Feeling bloated during your periods? Here’s how you can handle it
Along with periods comes the irritating bloated feeling. It is annoying but it's easy to get rid of if you are careful about your diet.
Are your periods just around the corner? If yes, then I’m sure you can feel that uncomfortable stuffiness in your stomach. Along with your periods and all the drama that comes with it, also comes another thing. Bloating during periods is another side effect of periods that we all hate. Periods make you feel bloated and constipated and it’s a task to handle these problems when you’re struggling with cramps and mood swings. But unlike all the other symptoms, bloating does not happen just during our periods. Bloating starts well before our periods and you feel the stuffiness and you know what’s coming next. It’s essential to get rid of the bloating if you want to feel better. But the bloating is pretty stubborn during the periods, it does not go away easily. Here’s a list of things you can do to de-bloat.
1. Increase potassium intake in your daily diet. Eat more protein and potassium-rich foods and fruits. Banana is rich in potassium. It helps keep your gut clean and reduces water retention and bloating.
2. Dandelion tea is also a great way to reduce bloating almost immediately. Dandelion helps flush out the extra water retention in your body. It also helps clear the gas and acidity. Order a pack of dandelion tea to manage your periods bloating.
3. Reduce your spices intake. Spices can irritate your stomach and cause indigestion. Spicy food can disrupt the process of digestion and cause bloating. You can include healthy spices like turmeric and ginger but avoid spices like chilly.
4. A cup of ginger or ginger lemon tea is good for your stomach and digestive system. It helps reduce the water retention and in turn, reduces the bloating. A warm cup of ginger tea can also reduce period cramps.
5. Avoid the warm cup of black coffee that you’re consuming. Caffeine could be causing the bloating.
6. Don’t forget to workout. A little bit of work out can help reduce the period's side-effects. It can reduce the gas and the bloating and also relieve the period cramps.