EXCLUSIVE! Kangana Ranaut: Nepotism is not only about films, it’s about vengeance, the sadism of human psyche

Kangana Ranaut has been in the news recently after Sushant Singh Rajput’s demise. In a recent chat with Pinkvilla, Kangana Ranaut shared her thoughts on nepotism and how it goes beyond films.
EXCLUSIVE! Kangana Ranaut: Nepotism is not only about films it’s about vengeance, the sadism of human psycheEXCLUSIVE! Kangana Ranaut: Nepotism is not only about films it’s about vengeance, the sadism of human psyche

Post Sushant Singh Rajput’s demise on 14th June 2020 there has been a constant discussion about the entertainment industry. Social media has also witnessed a war of words between Bollywood celebrities. Post Sushant's demise, Kangana Ranaut called out the award shows that never acknowledged his work. She called them out for not crediting his films like Chhichhore and stood up for the late actor. Kangana grabbed headlines with her statements on the industry and now, in an exclusive chat with Pinkvilla, she has opened up about nepotism and how it goes beyond films.

It was Kangana who introduced many to the word ‘nepotism’ and after that, there was no looking back. “When I came into the films from the very beginning, I faced it, all of that, but I never thought it can be so fatal you know. In the beginning, I never had the idea of the graveness of it. I felt that it is one of those obstacles. Whether it is coming from a small village or not being able to speak English or having never seen films itself. There have been many challenges and I felt maybe nepotism is one of those that I can override and turn it into my favour and it wasn't always in play but it only became very toxic and life-threatening when I became the top star,” says Kangana.

She pauses for a while but chooses to continue, “That is the time I realised that it is not very difficult to be successful but to remain successful because of the competition. People who will even get you killed to get your place will go to any lengths and I do feel that nepotism in our industry has become very toxic in this generation. Earlier the way the country was, most people were self-made. People were very poor. Even the stories that our parents tell us. Privileged people are very few and far. There were of course but now with the kind of society we are in, the kind of industry we are in, 90% of the people kind of belong to film families. They are either friends or they are from the close-knit circle.”

Kangana confesses that she wanted to bring awareness about such issues and not fight. “Honestly, I do feel like I started a premature talk on it. When I spoke to Karan about it, I was just kind of teasing him, pulling his leg. Had I known these people are so dangerous, had I known it would cause death, had I known it is not just something to joke about or tease about, it is just not something about snatching films. It is not only about films, it is also about vengeance, the sadism of the human psyche. I had not done it or taken it so lightly because I think I took it lightly then I was attacked in a way that they went for me. They tried to put criminal cases on me, they tried to sabotage my brands, and my films and my whole brand came crashing before Manikarnika. I think that discouraged Sushant in a huge way who was supporting me and then this is what happened. I think I should have known the graveness of it and even what happened has discouraged many and it just became movie, film gossip and nepotism. Nothing concrete came out of my first attempt to bring awareness. I tried to bring awareness and not fight it. But this time around what has happened has shaken me and to be honest, I cannot stop feeling bad about it especially because he has been complaining about bullying and you cannot not see it you know, so I think I would have been more prepared. I don't feel great about it but this just is how it happened and I wish we could have saved that life. Someone had written about it," adds the actress.

“People must have seen that nasty video where Karan Johar is asking me to get out of the film industry and somebody said that had somebody told him, stopped him and questioned him then and there had it not been such a huge applaud and roaring response from the audience, we would have saved Sushant. I too believe in that, it's nothing but true but I think we as a society failed,” she asserts.

Download the Pinkvilla App for latest Bollywood & Entertainment news, hot celebrity photos, lifestyle articles, fashion & beauty news,Hollywood, K-Drama etc . Click here
Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana is spot on! Anuraag and his tribe are sadist trying to get work and livelihood

Anonymous 4 months ago

She has a problem with everyone. She has insulted Tapsee, Sonu Soon who are not nepo kids. She has a mental problem

Anonymous 4 months ago

Tapsee should be humiliated for her opportunism

Anonymous 4 months ago

will kangana allow ishkaran to steal her limelight? he seems to do good job. people should make him as leader for this battle; will definitely gain more supporters, for sure.

