friend due to misjudgment. If still in doubt then maybe you could confide in your brother and come to a conclusion.

Do you have a question to ask? Email us your queries at editorial@pinkvilla.com with ‘Hello Therapist’ in the subject. Shh… don’t worry, we’ll make sure to keep everything anonymous!

Disclaimer: Hello Therapist is an infotainment feature. The information contained in these topics is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for infotainment purposes only. By submitting your queries to Pinkvilla, you agree that we may use and edit it partially /full for clarity and ease of understanding of our readers. The advice given is not to be used as a substitute for consultation with a professional psychologist or other professional health or medical provider.

Also Read: Hello Therapist: I am married & feel guilty for getting attracted to a guy in my gym; What should I do?

Anonymous 2 months ago

Dump him

Anonymous 2 months ago