Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover's feud, Shaheer Sheikh-Erica Fernandes's relationship status: Top TV newsmakers of the 1st quarter of 2017

Here are the top TV newsmakers of the 1st quarter of 2017.
NULL
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp
Television is a place where we get away from our sad realities and enjoy other people's drama through soaps and serials. 

But it's not just the reel-life drama that interests us! It's also the drama that takes place in Television stars' lives that leave us curious and become instant newsmakers. 

As we reach the end of the first quarter of 2k17, let's look back at some tv stories and controversies that shook social media and was worthy of front page headlines: 

1. Kapil Sharma - Sunil Grover Feud / Kapil introduces the world to his girlfriend Ginni Chatrath

March 18, 2017 is the date that Kapil Sharma will never forget. On the positive note - Kapil introduced his girlfriend Ginni Chatrath on social media much to the delight of his fans. Subsequently, news broke out of a reported fight between Kapil and his The Kapil Sharma Show castmate Sunil Grover. The fight commenced when the entire team was on their way from Australia on the plane when an inebriated Kapil yelled and screamed abuses at Sunil. It went to such an extent that Kapil even slapped Sunil. Sunil then walked out of the show along with Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar. The news made headlines and was the trending topic that is still in vogue. 

2. Shaheer Sheikh and Erica Fernandes deny reports of ego clashes

Shaheer Sheikh aka Dev and Erica Fernandes aka Sona star in Kuch Rang Pyaar Ke Aise Bhi and are one of the most loved television couples. Besides dating rumours, reported ego clashes seemed to be the talk of the town when it came to Shaheer and Erica. 

However, in an exclusive interview with Pinkvilla, both denied the reports. Shaheer said, "People come up with such weird stories which are purely imaginative and I don't know how to react, to laugh or what. I feel so blessed to have Erica as my co-actor who is so helpful. I mean I have seen a lot of actors having ego issues in between them and their costars. But here, we absolutely do not have any issues. Not just me and Erica, everybody on sets is like a family. You can drop in on sets anytime and see, that we are very cool with each other. We play pranks, we have fun, we trouble each other. We are like a family. So when someone writes something purely imaginative, I don't know what to say, probably just can laugh."

Erica said, "I have never felt so comfortable with anyone before. There is no tantrum, no ego, it's very smooth and easy to work. There's a lot of understanding between us too. We can only laugh on such rumours."

3. Shilpa Shinde files FIR against producer Sanjay Kohli for alleged sexual harassment charges

On March 27, 2017, Shilpa Shinde who is known for her stint in Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai held a press conference to talk about a FIR filed by her against the BJKPH producer Sanjay Kohli for alleged sexual harassment charges. She said, "Sanjay ji told me that for the promotion of the show, we will have to go out and that we will have a nice time. Also, in the make-up room, he came close to me and photo lete huye and apna haath rakha mujhe. I could feel that touch was not right."

She also stated that her co-star Saumya Tandon did not take it seriously when Shilpa told her about his advances. Apparently, Saumya had said to her, " Humari industry mein koi rape nahi karta."

4. Jennifer Winget's sexiness quotient goes up a 100 / Beyhadh creates a positive uproar

2k17 could well be the year of Jennifer Winget. Jennifer's bold and sexy avatar is visible through her photoshoots that she shares on social media. Not only that but her extremely enticing chemistry with Kushal Tandon in Beyhadh is too-hot-to-handle! With the second season of Beyhadh underway, Jennifer's character Maaya's psychotic avatar is back much to the delight of his fans. 

5. Pratyusha Banerjee's first year death anniversary / Kamya Punjabi and Rahul Raj Singh fight over her last short film

It's hard to believe that it has already been a year since Pratyusha Banerjee unfortunate death. Kamya Punjabi, who was a close friend of the actor is all set to release the short film that starred Pratyusha and the promo, which came out a while back has created quite a stir. In the promo, Pratyusha is seen taking boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh's name. 

In turn, Rahul filed a complaint against Kamya. He said, "I have lost my girlfriend last year on 1st April 2016. On 27/3/2017 I was shocked to read that Kamya Punjabi has given an interview and declared that she is releasing one short film based on the life of my girlfriend Pratyusha Banerjee and she has portrayed my character in an abusive manner. Further, she has used my girlfriend Pratyusha's old video as a new one."

6. Bhavya Gandhi aka Tapu quits Taarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma

It came as a shock to many when Bhavya Gandhi who played Tapu in Taarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma had quit the show. Instead, Bhavya will now be working in a Gujarati movie, instead. Asit Modi who is the creator of the show said, "Sometimes people start thinking they're bigger than the show. He went ahead and did a Gujarati film without informing us."

A new Tapu is a part of the block and his name is Raj Anadkat

7. Karan Mehra and Nisha Rawal embrace parenthood

In January, Nisha Rawal announced that she was pregnant with her first baby. Speaking about it with Pinkvilla, Karan said, "I am really very happy. It was when I came out of the BB house she broke the news to me. It was a big surprise for me," Karan said and added, "We don't plan all these things. We had anyways decided to extend our family soon and now that's what is it all about!"

8. Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee turn parents of two girls

Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee are now proud parents of two daughters Pooja (aged 6) and Lata (aged 9)

Speaking about the good news, Gurmeet said, "After hearing about their (Pooja and Lata) plight from my mother, I discussed them with my wife. Debina agreed with me that it was time to give the kids a home, a deserving education and my last name. All the paperwork is done. We will be going to Jarampur for the final signatures after Holi. It is a two-day process. Everybody, including my parents, keeps asking me when I’m planning a baby. Well, it’s official now, I’m bringing home two daughters and we couldn’t be more excited."

9. Bigg Boss 10 / Manveer Gurjar declared winner

Bigg Boss 10 had its fair share of controversies like it always does when it comes to the controversial house. Ultimately it was the commoner Manveer Gurjar who overcame all the odds and was triumphant. 

Although BB10 has now come to a close, many of the contestants are very much a part of the headlines. Whether it be Bani J's viral video of apparently kissing Sapna Bhavnani to Manveer and Nitibha Kaul's extreme coziness - these celebrities sure know how to keep the spotlight on them.   

10. Bade Ache Lagte Hai's eternal jodi - Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar reunite for the web-series

When it was announced that Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar who mesmerised us with their cute chemistry in Bade Ache Lagte Hai, are going to reunite for a web-series - fans went crazy. Titled Karrle Tu Bhi Mohabbat, the promo of the series has got everyone talking and deservedly so.

Which newsmaker had you shocked and stunned? Let us know in the comments below.

"Stay in sync with the latest and hottest" & "SUBSCRIBE TO PINKVILLA"

Add new comment

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement