John Cena is a renowned BTS ARMY member. The Fast & Furious 9 star gave Suga a shoutout following the release of Min Yoongi's Agust D2.
John Cena gives BTS' Suga a shoutout after Yoongi drops new album Agust D2; Daechwita shatters recordsJohn Cena gives BTS' Suga a shoutout after Yoongi drops new album Agust D2; Daechwita shatters records

BTS rapper Suga has the world bowing down to him. Yoongi released his mixtape, Agust D-2, on Friday and it has been the talk of the (social media) town all through the weekend. The Bangtan Boy announced his new solo release with the help of his music video Daechwita. The singer brought forward his alter ego with some help from Jin and Jungkook. Apart from the two BTS members making a cameo in the video, Suga also collaborated with BTS leader RM on a song.

While the ARMY has streamed all the songs, resulting in some mindblowing records being broken within a few hours of Agust D-2's release, it seems like celebrity ARMY member John Cena is also impressed with Suga's mixtape. The WWE wrestler turned actor is a renowned BTS ARMY member. He has never shied away from showering the K-Pop band with love. So it comes as no surprise that Cena decided to give Suga a well-deserved shoutout.

The Fast & Furious 9 star took to Instagram and shared the poster Big Hit Entertainment shared a day before Suga dropped his mixtape. His social media post left the ARMY screaming with joy. Fans took to the post's comments section to shower Cena with some purple love. "I purple uh cena," read a comment. "King supporting king thank you for this," added another fan. "omg yes legend stan agustd," an ARMY member added.

Check out his post below:

A post shared by John Cena (@johncena) on

With Daechwita, Suga became the first and only Korean Soloist with 4 music videos to have garnered 3 million likes on YouTube. Apart from the Agust D-2 song,  Shadow, Eight (IU ft. SUGA) and Agust D boasts of 3 million likes. Daechwita also became the fastest Korean song to have recorded 4 million likes on YouTube. It took the ARMY just 11 hours and 12 minutes to register the record.

What did you think of Daechwita and Agust D-2 album? Let us know your reviews in the comments below.

ALSO READ: PICS: BTS' J Hope visits Suga, Jin & Jungkook on Daechwita MV set along with coffee truck dedicated to AGUST D

This Day That Year
2019
2018
2017
2016
2015
Anonymous 6 days ago

BT ... FOREVER!!!!!

Anonymous 1 week ago

I didn't know that my favorite WWE fighter was Army, I'm liking him more and more, my utt is yoongi and literally even I was shot so much after watching it 100 times, the song stayed in my head, I composed my songs songs thanks to suga, i would love to meet them in person, i think it was a sign for me to like John Cena before i found out that he is Army, obviously i am shocked.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

now all we need is dylan o’brien to share his love of bts and share who his bias is! i’m glad john cena is showing support for the bts members it’s so wholesome seeing this!

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Daechwita is soo like a short film. It is amazing and as usual King Agust D is spitting fire. Luv u BTS and Agust D

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

The mixtape is officially called D-2 not Agust D2 :)

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

MV for Daechwita is a seamless and beautiful mixture of the ancient and modern. The lyrics are so powerful. Together, the song struck me to the core. One word, "Profound."

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Like John Cena, I so love the album too! My favorite tracks are Daechwita and People. Thank God there's BTS and Agust D in times like this or this quarantine thingy would have gotten me nuts.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Awesome! Love it! So talented!! Suga you are phenomenal good job!

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Our Suga is a beast!

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Wow! I'm really glad that John Cena is an ARMY!

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Suga really love his work and that is literally shown in August D's MV Not for a moment I felt that I am seeing and listening min yoongi...its a different side of him that's how he love his work He will certainly rule the world

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Loved it. The song and MV was very much Suga's style. Very "in your face". So proud of him.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

i luv bts

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options