It's Okay To Not Be Okay aired its finale on Sunday night. While fans are feeling bittersweet about the ending, the episode might have left a door open for season 2.
It's Okay To Not Be Okay Season 2: Finale leaves a door open for possible Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji reunionIt's Okay To Not Be Okay Season 2: Finale leaves a door open for possible Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji reunion

WARNING: Spoilers Ahead:

It was a satisfying end to It's Okay To Not Be Okay. The tvN drama, starring Kim Soo Hyun, Seo Ye Ji and Oh Jung Se, premiered its finale episode on Sunday. The 16th episode gave fans a sense of closure as they watched Moon Sang Tae overcome his fears for the butterflies, Ko Mun Yeong publishing a book that was different from her gloomy themed tales with Sang Tae. And Moon Gang Tae's dream of taking a road trip with no responsibilities on his shoulders was fulfilled.

While it was indeed the happily ever after fans were hoping for, the finale episode left the door for the possibilities of a second season. The first scene that paved the hope for another season came when Ko Mun Yeong paid her mother a visit following the latter's arrest. The interaction gave Ko Mun Yeong a sense of closure. However, her evil mother warned that the young writer will never be able to forget her past. Although Mun Yeong's mother is behind bars, the makers could find a way to unleash the evil thirsting for revenge against her daughter's Prince Charming, breaking open the door for season 2.

Another scene that led to us hoping that the series could see the trio come together for the second season was Moon brothers go their separate ways. While Moon Gang Tae continued his road trip with Ko Mun Yeong, Moon Sang Tae decided to follow his dream of being a full-time illustrator. During the emotional heart-to-heart conversation between the Moon brothers, Mun Yeong attempts to stop Sang Tae from leaving them. She expresses that she will need Sang Tae to illustrate her stories.

#ItsOkaytoNotBeOkay #MmM

A post shared by 김수현 Kim Soo Hyun 金秀賢 (@soohyun_k216) on

Although it might seem that it was just another statement Mun Yeong says to prevent Sang Tae from leaving, but the statement also hints that Mun Yeong was open to the idea of writing another book, as against her initial retirement plan. This could pave the trio's reunion and who knows, this time around Mun Yeong and Sang Tae might have several stories to tell, given their respective experiences. The supporting characters' storylines are also open for exploration in the new season, giving the makers enough material to set the stage for season 2.

Do you think It's Okay To Not Be Okay should return for season 2? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

ALSO READ: It's Okay To Not Be Okay: Kim Soo Hyun believes the series healed him as finale records series best ratings

Anonymous 1 week ago

If there will be a season 2 I think the villain is the Family of that patient who was naked. Maybe they bail out her mom then they kidnap Mun yeong?

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

There should be no season 2. For me it will remain unique and perfect in 1 season. Because the heart of this drama was the healing of the 3 main characters by love in various forms, as the episodes unfolded. And often seasons 2 and so on, are a useless length of season 1 for money.

Anonymous 4 weeks ago

As much as I love this series, I think they ended it pretty well. So, I dont think a second season is necessary. But I am open to seeing another season if they decide to do it. If a second season doesnt happen, I would also love to see Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji in another project, be it a movie or another series.

Yes please season 2

Yes please make a season 2 it’s okay to not be okay I loved the tv show so much

Anonymous 1 month ago

Yes we want a season 2!!!! This drama is so so so good to be ending so season 2 pls!!!!!

Anonymous 1 month ago

Please don’t make season 2!!!!

Anonymous 1 month ago

There should be a season 2 because I want to see Gang-Tae graduate from college, and work in a new profession. Gang-Tae definitely learned how to love himself and others. He found his voice and knows how to set healthy boundaries. Gang-Tae and Mun-Young having a wedding and going on their honeymoon to Serengeti. Also I want to see Sang-Tae become a full time illustrator on his first book and opening up his own publishing company. He has grown so much as strong, mature gentleman and big brother to Gang-Tae.

