Sanjivani: Let's take a look at the original cast of the show and how they look like now

Sanjivani: A Medical Boon is one of the most unforgettable and iconic shows of all time. The performance of every character in the show is still etched in our mind. As we look forward to watch the sequel of Sanjivani, let's take a look at the original cast of the show and what they look like now.
Sanjivani: Let's take a look at the original cast of the show and how they look like nowSanjivani: Let's take a look at the original cast of the show and how they look like now
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp

Sanjivani: A Medical Boon is one of the most unforgettable and iconic shows of all time. The performance of every character in the show is still etched in our mind. To brush up your memory a bit, Sanjivani starred Mohnish Bahl, Gaurav Chanana, Rupali Ganguly, Mihir Mishra, Gurdeep Kohli, Sanjeet Bedi, Arjun Punjj and Shilpa Shinde. The Sanjivani co-stars left no stone unturned to entertain their fans. The show ran for three years (2002-2005) before it finally went off-air.

The original show's reboot version is going to kick-start from today, i.e. August 12 on Star Plus. The same has left all the fans super excited. For the uninitiated, Mohnish Bahl and Gurdeep Kohli will be seen reprising their roles from the original show, whereas Surbhi Chandna, Namit Khanna, Sayantani Ghosh and Rohit Roy are the new members who have joined them on the show.

Also Read: Sanjivani 2 PROMO: Dr. Ishaani and Dr. Siddhant start off their journey on a not so gentle note

As we look forward to watch the sequel of Sanjivani, let's take a look at the original cast of the show and what they look like now.

Mohnish Bahl - Dr Shashank Gupta

TV's favourite Mohnish Bahl essayed the role of Dr Shashank Gupta in Sanjivani. The actor is back again with a bang and will be seen in Sanjivani's sequel.

Gurdeep Kohli - Dr Juhi Singh

We all love Sanjivani's chirpy doctor Gurdeep Kohli who portrayed the role of Dr Juhi Singh in the show. Just like Mohnish Bahl, Gurdeep will be seen in Sanjivani 2 as well. Post Sanjivani, Gurdeep was seen in shows like Sethji, Dil Ki Baatein Dil Hi Jaane among others. She made her B-town debut with Rowdy Rathore.

Mihir Mishra - Dr Rahul Mehra

Mihir definitely won millions of hearts with his charming looks back then. Mihir essayed the role of Dr Rahul Mehra and his attraction towards Juhi kept everyone hooked to the show. Post Sanjivani, Mihir was seen in shows such as Ek Nayi Chhoti Si Zindagi, Ishq Mein Marjawan among others.

Gaurav Chanana - Dr Rahul Mehra

Prior to Mihir, it was Gaurav Chanana who essayed the role of Dr Rahul Mehra. Gaurav was last seen opposite Preity Zinta in Ishkq in Paris.

Sanjeet Bedi - Dr Omi Joshi

Sanjeet Bedi portrayed the role of Dr Omi Joshi in the show. In the show, his character passed away due to having AIDS. Unfortunately, the actor took his last breath on 24 June 2015 after suffering from a brain haemorrhage.

Shilpa Kadam - Dr Simran Chopra

Shilpa Kadam essayed the role of Dr Simran Chopra who fell in love with her best friend Dr Rahul in the show. Shilpa keeps her fans updated about her whereabouts on social media.

Rupali Ganguly - Dr Simran Chopra

The show started with Shilpa Kadam essaying the role of Dr. Simran Chopra. She was later replaced by Rupali Ganguly who is mainly remembered for her character named Monisha Sarabhai.

Arjun Punjj - Dr Aman

We all remember Dr Aman's romantic proposal in the show. Who knew Aman and Juhi will end up marrying each other in real life? The couple has a beautiful daughter named Mehr and son named Mahir Punji.

Shilpa Shinde - Chitra

Bigg Boss fame Shilpa Shinde played the role of a nurse named Chitra in the show. Shilpa is best remembered for her performances in shows like Bhabhiji Ghar Par Hain!, Lapataganj among others. She also won Bigg Boss (Season 11).

Also Read: Sanjivani 2: Dill Mill Gayye stars Karan Singh Grover & Jennifer Winget send in their wishes for the show

Comments

Sanjivani was my most most most most favourite show as a child as I loved the profession of doctors and I wanted to become one!

I remember I used to eagerly wait the whole week just to watch this show, I still remember the time slot, it was telecasted on Wednesdays at 9 PM Star Plus. I used to cry if there was electricity problems during Wednesdays! I was obsessed with this show especially the title tune! My happy memories!

Add new comment