December 6, 2013 301 reads 0 comments
Keep your nails healthy by focussing on cleanliness. Try olive oil, milk cream and acetone-free nail polish removers for clean and healthy nails.
Preethi.S, training head, Naturals Salon Training Academy, doles out tips for perfect nails:
- Take a bowl of olive oil and soak your nails in it. Leave them in it for 10 minutes then wipe off excess oil with cotton wool.
- After washing hands, apply a hand cream to prevent them from drying up. Dry nails have more chances of breaking.
- To further avoid dryness, use nail polish removers that are acetone-free.
- Gently massage your nails after applying milk cream.
- Use the finishing side of a nail buffer to help in blood circulation in the nail bed.
December 5, 2013 203 reads 0 comments
It's time for you to buy the best from fashion, food and lifestyle products as Mallika Jain, owner of Jainsons Gallery, is set to organise Fashion Capsule, a one-day exhibition-cum-sale.
To be held Friday, the event will celebrate the festive season by offering multiple boutique brands under one roof, including apparels, bags and accessories, kids-wear, bakery and food brands, said a statement.
This is the second edition of Fashion Capsule at Jainsons Gallery. The first Fashion Capsule was held Oct 9 this year.
Some of the participating brands are Blush, Insignia, Dolce Amante, Ridhima, Meher Oberoi, Jammu, Sum Sum, Shalinee, Leela, Euterpe, Candy Crush, Karishma Nath, Cilantro Catering and Jelly Beans
December 5, 2013 560 reads 0 comments
Nandita Mahtani has redefined cocktail dressing and she will present it as part of her latest holiday line at the forthcoming edition of India Resortwear Fashion Week (IRFW) 2013.
Varied silhouettes such as structured kaftans, kimono style dresses, classic cut one shoulder and tube dresses as well as colour blocking dresses in pastel hues such as coral, green, yellow, pink as well as different shades of white, form Mahtani's new cocktail and resort collection.
“Glamour and sophistication being the focal point of collection, I have incorporated beautiful aesthetic mesh, bead, shibori and sequence embroidery to the silhoutte that will give a chic feel,” said the designer in a statement.
She has a vast celebrity clientele, including Bollywood celebrities like Shilpa Shetty, Deepika Padukone, Bipasha Basu and Katrina Kaif.
Dreamy, romantic with a strong sense of drama, Nandita’s outfits are meant to appeal to women of all ages group.
“My initiative is to translate exquisite Indian embroideries into contemporary cuts, creating garments that are feminine, stylish and wearable,” she said.
The three-day event will start Dec 12 at JW Marriott in Mumbai.
December 5, 2013 252 reads 0 comments
Miss India Sobhita Dhulipala, who is representing the country at the Miss Earth Pageant, has won the Miss Eco Beauty Title sub-contest.
This is the second title won by the Indian beauty at the international pageant.
Judged online, she has garnered over 5,000 votes.
The 20-year-old, who earlier won the Miss Photogenic sub-contest, has received a gold medal for being victorious.
She is followed by Miss Macau Ashley Qian, who received a silver medal, and Ezgi Avci from Turkey, who received a bronze medal, a statement said.
The final contest will be held Dec 7 in Pasay City, the Phillipines.
December 4, 2013 147 reads 0 comments
Teeth whitening treatment has become increasingly popular in recent years, thanks to modern lifestyle. But it is now possible to achieve one at home. Eating apple on daily basis and chewing gum is beneficial when it comes to maintaining white pearlies.
With Christmas and New Year approaching, everyone wants to look and feel their best. Keeping this in mind, Peta Leigh, a teeth whitening expert, offers tips for achieving a bright white smile, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
- Eat your way to whiter teeth: Foods that are firm or crisp are known to help clean teeth as they're eaten. Apples are considered to be ‘nature's toothbrush’ and are a great way of cleaning teeth on the go or at lunch time when you are at work and unable to brush your teeth. Other choices include raw carrots, celery, and popcorn.
- Get a calcium boost: This may come as a surprise to many but cheese is also known for helping to maintain healthy white teeth. Although very fattening, cheese speeds the neutralization of acid and remineralisation of enamel.
- Wash away the stains: Water is not only essential for overall wellbeing, it is also vital for great oral health. Water acts as a natural cleaner and has the power to wash away bacteria and residue left on the teeth after eating. So be sure to drink a glass of water after every meal.
- Neutralise acid: Chewing gum is also very beneficial when it comes to maintaining a white smile. Chewing gum helps to clean teeth mechanically by removing debris, and it stimulates production of saliva, which increases your saliva’s ability to neutralise acid and remineralise your enamel. This ultimately strengthens teeth.
- Quit smoking: Lifestyle choices can also influence a natural white smile with smoking being one of the biggest causes of teeth decay and discolouration. The nicotine and tar in the cigarette result in teeth darkening, losing their natural white.
- The little extras: Flossing removes some of the staining between teeth, making your smile instantly look whiter. Try to floss several times a week as this will not only improve the health of your gums, you will also notice your smile looking brighter.
- See the light: Dark coloured foods are also notorious for causing discolouration in the naturally white teeth enamel. The best thing to do is try to avoid these foods and drinks such as coffee, balsamic vinegar and red wine, but if you do want to treat yourself, drink a glass of water after as this will help minimise staining.