Anonymous 1 month ago

I personally go for season 2. This drama is rare considering the fact that it touches mental health issues which people overlook . I think it is a great drama. And i want to know how jae-su remained loyal to Gang-tae. How it started and why. How that true friendship is valuable at this trying times.

Awesome

Anonymous 1 month ago

Defnitly agree for season 2 there alot to add for season 2 like KMY mom , juri and LSI loveline and POR !

Anonymous 1 month ago

I want another Kim soo hyun and seo ye ji partnership.

Anonymous 1 month ago

I think there will be a season 2... the book her mother wrote about the murder of the witch part 2 contains the mystery and the path they are taking. .. she foresee what will happen.. and the illustrator in that book is gangte...

Anonymous 1 month ago

There isn't really room plot-wise for a season 2 but I hope there is!

Anonymous 1 month ago

Definitely needs to be season 2 amazing watch absolutely funny awesome story line cant wait for the next season.

Anonymous 1 month ago

Please let there be a Season 2. I'm still not over this show yet. I feel like we need more content and episodes!

Anonymous 1 month ago

i would love to see another season of this beautiful K-Drama!❤️

Anonymous 1 month ago

I enjoyed season 1, but there is no necessity for a 2nd season. Contrarily, the final episode left no cliffhangers. Sang-tae overcame his phobia and has carved his niche as a professional illustrator, Gang-tae and now retired Moon-young are realizing their dream of traveling and discovering new adventures. Delving into say, the return of Moon-Young's evil mother, or introduction of new hospital director, stirs no excitement. A new tv show with a different storyline with the trio would be more interesting.

Anonymous 1 month ago

There should be part 2, like who's gonna be the new director of the hospital. What happened to Park Ok Ran? Did Mun yeong and Gang tae be able to travel to Serengeti. It has potential for season 2.

Anonymous 1 month ago

I do have a feeling that they are planning to have a season 2. There are just so many mysteries left unsolved like how did her mother survived. There was a glimpse on the earlier episodes where young KMY was staring at the water and her mother was heard uttering "save me". Was she the one who saved her mother? Also the fact the KMY said that no matter how many times hee mother's face will change, she will recognize her right away. What if the nurse was not the real mother? What if there's really more to the story. How did she survive the night when her father almost choked her to death. Also, jae su teasing that there will be a season 2. Gosh, please. I just want to see them again on screen ❤❤❤❤

Anonymous 1 month ago

As much as I would love to see a season 2 its just not realistic this is a Korean drama made for Koreans not Americans so they would not do that. Kim Soo Hyun & Seo Ye-Ji have amazing chemistry!! I hope we get to see them work again in another drama. I think I loved him with her way better that the other dramas so far he's been on. He is the top of top in Korea the Highest paid actor at this moment so he gets to pick and choose what he wants. As you can see why right I mean the Man is really good at it. He is just kicking in high gear so I can't wait to see what else he will do and hopefully more work with her.

Please bring back a Season 2

Anonymous 1 month ago

Yes, please and with the same actors. The storyline and actors did a wonderful job-especially as the Moon brothers and Ms.Ko. The chemistry between Gang Tae and Ms. Ko was so tender and sweet. I could not get enough of watching those 2.

Anonymous 1 month ago

I don't think that this show would remain as perfect as it really is if a season 2 is made. I personally feel that there is no need for a season 2.

Anonymous 1 month ago

It will be honour for the fans to watch season 2 .......

Anonymous 1 month ago

Great show. Bring on Season 2. I am a fan of K TV series and Movies. They are the best.

Okay

Anonymous 1 month ago

It will be a good wait for season 2, its the beat K drama Ive watched so far. The script and cast are great!

Wanna see kim & seo together... Please please

please need a season 2 . i love this couple so much

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yessss..... season 2 please sam cast .. this drama has everything on it .. great story and cast .. me being a k drama addict burst into laughter and tears SANG Tae character is what i love most...and also the OST is so addictive I hope season 2 is on its way

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes, Season 2 same actressess and actors ,minus main actress.A very educational drama.The main actor presented him well of how to look after mentally ill people,more on that and from Ok Psychiatric Hospital.A very down to earth main actor,salute you.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes, please let there be a season 2. I would like to see those two grow as a couple since they have liked each other since being kids. Maybe even get married to even piss her mom off more. Please season 2.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes, it would be great for same actors and actress for season 2. Please don’t change actors/actress. I like seo ye ji and Kim so hyun acts together.