Shameless woman

Anonymous 4 months ago

Lol AND what about your hypocrisy!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Jayalalitha was herself a product of nepotism. Jaya ji's mother was an actress, and she got into movies because of her mother. Then into politics because of MGR - all due to nepotism. I hope in Kangana's movie on Jaya ji's biopic will show this message or disclaimer that Jalaylalitha was a product of nepotism and Kangana Ranaut does not endorse it.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Ridiculous argument - she is playing a character

Anonymous 4 months ago

KR is the only brave actress in nepowood !!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangna Ranaut a versetile superstar, confident person. You proved your skill, you achieved your success in Bollywood. You proved the existence of nepotism in Bollywood. We salute you for this. But I request you no to argue with these type of fake persons. It may effect your culture and status. They are corrupted, why you waste your energy against them? You are a dignified lady, ignore them.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Feeling inspired...we all are standing with you...kisi ne to himmat ki sahi bolne ki bki sab to dar ke baithe hai or hmesa chup hi rhenge...we proud of ma'am u sach a doing great work.we and God are with you always..ab to khtm ho kr rhega bhai bhatijawad so called nepotism

Anonymous 4 months ago

Bold step ! I feel the spirit and message in your angst ! I support you.

Anonymous 4 months ago

You know what. She never fights for the side actors and the group actors who earn peanuts in movies. They are the common people. Fight for their better wages. She only fights with stars and for crores. And the common people fight for her. Irony.

Anonymous 4 months ago

All citizens are with you

Anonymous 4 months ago

sorry speak for your self..definitely not All.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Her fans are spamming oscar academy twitter account and abusing alia in it & begging to invite kangana. Is there no dignity??? But saw an old article where kangana said she wont go to oscars even if she get’s one. Hope PV post this comment otherwise truly nepotistic site.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Lol what do you want to prove ?

Anonymous 4 months ago

Well said Kangana. We all are standing with you. Nepotism should end now. #justiceforssr

Feeling inspired!

We are with you ,show them your power . All we want justice #justiceforSSR

Nation support you and your spirit. #justiceforssr #wearewithkangna

Anonymous 4 months ago

My support for her all the way. People criticizing her should realize that as she said, she has only to lose here. She's not gaining anything by taking names of all the powerful people running BW mafia and she's doing it only so that she can sleep peacefully at night. I do believe her because I have been following her journey since Gangster and believe every single word she says. More power to you girl!

Anonymous 4 months ago

KRK bhi yehi bolta tha. I've been following his journey since Deshdrohi.

I am with you ! Well said, go ahead #justiceforssr

Anonymous 4 months ago

We all stand by you in the fight for justice for SSR. You truly showed us the path and the very fact that he was killed and definitely did not die by suicide.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangna is a jerk in her own way. She will even insult those who have not provoked her in any way. Kawway ki tarha KAAH KAAH KAAH. “K” for Kangna and “K” for Kawwa. What a coincidence.

Well said Kangana. More power to you. #justiceforssr #bollywoodsucks

Anonymous 4 months ago

When you try to milk a cow (or a tragedy in this case) beyond a point, either the milk dries out or the oxen take charge and kick your bucket out! Remember that.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Keep working hard on good scripts . You will get everything!!

Except a) Jaduu b) Respect

#whokilledsushantsinghrajput

Anonymous 4 months ago

You folks who follow belligerent folks like Kangana and KRK, I encourage you to keep going down the drain. For those who do not understand by advice will understand eventually by experience :)

We are with kangana . #justicforssr#cbiinquaryforsushantsinghrajput

Justice for Sushant!

Anonymous 4 months ago

The Nation Wants to Know about your Black Magic powers! Please give us a demo on Arnab's channel (without CGI) so we can convert ourselves to believe that he was indeed killed by those whom you claim killed him!

Anonymous 4 months ago

She loathes the term CGI after that plastic horse fiasco

Anonymous 4 months ago

Dumb how much you was pay for your brainless comment ????

Anonymous 4 months ago

I am scared to read your comment please go soon to a psychiatric doctor! Maybe you will be better after ! Black magic lol Are you delirant ????

chill.

he/she was being sarcastic

Anonymous 4 months ago

People have different beliefs . Who are you to point at Kangana? I’m sure you must believe in a religion too ? And religion is something we cannot pin point . It’s in our belief so similarly to that if that is what she believes in then good for her. You need to mind your own business because that topic was so irrelevant .

Anonymous 4 months ago

More to power to you ma'am. You're an inspiration to many of us.

not for me tho

You are right Kangana Mam❤

Anonymous 4 months ago

More power to you kangana Everyone with you

I love you kangana

Anonymous 4 months ago

Beautiful fearless woman true queen

Anonymous 4 months ago

I think it’s anupama chopra

Anonymous 4 months ago

Rajeev masand is it you?

Anonymous 4 months ago

Ugly opportunistic, manipulative, uncouth woman!

Anonymous 4 months ago

She is amazing. Only jealous fools won’t understand

Anonymous 4 months ago

this much BOGUS and people are buying it.....her brand falling discouraged sushant?!! How did she even know that when practically she never met him. i mean chi chi there is no limit of her stupidity. thought she has some factual intelligence. omg she is tooooo much! K's PV hatsoff!

