Hello Therapist: I’m 68 and constant dreams about my past life keep me up at night; I’m tired, what to do?

Dr Sonal Anand, Psychiatrist, Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road is here to help you solve your anonymous doubts. Check it out
Hello Therapist: I’m 68 and constant dreams about my past life keep me up at night; I’m tired, what to do?
  • 0
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp

Hello Therapist, 

I'm 68-year-old, I get a lot of dreams regarding my past like be it my native place, my work, my office things. There is not a single night where I don't get up coz of such dreams and at times nightmares. Please help

Hello Pinkvilla Reader,

Getting up from dreams is quite normal and natural. Mostly if it is a bad dream we remember the incident and it affects our emotion. Having nightmares can be scary for any age group and repeated nightmares need further evaluation. 

General health is utmost important for a good night’s sleep. Any endocrinal/hormonal, or existing co-morbidity can affect sleep patterns. You could consult a physician to make sure your general health is fine and specifically rule out OSA (Obstructive Sleep Apnoea).

Sleep requirement goes down as you age so sleep hygiene becomes important. If all else is fine try to limit time in bed to 5 to 6 hours only. Don’t use the bed at all in the daytime. Try some relaxing music or deep breathing before sleeping and make sure your sleeping environment is right.

Do you have a question to ask? Email us your queries at editorial@pinkvilla.com with ‘Hello Therapist’ in the subject. Shh… don’t worry, we’ll make sure to keep everything anonymous!

Disclaimer: Hello Therapist is an infotainment feature. The information contained in these topics is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for infotainment purposes only. By submitting your queries to Pinkvilla, you agree that we may use and edit it partially /full for clarity and ease of understanding of our readers. The advice given is not be used as a substitute for consultation with a professional psychologist or other professional health or medical provider.

Also Read: Hello Therapist: I am married & feel guilty for getting attracted to a guy in my gym; What should I do?