In an exclusive chat with Pinkvilla, Manoj Bajpayee, who worked with late actor Sushant Singh Rajput in Sonchiriya in the year 2019, opens up about his roots, his dancing skills, achievements and more.
EXCLUSIVE: Manoj Bajpayee on Sushant Singh Rajput: I don't think I had achieved anything till the age of 34EXCLUSIVE: Manoj Bajpayee on Sushant Singh Rajput: I don't think I had achieved anything till the age of 34

Manoj Bajpayee, who is the recipient of two National Film Awards made his feature film debut with a one-minute role in Drohkaal in the year 1994 and a minor role of a dacoit in Shekhar Kapur's Bandit Queen in the same year. After a few unnoticed roles, he played the gangster Bhiku Mhatre in Ram Gopal Varma's 1998 crime drama Satya, which proved to be a breakthrough. He has entertained the audience with some amazing films like Kaun, Shool, Zubeidaa, Veer-Zaara, Dus Kahaniyaan, Raajneeti, Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1, Shootout at Wadala, Satyameva Jayate, Sonchiriya and more.

Manoj Bajpayee, who worked with late actor Sushant Singh Rajput in the year 2019 in Sonchiriya opened up about the Chhichhore star in an exclusive chat with Pinkvilla. He said, "All of us have our highs and lows and emotions. Sushant was no different. I don't think I am as talented as that. I don't think I am as intelligent and as bright as he used to be. I don't think I had achieved anything till the age of 34, what he achieved, as compared to his achievements. I feel that my achievements are very very small. That is how I remember him. I don't remember him not only as a good human being."

(Also Read: Manoj Bajpayee on Sushant Singh Rajput's Demise: Why can’t we celebrate the person that he was?)

He added, "I remember him as somebody who came from Patna and carried the rootedness with him with all the dancing abilities, with all the coolness and charming smile. He was a small-town guy inside. There was a small town Patna boy inside him. That I used to relate quite a lot."

For the uninitiated, Sushant Singh Rajput sent shock waves across the film industry on Sunday as he passed away in his apartment in Mumbai. The 34-year old actor had apparently committed suicide at his residence in Mumbai, as per police reports. On hearing this sad news, Manoj Bajpayee took to Twitter to pen a note remembering Sushant. He tweeted, "Falling short of words to describe the shock and grief I am in right now!! Just one question why Sushant ?? My heart goes out to his family who lost their young one!! Will wait to cook Bihari mutton for you my friend!! Rest in peace !!!!!Yours dadda!!!....”

Check out Manoj Bajpayee's entire interview here:

Stay updated with the latest entertainment,fashion and lifestyle news. Get our Newsletter

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

It's a tragedy that we lost a young rising star who was coming to be the best in this era and Karma will prevail to those who boycotted him to reach to his best level. RIP Sushant

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I don't understand some deluded people who blame nepotism on us audiences. Like do you guys think we would WANT to purposely malign a self made outsider's reputation, self respect and image or that we would ever encourage the dirty politics and smear campaigns done against outsiders??? Never!

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Very sad. Hopefully this ends.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

What a humble answer.best example for ego & nepotism in Bollywood.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

# BAN BRAHMASTRA !!! BAN KARAN JOHAR , ALIA BUTT , RANBIR KAPOOR !!! # BAN ALL NEPO GANG !!! LET'S FLOP BRAHMASTRA , LET'S STAND BY SUSHANT SINGH RAJPUT !!!

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

All those who had been successful, we all liked them. Shahrukh khan was very popular on television and he was first one to have a big female fan following. I was also one of his was in 8th standard .His tv series Fauji was popular because of him , not because of anything else . There was charm in him which pulled everyone. Yes , today if I watch his movies I do not like him as much . Luck and charm was on his side at that time . May be some blessings he had which made him king Khan . None of the superstars had been from the film industry. They all are from outside .

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Please let Sushant Death use as a tool to Reform Bollywood. If it is to be it is up to us. We need to boycott Bollywood Mafia big wigs/Kingpin/movies. We need to support talented actors/actress and watch their movies. Let the ticket sales do the talking. Race is Long Challenge is big we have just began... Tribute to Sushant.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Alia and mahesh are suffering from bipolar disorder and will do suicide soon .I saw this coming

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Rk will do the same thing to alia what mahesh did to parveen babi .Then alia will do suicide and mahesh will say that he saw this coming

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

While everyone is craving for drama and thinking how to increase their own fan following in this tragedy, I found solace of losing SSR in Manoj’s words. He too asked people to stop creating drama and stop saying Bichara to Sushant. Sushant is not Bichara. He is now a legend. What many people could not do in their entire life, Sushant did in his short life. He is the James Dean of Hollywood or Kurt Cobain of Musical industry. Yes, they came and they left early but they are born to be legends. Now Sushant is a legend. His tragic death made him THE LEGEND. 100 years from now, a historian will write how a death of a young actor changed the Bollywood - for better. Bollywood was corrupt for years now. It’s not because of one person Karan or his people. It’s because of deep-rooted culture of favoritism, dark competition and backbiting. Karan is just a part of that culture. This culture of lobbying and stealing awards started in the 90s. SRK (who was an outsider) played a big role in manipulating the media. He was the KING of media manipulation. And we too participated. We made bad movies popular. We watched all bad movies coming from Yash Raj and Dharma. We ignored good movies coming from small-time directors and actors. We created the KHAN culture. So we are responsible too. Time to pause, reflect, and improve.

Absolutely right decesion

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

THE BEST COMMENT!!! This should be posted everywhere to WAKE PEOPLE UP to reform them. We can do this. It is not about sushant or karan, kangana or alia, it is the right thing to do.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Tribute to Sushant: Boycott movies of the following people; Salman Khan Karan Johar Aditya Chopra Mahesh Bhatt Ekta Kapoor Other Kapoors Sonam Kapoor Kareena Kapoor Alua Bhatt Sonaskhi Sinha

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Khan culture manipulation mind was Ajay devgan he is also nepotism product ..why he dint use heroines what about Akshay Kumar he used actresses after few success

You said it very well

Well said

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

What an awesome interview!!l I hope people like Karan Johar and Salman khan watch it. It’s high time people stop politics and power to control other people’s careers.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Justice For Sushant should be served. These goons KjO, Aditiya, Sonakshi, Alia, Sonam , Kareena, Saara, Rhea, Mahesh, Mukesh, Ekta , Ranbir, Ranveer, Arjun should be banned. Their movies should be banned. They all killed Sushant. They are equally responsible. Sushant was too good for the industry. I daily wish and pray that May Karma hits all of them in their a***s and they all rot in hell. PV pls Post

Spot on!

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Gud ro hear from u for SSR really miss him alot he is the best actor for upcoming generation

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

What does achievement mean?Money and fame?Nope..

Impacting someone.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Exactly. Sushant might not have that money when he was alive. Now he is the legend. His death will change Bollywood forever

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I love listening to Manoj every time I feel sad about Sushant. Because while everyone is driven by their own agenda, I feel, Manoj and Abhishek Kapoor are the only two people who are genuinely sad.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

We love you Manoj, i joined amazon prime only for your family man. We love your love for, and your words for SSR. May his soul rest in peace.

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options