Anonymous 4 months ago

you very well know Alia is silent so your shutup is irrelevant and also shows your obsession with her. body shaming persons are supporters of sushant's cause.. shows the shallowness of the whole crusade.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Shut up short below average ugly man alia

Anonymous 4 months ago

I’m done with Bollywood. Thanks SSR for bringing this change. These are sadistic vengeful people who survive on common people’s money but instead turn around and make fun of common people. I’ll only watch Dil Bechara and no other Bollywood movie from now on. As it is the quality of Southern cinema and Netflix and Hollywood will make Bollywood extinct soon.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Someone said she is vile and I agree ... she is scary

Anonymous 4 months ago

She is an idiot piggybacking off of SSR's death. The person who has hired her own sister as a her manager should SHUT UP about nepotism.

Anonymous 4 months ago

More power to you kangana! May there be more people in industry who stand with you!!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Now everyone is praising KanganaRanaut for calling out nepotism, I want everyone to see the video where she said that it was her perogative as a director of manikarnika to cut the roles of chote mote actors ( its not the airport one and its more than just one interview) i think you may find links to it in either anurag kashyaps twitter account or tapsees as some people supporting him have linked it there. What is the difference between her and Kjo? If it was her prerogative as a director to cut roles of co-stars, why is she now blaming others for doing the same thing that she did.

Anonymous 4 months ago

people like you are indirectly responsible for the Death of SSR. Have humanity and support those who go through the torture instead of commenting on their sliping pills- do you have nay idea baout what mental health is

Anonymous 4 months ago

Take your pills & go to sleep!

Anonymous 4 months ago

SSR was diagnosed with depression, and we sorely miss him. The sad and unfortunate fact is that SSR's problems may have been exacerbated by the CORONAVIRUS lockdown. Moreover, Kangana is trying to re-shape the narrative by not addressing any of these types of mental health issues. I believe she is straying into a full-on-battle with Bollywood, of which she will lose. She needs to chill-out, take her meds, and focus on Acting...

Anonymous 4 months ago

She is brave, fearless and a woman that India should be proud of. Gutsy and beautiful! It is because of her Sushant’s case is in limelight and she has raised pertinent questions. There is hope for justice now. Sushant’s voice was stiff led but they cannot shut all of us down.

Anonymous 4 months ago

As a woman, I have never felt so much hatred for another woman. This woman is one of them. She is so vile, horrible, and dangerous. She uses woman card. This kind of woman who degrades other women are the reason why we women are so behind.

Anonymous 4 months ago

You are a foool there’s a difference if you say someone is a B grade actress and when you say they are being treated like B grade actress even though they are better than the supposed A grade actresses those are two different sentences but u uneducated fools failed English . Learn to read in context and u are foool as a woman to hate her for her journey she has been mistreated a lot ever since s affair with hritik she speaks on d I’ll treatment of actors and actress and most of ur tv actors support her behind close doors cus Dey know it’s the fact !!!!!! So u hv completely misunderstood this woman sad for u .

Anonymous 4 months ago

She is right....... Brave lady...our nation ..21st century.. Continued kangana...im with u and fully support her

Anonymous 4 months ago

I love her braveness! You can scrutinize her remarks any which way you like! But she has nothing to gain in this process, only loose! So don’t dis-credit her standing up for what is right for something that can make another new, hard working artist end up the same way as Sushant did! It’s a wicked world!

Anonymous 4 months ago

The differences between Kangana and sushant is; sushant was not flop actor. He gave back to back hits. He had no sugarmommy, no godfathers, no influencial gf's or affiliation with bjp heavy weights to produce his films. He was respectful and dignified man. Sushant came to bollywood based on merit. He struggled unlike some ppl with sugardaddy. Sushant representated the real India. The underdog who worked so hard and was at the top of his game. At the end we have to be honest with ourselves. I dont know how sushant died but Bollywood is part of society that ridicule and belittle mentally ill people. People with severe depression have suicidal thoughts and psychosis episode. If you dont take medication things can get worse. Kangana is trying her best to get more PR for her failed career and now she is using sushant's death. Rest in peace S

Anonymous 4 months ago

You better take your medication on time...lol

Anonymous 4 months ago

If she doing this for PR then also atleast she is doing something for new generation who will go to film industry fearlessly after this if this battle end with gud conclusion becouse it's really toxic. Why people who achieve big success in short time has to die always whether she is divya bharti or shushant singh rajput why .she is right if she is doing for her then also she is right atleast she raising her voice for right change

Anonymous 4 months ago

We all stand for kangana ma'am. Nepotism should be end up soon. And fair chances should be given to every upcoming talent.