Anonymous 2 months ago

This is the kind of show that I just cant stop thinking about! Its so good! First of all the actors and actresses in the show are so talented and should get more recognition for their talented work. Second of all this is the kind of show where you just cant leave me on one season. ITS GIVING ME ANXIETY!! This show needs and deserves a second season.

Anonymous 2 months ago

'It's Okay To Not Be Okay' is an eye opener for everyone to be more aware of mental health. This is an extraordinary healing drama who exposed mental health. In my opinion, why don't just break the wall and make season 2. Just expose more about mental health or maybe suicidal case of a patient of psychiatric hospital. I mean, mental health is something to talked about nowadays. Isn't this the main purpose of this drama?

Anonymous 2 months ago

I really don’t understand why this happens all the time. I mean why is it so that once the last episode of any K-drama ends then you start bragging about season 2 and all. I feel very frustrated at that ....well it’s just a personal opinion...please if you are so curious about the season 2 then make one yourself .... the same happens in CLOY and TKEM ....it’s just ... You don’t have to shout and say “Hell with season 2!!”

Anonymous 2 months ago

And we need to know what exactly happened to Park Ok Ran after she mysteriously disappeared.

Yess!!

Anonymous 2 months ago

Anyone knows how Do Hui Jae survived death? 'Cause as far as I know, Ko Dae Hwan locked her up in the basement. Then in the sunrise after the murder, if I'm not wrong, he threw the corpse of her in the water, idk if it's a pond, river, or whatever LOL

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yess!!! I'm all for season 2!!!!

Anonymous 2 months ago

Please give us Season 2 with the same cast...... As soon as possible. Even it was a very happy ending, i was bit sad, because I'm gonna miss the show so badly....

yes! please

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes PLEASE! Dont make me suffer unnecessarily. The show is a fav and definitely my Top 5 of dramas of all time. Mind you I've been watching kdramas since 1998. Damn i'm old. Make it happen PDnim!!!!

Yes! Please!

Anonymous 2 months ago

As an adult male I found this story so compelling and profound: strong young people who have been damaged by their circumstances and individually unable to find happiness but find it with each other. That's life. We are all weak and need to rely on each to grow and develop. Season 2 is a must if the story telling continues like this!

Yes please

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes and yes. There's so much more of the back story that we don't know about all the characters...we need another season

Anonymous 2 months ago

We need a season 2!!!!! Yes:)

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes for season 2 i think it’s only fair for the fans to have another season for this amazing drama

Anonymous 2 months ago

I would love to have a season 2 for this but I was a little skeptical that it may ruin season 1 for me. I dodn’t know. But I love to see them three togather again.

I'll love it!!!

Anonymous 2 months ago

Wow, this drama is so popular that people actually fight over it on their asian wiki page. Yes!!! Season 2 please!!!

SEASON 2 SEASON 2 SEASON 2 SEASON 2 SEASON 2 PLEASE

Yes!!! Of course

Season 2 please ❤️

Season 2 please!!!

season 2 please

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes we definitely need a season 2 I want to see more.

Yes there might be season 2

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes for Season 2 please! I want to know what will happen to Sang Tae when he was hired by Mr.Lee as a illustrator. And also if Ko Mun-Yeong will write again a story and Gang Tae if he will back to his career as a caregiver to OK Psychiatric Hospital. And I want to know who will the next CEO of OK Psychiatric Hospital.

Anonymous 2 months ago

i dont need season 2. i need the 3 of them having sitcom/romcom series that airs at least 1 or 2 years. with alternate tittle : "The Moon Family" if anyone know if there is fanfic or watpad related with the Moon Trio. kindly share the link please. jebal....

Season 2 chebal you know what I'm going to tvn

Anonymous 2 months ago

Quite emotional and happy ending as well... Congratulatons Great Story..

Season 2 please

Anonymous 2 months ago

certainly sure. I've never seen the kind of this drama. i impressed and feel it very cool. I can touch through the acting of all of charecters so please don't change any actor/actress and team production in the season2.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Great applaud for d whole team.... especially d writers..

Anonymous 2 months ago

The drama was extremely cool with dat very new storyline n d director has potryed it very beautifully n brilliantly... especially an adult with autism...his journey...way far brilliant...I really wish for its next season eagerly..

Anonymous 2 months ago

As a huge fan of k-dramas I wud jst love to re-watch it n go for d all new season of IOTNBO.....all d characters were soooooo lovable n I instantly got connected to each of them....I jst fell for both d main leads n their very new chemistry....

Anonymous 2 months ago

definitely a season 2! Mun Yeong's mom should have a more sinister retribution of her wrongs specially that the repercussion of her action of killing Gangtae and Sangtae's mom has caused a terrible trauma for both characters; and, the way she molded her daughter transforms Mun Yeong into someone broken at the same time empty. So, a season 2 can provide catharsis for me as a viewer. :)

Anonymous 2 months ago

A second season would be pointless and unnecessary... it ended well let's not ruin it with greed

Anonymous 2 months ago

Without the fairy tale ending this series has outlined how my brother and I grew up, so many tears but so much joy, well done writers and actors, the elder brother role was exemplary...

Yes please

We need a season 2

SEASON 2 PLEASEEEE

YESSSSSSS!!!!!! PLEASE!

Anonymous 2 months ago

yes please. there's many door to make a part 2 of this kdrama. i rate it 11/10 so please help us (the supporter of this kdrama) to deliver our message that it must absolutely have its part 2.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes!!! but I love the last 2 episodes! the show is so well done in all aspects and the acting by all is so good! Maybe better to end on a good note! although I want to see more of Ko Moon Young :) her character is amazing and well acted.

Yes please.. :)

Ok

Anonymous 2 months ago

Season 2 please...so curious , is the head nurse a real KMY's mother? and imagine if MGT and KMY have a child? It'll be so interesting

Anonymous 2 months ago

I love this drama. I would like to see a healing that allows the pair to marry and have a family of their own. No revenge. Heal to be a somewhat normal happy couple. Freedom to be Okay. Long overdue happiness for all 3 of them. Again awesome drama.

Anonymous 2 months ago

One of the best dramas I've seen in a long while, with an awesome cast, brilliant acting and great storylines. I would look forward to a second season, but only if the standards of the first season were continued.

Anonymous 2 months ago

A season 2 would be nice to have since too many questions to answer yet. I am very satisfied with the drama but I will also anticipated if there will be really season 2.

Yes to 2nd season

Anonymous 2 months ago

They defintely need to make a season 2, and tie up the loose ends of the storyline. Such as how did Park Haeng-Ja survive death? What happened to her twin sister Park Ok-Ran? What happens with Moon Sang-Tae's desire to be an illustrating, and living on his own. Does the finale manuscript of the Wicked Witch get published? Does KMJ and MGT stay together? Have a baby? We need to know!❤

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes for Season 2! Please!

Shout Out for Season 2!!! Ahhhhh

Anonymous 2 months ago

I find the finale satisfying in so many levels. I believe the creator/author achieved its goal of healing theme. I would love to see the actors again, however. They played their roles well and that is what I want to experience again.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes please!!!!We want season 2 ...

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes Please! I agree there should be a season 2.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Honestly, I love how the writers and directors wrapped up the last episode, giving each character a closure. Every character was given a pleasing ending and I enjoyed non the less. I don't think they should make a second season, though I do welcome it. I just really like how the directors and actors closed their story and it gave the viewers a sense of comfort and "at ease".

Anonymous 2 months ago

Loved the plot, subplots & character development that combined elements of a mystery thriller with comedy & romance while providing plenty of food for thought on how we deal with mental illness. The eye wasn't bad either!(lol). Yes for season 2

Anonymous 2 months ago

It would be best not to have a season 2 because i’m sure it would not have the same feel as the first season and i’d get bored. The ending of season 1 was good as is.

Anonymous 2 months ago

please make season 2 with sang tae fulfilling his dreams and trio is being reunited for the next leap.

Anonymous 2 months ago

i want to see what happens between Lee Sang-in and ju-ri. especially with Ko Mun-yeong's mother still alive given her ruthlessness she will definitely want to do something to Moon Gang-tae just 1 episode of her didn't really make it intense for the build up to it. it got emphasized about that Mun-yeong is afraid of her mother but just for 1 episode of her evil didn't really cut out for me personally. But overall the ending was amazing and I really love the show

Anonymous 2 months ago

Loved this drama. Would love to see the season 2 with another wonderful story.

Anonymous 2 months ago

yes! they should have a season 2.

Yes please

Anonymous 2 months ago

YES DEFINITELY WANT A SEASON 2 WAYY TOO MANY GAPS TO FILL!! BY FAR THE BEST KDRAMA I HAVE EVER WATCH IT HAD ME LAUGHING AND CRYING AT THE SAME GOD DAMN TIME. MAYBE WE CAN SEE MUN-YEONG GIVE GANG-TAE A BABY BOY *FINGERS CROSSED*

Anonymous 2 months ago

Kdramas are not so into making second season so I really don’t think there will be one. What I want indeed is another project for Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji together. I just can’t let go and move on from these two right now! They’ve got my heart now! Love them so much that it makes me wish for their own happy ending together in real life!

Anonymous 2 months ago

Season1 was truly amazing. I'm not Korean but because of the CC I followed the story just fine. The acting was great from the whole cast. Even though the ending was good a second season maybe a third would be absolutely fantastic. I think the writers could pull it off without a problem.

Anonymous 2 months ago

I absolutely loved the drama. The drama does not need another season because the three leads did get emotionally stable. They found their doors. The emotions portrayed by the actors were fantastic! In Love with this show.

Anonymous 2 months ago

I definitely want another season to see Sang-tae fulfill her big dream, and maybe see if Mun-yeong gives Gang-tae a child.

Anonymous 2 months ago

I would not mind a sequel to this .not so much a full 16 episodes. But maybe 5 just to add some lose ends...Do you know what happened to the Patient that went to the castle..also we would love to get a hint of The BOY she wants to have..and last just explore some of the other characters.. afterall our LOVEBIRDS..will fly back home. SOON.. and even Mr Lee is staying put....there is a lot of Stories still to write...But if they dont do anything else .THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST DRAMAS I HAVE EVER WATCHED.. it had me CRYING MY EYES OUT and the next minute LMAO....and dont even get me started on the AMAZING SENSUAL CHEMISTRY. between our LOVEBIRDS...HOTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes please! Where is park ok-ran? Several plot holes to fill!! :) I hope they don’t end it at season 1...it was just too good!!

Anonymous 2 months ago

Definitely would love season too, with same actors

Anonymous 2 months ago

Absolutely loved it, from start to finish ❤❤❤

Anonymous 2 months ago

Can I know in which app you watch this ?

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yesssss... I want more of them.. pls

Anonymous 2 months ago

Even though I would love to watch another season of this drama, I don't think there should be one. The current storyline was perfect, the pacing was perfect and the ending was the best. As this is not a hindi show, I am pretty sure the evil villiannes won't be breaking out of prison again and again for revenge. The ending where Sangtae decides to end his trip and come back alone is perfect too. As the story always showed of Gangtae surrounding his life around his brother's life and comfort zone, it showed Sangtae being an independent human being and Gangtae being his own person and not just his brother's caretaker. It won't be easy to make a second season which is just as or more perfect than the current one. The current ending was perfect and every character got their closure. There were no loose ends. Loved the drama, not looking for a second season. But would love to see this pair on another show.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Agreed 100 % , you said it all.

Anonymous 2 months ago

While there may be a few more areas to work on for season 2, I don't think KSH will find it interesting enough for him to do another season as he likely wants a different challenge. If they do it, they might just focus on KMY and MST but have MGT as guest star for a couple of episodes.

Anonymous 2 months ago

It was such a good drama with a satisfactory ending each and every thing beautifully came to end story is just completed perfectly for me I don't want a season two it will ruined the impact of drama

Anonymous 2 months ago

True true. Ended well, no suspense or uncertainties. Agree with response below as well.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Korean dramas don’t have season 2 so I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s what I greatly love about the Koreans, as opposed to Americans, who season shows to death and beyond. The shows are almost always between 16 and 20 episodes, 60-70 minutes long, and an ending you either love or hate, happy or heartbreaking. but always an ending. Predictability, they have a formula for dramas that’s perfect and are internationally known and loved for. The author of this article is opening a door for a season 2 that wasn’t even cracked and was looking for easy clicks.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes, ofcourse I'm all for season 2. We don't even know where Park OK ran is. They never found her. I want to see the development in each character. I also want to see more romance maybe a pregnancy? Who knows. Lol all same cast.

Season 2 pls

There should be a season 2 please

Anonymous 2 months ago

The answer is given way back just half of those episodes. Of courseeeeeee it should have.

Yes season 2 same cast please

Anonymous 2 months ago

I did love to watch the second season of its okay to not be okay, love you moon gang tae, ko mun yuong, moom sang taeand moon mang tae.

Anonymous 2 months ago

While a season 2 would be nice. I think the writers captured everything that needed to be said. There was emotional growth for e everyone on the series.

Anonymous 2 months ago

You are correct, move on, although international audience will love it, locals will not care

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes. Season two a must. Be cool if they get a chance to go to Africa too.. Also a wedding perhaps....

Hoping for season 2 same actoŕ and actress

Yes for season 2 but same actress and actors

Hoping for a part 2...

Yes!!! Same cast pls.

Yes, please season 2 with the same trio ❤❤❤

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes! Mun Yeong and & Gang Tae haven't revealed to Sang Tae that Mun Yeong mom was the killer of their mom! :D

Anonymous 2 months ago

And also how she survived when Mun young father killed her

Anonymous 2 months ago

Wow... I didn't even realize this

Anonymous 2 months ago

Of course, YES!!!! We want another season.... We want see Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji in this Masterpiece It's ok to not be ok Season 2 again...

Me too

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes and Yes pls... i don’t want this to end! So season 2 plsss.

Anonymous 2 months ago

It all ended as it should have. Can't see a season 2 and don't expect one.

Anonymous 2 months ago

I Think there is a season 2. Sang Tae didn't know that he hit the butterfly that he's scared off.

Anonymous 2 months ago

I think it was an perfect end to a perfect story, anything more than this would have ruined, i am happy the way it ended. I don't think season 2 will be a good idea, if it can't surpass the season 1, and i think its nearly impossible to surpass this perfectly illustrated drama. Everything was on point. I love it the way it is and wants is to that way in the future so i can rewatch and remember it as it is.

Anonymous 2 months ago

I agree. It ended well, craving for season 2, we would have high expectation of it and i sincerely do not want anything that spoils the beauty of this drama.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes!!! we ll be waiting for the 2nd season ..we really want them together again.....we really want kim soo Yoon n seo ji together..fighting ✊....thank u...

Anonymous 2 months ago

Definitely would be nice!! I want to see this son she wanted so badly!

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes!!!!We want season 2!!!!I don't want it to end...give me more!!!!

Sorry I don't f

Yes for season 2, new stories and possibilities for season 2

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes for season 2, it is ok if it doesn't come it's fine.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes, I hope to see a second season the last episode really made me cry I need more !

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes please for season 2. I appreciate the great story line and acting.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Agree! Season 2 same cast...I have that feeling too that it needs season 2. The ending was good tho

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes, look forward to seeing season 2!

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options