Online VS Offline Shopping: Which one do you prefer?
There is no denying that online shopping has made it easier for people to shop. However, both online and offline shopping has its pros and cons. Let us know which one you prefer in the comments section.
From a simple purchase to finding great deals, the internet is easy access to anything and everything out there. But with all the perks of online shopping, will offline stores be able to keep up? We can’t deny that the moment we open a shopping site, we see so many options that it becomes difficult to decide what to buy. We keep scrolling and then move from one category to another without realizing that we have spent hours on that particular platform.
Online shopping seems like the best option during the times of the pandemic. But people, in general, rely more on online shopping over in-store shopping to avoid the frustration of going from one store to the other. Plus, whatever they order will be delivered to their doorstep. But there are both pros and cons to both forms of shopping.
Offline Shopping VS. Online Shopping
Pros of Online Shopping
1. With online shopping, you have access to a wide range of products. From clothes and shoes to household necessities, everything is just a click away.
2. You can shop at any time of the day. The online shopping store is at your service 24/7.
3. You get exclusive deals on online products, which are not available at stores.
4. No cash? From PayPal and Google Pay to credit and debit card, there are plenty of other ways to pay online.
5. There are plenty of filters available to narrow down your search to what exactly you need. Convenient, isn't it?
6. You can also compare products to be hundred percent sure before you buy them.
Cons of Online Shopping
1. It is hard to check the quality and fabric of the product. You pretty much have to rely on the product details available on the website.
2. One of the most irritating parts of online shopping is waiting for delivery. You have no control over the delivery process, and there are several factors like weather, damaged product, and more that lead to a delay.
3. With cyber-crimes increasing, you can never really trust the internet. So, there is a risk of your credit card details being misused.
4. Since you can’t try the garment you are buying, there could be a size and fitting issue. Then there is the process of returning, but what if you get the wrong size again.
Pros of Offline Shopping
1. There is nothing like the joy of going into a store and trying on new clothes.
2. While shopping offline, you can check if the outfit or the product you are buying fits your taste or not. You can inspect the product closely before buying it.
3. You don’t have to wait days or weeks to get the item delivered to you. You select something and you carry it home with you.
4. Need to purchase a dress immediately? You can rely on physical stores for that. With online shopping, you can never do that.
5. Don’t you hate it when the online companies constantly spam you with emails and messages? With offline shopping, you don’t have to worry about that. You can relax and have some privacy.
6. Not satisfied with the purchase? Just visit the store and get it replaced. No need to wait for the delivery guy to pick it up and bring the item days later.
Cons of Offline Shopping
1. Going from one shop to another can be exhausting and time-consuming. Sometimes, you spend hours roaming around looking for a dress, but you don’t find anything.
2. Discounts and offers are given only for a short period. You probably won’t get as big a discount on an item as you can on an online website.
3. Sometimes malls and markets are so crowded that you can barely walk. Imagine being dragged along if you hate crowded places and sweaty people (a nightmare).
Which one do you prefer - online shopping or offline shopping?
Journalist. Perennially hungry for entertainment. Carefully listens to everything that start with "so, last night...". Currently making web more...