Want to get your partner's name tattooed? Here are 6 reasons why you should drop the idea
Regretting something that is so permanent is extremely painful. There is nothing wrong with waiting it out and rethinking your decision. Read on to find out why it may not be such a good idea to get your significant other’s name tattooed.
We all fell in love with Deepika Padukone’s tattoo of Ranbir’s initials on the nape of her neck until they broke up. Though Deepika doesn’t regret her decision, it doesn’t mean that you won’t either. Tattoos are a form of art and self-expression. They are relatively permanent. Tattoos shouldn’t be something you regret. It’s the one thing that will stay with you for the rest of your life, and you don’t what to be the parent telling your child why you got your ex’s name tattooed and how that was the worst decision of your life. Yes, tattoo removal is a very common procedure these days, but do you really want to spend more time, money and emotions in the long and harrowing process of removal?
Tattoo removal may sound simple and easy, but it’s far from it. It’s much easier to cover your tattoo up with another one. As embarrassing as that is, it’s the only other option available apart from laser removal or you could just live with it for the rest of your life. This stupid decision can cost you a lot more than just money and pain. Still, want to get a tattoo of your beau’s name? Read on to know why you should drop that idea.
• A permanent tattoo is not a sign of true love and commitment. You cannot prove your love for someone by getting a tattoo. It is not a declaration of love. It is important to honor your love and your partner but remember that there are other better and genuine ways to do it.
• Ask yourself why you want to do this. Is it to show the world? Or is it something you are doing to remind yourself of your commitment and loyalty that you owe your partner? Or are you doing this to save your relationship which is down in dumps? If the answer to any of those questions is yes, you need to stop right now.
• This tattoo may scare your partner. It may just be too much to handle for them.
• Moving on becomes very difficult if you have a permanent reminder of your ex on your body.
• Tattoo removal is expensive and painful. It’s going to cost you much more than just emotional pain.
• Tattoos are known to jinx relationships. It puts a hex on the relationship and most couples don’t last much longer after getting a name tattoo, and you don’t want to take a risk