We are with you. Go ahead. Carry on

Anonymous 4 months ago

As a Hrithik fan, no matter how right she is, I will NEVER support her. She is a liar.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Lol the story is about Kangana and him Stay indifferent! Honestly I liked HR too much before in his fort movies but now I don’t have any compassion for him because he changed too much full of himself big ego like others raptors ! So if HR kills himself you will follow hlm and do the same ! Evolve your brain! And have discernment be yourself!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Lol Kangana lies. Do you think Jadoo HR is innocent ? Why do you think his wife divorced? Cheating! Stand for a hypocrite lol the joke !

That’s absolutely true

Anonymous 4 months ago

This should have nothing to do with Hrithik! She is just a vile lady who has a penchant for aggression and therefore will discharge regular bursts of verbal diarrhoea. That alone should be a good reason to be repelled by her.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Her bad karma will bring her down. She is mad

Anonymous 4 months ago

Oh, shut up already! When Sushant was alive, you did not extend any profound or truly meaningful support toward him even though you were once a newcomer yourself. Now that he’s dead, you’re crowing like a rooster and we have to see your face on PV each day. You’re such a jhagraaloo aurat!

Anonymous 4 months ago

No you shut up.. what are you even doing reading her posts if you hate her? Hypocrite

Anonymous 4 months ago

Why Kangana has such fewer followers compared to others? Yes she might not be in social media but everyone knows she uses Rangoli or that KR team account ... KRK has more followers than Kangana. I wonder why?

Anonymous 4 months ago

YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHY? OK. Let me tell you WHY fair and square! Here you go! Ms. Kangana has REAL FOLLOWERS (Real Humans) UNLIKE BOLLYWOOD MAFIA WHO HAVE “BOT” (robot)/FAKE FOLLOWERS! That’s why! ITS SIMPLE AS THAT! ARE YOU SATISFIED OR YOU STILL NEED FURTHER EXPLANATION! PLS DO LET ME KNOW!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana, It’s not an easy task to fight alone against these SPINELESS COWARDLY BOLLYWOOD MAFIA! But you will CONQUER them all and come out as a Winner one day! And that day is not far away! WE COMMON PEOPLE ARE WITH YOU ALL THE WAY! So be strong and determined! MORE POWER TO YOU ROCKSTAR! For those who (SLAVES OF BWM) support BOLLYWOOD MAFIA , get ready to run coz the time is not far away before the BAD KARMA chase you down to the road to HELL!

Anonymous 4 months ago

By the way. Everyone is fighting with Kangana. Bollywood people time for that. Why are you all not supporting CBI for SSR ? As a general public now We are more curious ....why Bollywood people are scared for CBI for SSR ? have you guys or someone near you done something really wrong ????

Anonymous 4 months ago

and this message is targeted not towards those 3 people supporting SSR but those 100 people sitting idle and attacking kangana

Anonymous 4 months ago

so you don't see shekar suman, apurva and few other actors ..you only see kangana? they are not from BW? infact with shekar suman it went upto amit shah's letter. then came Madam X.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Even if she is using SSR death for her own good, she is the only one who is saying something abt his demise who else is out dere frm bollywood talking abt his demise and what happened exactly. Atleast if she is asking questions she wants justice for SSR fans what actually happened to him can only come out if someone can put pressure on police/cbi. Otherwise they will going to close this case forever in the name of taking bribe from bollywood mafia

Anonymous 4 months ago

Because Kangana is using SSR death. We won’t allow her to use his death for her personal agenda. Why is she not accusing Salman khan. Why selective ? First we will fight against this moronic mad woman, then we will worry about Bollywood nepotism. Karan is not dangerous. Kangana is

Anonymous 4 months ago

castism is bigger problem in india than nepitism !!! does she fight against it ??? she is soo fucked up in her mind. she lied about roshan relatinship !!! now she is taking advantage of sushants death !!! hate this woman soooo soo much.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana is just a narcissist. A big one. Geez!

And you an ignorant !

Anonymous 4 months ago

Ok... all this lecture & she forgot to mention she hired her sister. She doesn't follow her own preaching but I guess she's above the rules.

Anonymous 4 months ago

She is too negative person. Everyone goes through problems in life but don't just keep talking about it. Anyone can give work to whomsoever he/she wants to. You can't control that. She wants to be in limelight by talking against people but eventually she will be effected. Too much arrogance.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I am talking about Kangana, not Sushant. That's different topic. Read my comments properly before commenting.

Anonymous 4 months ago

U shame even after a death of such a fateful and happy man because of some creeps she is ready to help for all the facts. She is saying truth from the starting it just some of us or maybe all of us not ready to see what’s truth.

Anonymous 4 months ago

She is right in all aspects support her please so it can saves a life she is a warrior god give her strength to fight against the real culprits we want justice for sushant at any cost

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options