Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke: Abir's argument about 'women's self respect first' is the conversation we need

Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke is another show that has stood out from another in terms of the content it portrays and the issues it highlights. So here is another from yesterday's episode.
Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke: Abir's argument about 'women's self respect first' is the conversation we needYeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke: Abir's argument about 'women's self respect first' is the conversation we need
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp

Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke stars Shaheer Sheikh, Rhea Sharma, Kaveri Priyam and Ritvik Arora in lead roles, and ever since the show was first introduced, it kickstarted a conversation about why do families rush the marriages. While the show continues to stand strong on that ground, it has also spoken about many other things, and often, those are subtly slid into the tracks that we see on television every day.

In last night's episode, the conversation between Abir (Shaheer) and Kuhu (Kaveri) was a total highlight for me, and I shall tell you why. With the current scenario between Kuhu and Kunal (Ritvik), the two aren't on very happy terms and when Kuhu agreed to take upon the blame of something she had nothing to do with hoping it would change Kunal and his decision to divorce her, Abir explains how there is nothing she can do that will change that. And while that is obviously a very typical case scenario, it is what followed that won my heart.

#kuku in the house #discoDewaane #yehRishteyHainPyaarKe @ritvik_arora @kaveripriyam_official

A post shared by Shaheer Sheikh (@shaheernsheikh) on

(ALSO READ: Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke October 15, 2019 Written Update: Mishti lies to Varsha)

Abir goes on to highlight how she has to love and respect herself first, and until she does not learn to do that, there is nothing that will work out for her. This is not something very great or heroic that Abir did, but it was a conversation that needs to be shown on television more often than now. In fact, another highlight was how despite being Kunal's brother, he does not blindly support him and stands up for what he knows is wrong, something that is another learning from the episode.

The television scenario in India has been changing rapidly, and it is instances like these that often empower me, as a woman, and as someone who writes entertainment. Rajan Shahi sir has always been one to incorporate such topics into his shows, and while Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai has stood the test of time, Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke too, is working just about fine.

"Stay in sync with the latest and hottest" & "SUBSCRIBE TO PINKVILLA"

Comments

YRHPK is a excellent show, no doubt,l have learned a lot about India's culture along with what Abir says via poetry or common sense talks. I love this line from a movie I watched, to love oneself is the beginning of a life long love affair!

Add new comment

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement