One of the biggest annual events in the tech world that the world eagerly anticipates and awaits is the launch of the new iPhone. On September 12, 2017, Apple Inc. launched its new series of iPhones - the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X aka iPhone 10, which is their 10th-anniversary special.
The looks of these new iPhones can be deceptive, as they seem a lot like the existing iPhone 7 line - the screens are even the same size - but the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X include a faster processor and wireless charging. Still no headphone jack, though!
While the iPhone 8 is a sure shot upgrade, Apple had another surprise in store: The iPhone X, which it's pronouncing "ten" rather than "ecks." As expected and as the photo leaks suggested, the iPhone X has an edge-to-edge screen with no home button.
Here is all you need to know about the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus:
1. The design is all new, there is glass on the front and the back of the new model. iPhone claims that this glass is the most durable ever in a smartphone.
2. The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are also microscopically sealed to be water and dust resistant.
3. The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus has a new retina HD display in each model.
4. Along with the display, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus have new stereo speakers as well. They are 25% louder than iPhone 7 and have a deeper base.
5. Apple has also launched a new chip. Inside iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, there is a brand new chip called A11 Bionic. Apple claims that this is the smartest chip to be on a smartphone!
6. As for the camera, the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus offer low light autofocus, improved pixel processor and hardware multi-band noise reduction.
7. There is a new 12 MP sensor with deeper pixels, new colour filter and optical image stabilisation.
8. The iPhone 8 Plus has two new dual sensors in their camera.
9. The iPhone 8 also features portrait lighting as also facial landmark detection. There is a new feature called portrait lighting. You can click a picture in portrait mode and the depth map will separate the subject from the backdrop. It creates facial landmarks and changes the contour of the lighting of your face. You can also select the lighting effect in the portrait mode.
10. The iPhone 8 also has the highest quality video capture that any smartphone has ever had or will ever have. It also enables faster frame rates and higher quality videos.
11. The iPhone 8 with its glass back enables wireless charging.
12. As for the price, the iPhone 8 starts at twice the capacity of iPhone 7, with 64 GB and 256 GB storage.
13. The iPhone 8 is priced from $699 and the iPhone 8 Plus will start from $799. You will be able to pre-order the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus on September 15.
Here is all you need to know about the iPhone X aka iPhone 10:
1. The first big change is that the iPhone 10 is all glass, which is the biggest leap forward from the standard iPhone design.
2. The display of the iPhone X fits edge-to-edge and top to bottom, and it is glass from both front and back.
3. The iPhone X comes in space grey and silver colours.
4. The iPhone 10 has a 5.8‑inch, all-new Super Retina Display. The iPhone X's Super Retina Display supports the High Dynamic Range or HDR 10 display, one million to one contrast ratio, colour accuracy and 3D Touch. It also supports Dolby Vision HDR.
6. Previously you could raise to wake up the iPhone, but you can wake the iPhone 10 up with a single touch.
7. To go to the home screen on the iPhone X, you can also swipe up to unlock.
8. Now, this is the coolest addition to iPhone X - The Face ID. You no longer need finger prints to unlock your phone; you can simply hold it or look at it and it will unlock itself for you!
9. To make Face ID possible, iPhone uses its front-facing camera with its true depth camera system. Every time you glance at the iPhone X, it will detect your face, even in the dark!
10. Using the new neural engine, the Face ID detects your face even if you change your hairstyle or are wearing a mask and it can't be fooled by photos or even high-tech face masks.
11. Animoji - The iPhone 10 has also introduced a new feature called Animoji. These are emojis that you control with your face. Hence, giving an animated emoji.
12. Over and above all this, the iPhone 10 has all the features that iPhone 8 and 8 Plus have.
13. The iPhone X comes in 64 GB and 256 GB and is priced from 999$ onwards.
Other than all of the above, Apple also launched the new Apple Watch 3. Here is all that you need to know about it:
1. The Apple Watch series 3 has cellular built in, which is HUGE. You can receive an important call with just your watch and your number is the same as on your iPhone!
2. Even third party apps like WeChat work over cellular. With Apple Watch series 3 and Apple ear pods, you can stream songs just from your wrist.
3. The Apple Watch 3 also features a dual core processor, delivering up to 70 times better performance.
4. For the first time on Apple Watch, Siri can talk!
5. For Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, there is a custom chip called W2 and it gives 85% faster WiFi.
Pre-order bookings for the Apple Watch begins September 15 and availability will be from September 22.
We are excited to get our hands on these new toys from Apple! What about you?