EXCLUSIVE: Tahira Kashyap on Ayushmann Khurrana's lovemaking scenes: It made me upset; I suffered from IBS

Updated on Nov 10, 2020 07:39 PM IST  |  1.8M

Tahira Kashyap is a woman with many talents and despite being wife to a successful star like Ayushmann Khurrana, she has managed to carve her own niche. Now, as her latest book 12 Commandments Of Being A Woman - a tell-tale of her life, her journey and inside stories that nobody else is privy to - hits the stands, we decided to corner for a conversation, where she spoke about what the book entails - from her being a mother to her bedroom secrets with Ayushmann.

During the conversation, she reminisces a point in her life when her marriage suffered because of Ayushmann's on screen kisses and lovemaking scenes, and how today, she's more understanding and secure about the nature of this profession. "I have delved deep into the complexes that I had (when Ayushmann started acting). It's not easy for someone who doesn't come from a family involved with films because there are women around him all the time, the spotlight's on him. I think I have come a long way and I have spoken about that in the book as well. The kind of impact it had on my mental happiness and physical well-being too. I ended up having IBS, which is irritable bowel syndrome. But the root cause was extreme unhappiness and I feel you know it's not the circumstances which are unhappy but your own stress and anxiety that accentuates a situation. I needed to undergo a lot of learning. and I have done that. But yes, it was difficult for me to embrace this entire concept of the film industry."

Tahira also added, "Vicky Donor se shuru ho gaya tha. I was at home, I was pregnant and looking like a whale. I had gained 20 kilos and every woman goes through the journey. But I kept thinking that I'm looking like this, and my husband is romancing on screen. My reactions were immature but I don't regret that at all. Yes, I did have these insecurities. It didn't finish off there. It went on to Nautanki Saala, where he recorded the longest kiss on screen. It was all out in the press and it got to me."

Tahira Kashyap

ALSO READ: EXCLUSIVE: Ayushmann Khurrana's wife Tahira Kashyap is delighted to see her hubby kissing another man onscreen

But she says that her entire perspective towards the issue has taken a 180 degree turn now. She recalls an incident and shares, "I remember watching Andhadhun and telling Sriram sir that I wish the lovemaking scene between Ayushmann and Radhika could have been longer. It seemed too quick and abrupt. So that's the change I have had. Now, I look at it from an artistic point of view. Today, I'm a filmmaker and I might also need someone to enact out love on screen, regardless of whose husband or boyfriend he is, so I took time to realise that this is okay."

Watch the brutally honest conversation right here:

Comments
Anonymous : Do you know what the everyday people go through? Please stop indulging in self pity. All the bollydawoodians have the same dna in their blood... me, me and only me.. You folks have selective outrage against causes, only speak when told to, so that it does impede your standing in the industry of fakes...
REPLY 2 10 months ago
Anonymous : people dont like her much because she does not live by the usual norms of pathetic society rules
REPLY 1 10 months ago
Anonymous : So she had irritable bowel syndrome.... explains why she is full of s&?t
REPLY 9 10 months ago
Anonymous : so you couldn't p**p for while...jeeez women who cares
REPLY 8 10 months ago
Anonymous : She comes off so weird and awkward person, always trying to camouflage her insecurities by being all intellectual and deep.
REPLY 12 10 months ago
Anonymous : First of all if I passed these two clowns on the street. I wouldn’t notice I would keep walking. Secondly you’ve told us your sad story far too many times. Look beyond yourself and do something for society like many of us are.
REPLY 16 10 months ago
Anonymous : Such a shameful comment.u r look like clown i m sure
REPLY 0 10 months ago
Anonymous : Such a shameful comment.u r look like clown i m sure
REPLY 0 10 months ago
Anonymous : Stop milking your ill, and your husband's fame!
REPLY 14 10 months ago
Anonymous : Who cares what she thinks of the roles he does, if the public like his work the film becomes a hit. Too much coverage on the actors families in India.
REPLY 11 10 months ago
Anonymous : another cancer survivor intellectual suffering from all sort of elite conditions
REPLY 20 10 months ago
Anonymous : Someone is on a PR run, I am sure the money coming in helps in ignoring the scenes now.
REPLY 17 10 months ago
Anonymous : Blaming IBS on your husband's profession. LOL !
REPLY 19 10 months ago
Anonymous : Hilarious !
REPLY 9 10 months ago
Anonymous : Trying to be another pseudo intellectual like Twinkle Khanna. Too bad she is from a superstar film family and we only deserve so many talentless 'writer' star wives.
REPLY 24 10 months ago
Anonymous : Twinkle Khanna is really intellectual and intelligent and so is Tahira.
REPLY 8 10 months ago
Anonymous : Stupid woman
REPLY 13 10 months ago
REPLY 4 10 months ago
Anonymous : This woman! Stop using your husband's popularity and please do something on your own.
REPLY 19 10 months ago
Anonymous : Heyy. She's a writer & a director . So she is famous.
REPLY 5 10 months ago
Anonymous : She’s accomplished in her own right. Look it up .
REPLY 4 10 months ago
Anonymous : No ome heard of her until Ayushman got fame. And she has been going on and on about this insecurity shit since then. If she really wanted to do stuff on her own, she would avoid questions related to him. Simple. Also, this is not something you disclose in everu onterview. It indirectly shows she had minimal trust on him. I mean imstead of pretending to be intellectual, she can put actual effort into becoming one. And please dont mention her book. All star wives are "writers", "interior designers" or "fashion designers"
REPLY 2 10 months ago