Kangana Ranaut, who has been quite vocal about Sushant Singh Rajput’s demise has been receiving both support and criticism from celebs and audience.
EXCLUSIVE: Kangana Ranaut on fight for Sushant Singh Rajput: Won’t gain films or money; Will only gain enemiesEXCLUSIVE: Kangana Ranaut on fight for Sushant Singh Rajput: Won’t gain films or money; Will only gain enemies

After a no-holds-barred interview with Pinkvilla on what she alleges to be ‘Movie Mafia’ and ‘Suicide Gang’ of Bollywood, Kangana Ranaut has been constantly been putting forth her views on the untimely death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput. The Manikarnika director and actress has in fact fuelled a heated debate on nepotism once again and has received both brickbats and support from people and celebrities.

Though her tryst with controversial subjects such as nepotism is not new, the subject has never before caused a clamour and uproar of this degree. Kangana has always been blunt talking about rampant nepotism and professional bullying in Bollywood which is focused on demoralising ‘outsiders’.

Actor and TV host Simi Garewal recently took to social media and wrote how Kangana was braver and bolder than her (Simi). On the other spectrum, Bollywood celebs like Taapsee Pannu, Swara Bhaskar shared their reactions on social media after Kangana took a shot at them during one of her interviews for underplaying nepotism.

Kangana has always been vocal about her disappointment with the industry on the nepotism debate. Rebutting the satirical comments and jibes by the fellow actors, Kangana said, “It is so sad. I do not know what to say because I have been in their place. People who come from outside, I have said it in my earlier interviews as well, we [outsiders] do not have the comfort of our parents' houses. I am not Anil Kapoor or Mahesh Bhatt's daughter. Or when you talk about Swara Bhaskar, Taapsee Pannu or Richa Chadda, I understand they have bills to pay for their house; everybody is not and doesn’t want to live the kind of life I aspire. So, I do understand where they're coming from and there are a lot of pressures. People are very bothered about their own personal gains.”

In the last few weeks, while Kangana has gained support, she has also been subjected to allegations that she is minting an opportunity to settle scores. Refuting the allegations and calling them as baseless and tasteless, the actress says, “What will I gain? I will not gain films for sure. I will not gain brand endorsements. I will not gain any money. The only thing I will gain is more enemies. So, while I understand that others may not have my inclination to gain enemies, what I expect from them is just to give respect to other people’s struggle.”

“Taapsee said I've had weird experiences in life. I have had weird experiences in life. I'm a weirdo? They say I'm an extremist and jobless person. Swara said that my claims of nepotism are fake. Richa says that people are not giving positive vibrations to the universe. Yes, of course, right now the last thing I want to give out is positive vibrations to the universe when we have lost the life of a very significant person. He wasn't just another life. We don't feel very positive about things around. It’s true! But to completely disregard my struggles, is another thing,” she adds.

Kangana claims that she is still facing an onslaught of insinuations and fake stories – something, which she believes Sushant also endured. “It's out there for people to see the kinds of media reports and the cases put on me. Even the interview that Karan Johar gave in London, is there for everyone to see. You cannot turn a blind eye and state I haven’t been through this. What did they do to Sushant? Sushant is on record stating Bollywood will kick him out. You cannot just claim it was his schizophrenia,” says Kangana.

“Sameer Soni went on TV and said that Sushant was a Bipolar patient. Sushant’s psychiatrist never said it. They are making fake claims for some petty gains. I have nothing against that. I do understand that people have families to take care of, people have their own personal ambitions. But just simply don't disregard or discredit another person's struggle,” adds the actress.

Urging people to not disregard the struggles of individuals to survive in the industry, she says, “With folded hands that's my only request to people who are struggling in the film industry; please let us be. Not everyone is Kangana Ranaut or Sushant Singh Rajput but there are people like us in the industry. Every outsider is not the same.”

“Their struggles and personalities are not the same. So, there is no point in comparing struggles. I'm only talking about Sushant and myself. Please stop having this big aandolan [protest] against me just because you are not side-lined. You might not be but there are other people who have been. Let’s agree to disagree! Otherwise, again the movement against nepotism will have no impact. Failure of such a huge movement will lead to more despair in people who are in similar situations like Sushant was -- and what I am still going through. Please understand that people are still fighting for their lives and survival. Be kind and please let them be,” she concludes.

Download the Pinkvilla App for latest Bollywood & Entertainment news, hot celebrity photos, lifestyle articles, fashion & beauty news,Hollywood, K-Drama etc . Click here

With you

I am with you

Anonymous 4 months ago

Why only for stars? because he was well known and had a connection with public and everyone can see it was murder and police doctors servants are being bribed. Seems to me this lady on her own is doing more than Sushants entire family and all of Bollywood to press his case. And if it hit a nerve with her personally, his being bullied and shut out, so bloody what.

Anonymous 4 months ago

May God bless you and give the justice for the holy soul....

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kanganaji hum aap ke saath ha

Anonymous 4 months ago

I appreciate all the fans unity and stand for ssr justice. Just wondering y people are not this united to help lakhs of common man suffering. Y for only stars

shut up maybe?

Anonymous 4 months ago

We need to stand together and stand strong for the Justice . It is a planned murder . We won't stop untill we get Justice for late SSR

Anonymous 4 months ago

Thanks Kangana for standing up for Sushant. You are a hero in this industry full of spineless people. Nobody had the guts to demand CBI enquiry for Sushant.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Borrowed a leaf out of KRK's book?

Anonymous 4 months ago

She does not have the looks or stardom to be a mainstream actress . She is just venting her frustration n jealousy out at successful stars

Anonymous 4 months ago

Let's not body shame her. She is good at acting. She is just vile though and we do not condone that attitude. I'm sure there are worse people who can act better. We wouldn't accept them would we?

Anonymous 4 months ago

Why is no one sympathizing with Kangana here like they are with Kanye in the West? In India, I'm sure even Kanye would be considered 'normal' or just someone trying to raise an important issue LOL

Anonymous 4 months ago

Why is this issue about mental health not given a serious thought in India?

U r leegaled

We want CBI investigation

We want CBI investigation for shushant Singh justice

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana and Kanye, pretty much about the same time, have gone off. Sad!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana, you are the Iron Lady of India. A true inspiration for India’s youth. People like you and Ishkaran should be our role models not fake self proclaimed Bollywood Stars. The silence of Bollywood is shameful!

Anonymous 4 months ago

One of the bravest and honest women in the whole Universe you are Kangana.. May your honesty brings you a victory and successful in your all work .... May our Almighty God blessed you abundantly...

We are with you

Anonymous 4 months ago

how did Sameer Soni know Sushant was bipolar patient?

You are a legend ✨✨

Anonymous 4 months ago

I wish I could give you a hug and say' It will all be well' and I seriously hope things go well for you Kangana ! Your interviews are so full of honesty and are beautiful ❤️

Anonymous 4 months ago

But she never speaks against Salman Khan? Aditya Chopra?

Anonymous 4 months ago

Everyone know that’s they are two big shark of Bollywood ! Kangana doesn’t need to mention them ! All the world know Salman is the big mafia of Bollywood and ruined many artists but one day he will pay for his bad deeds ! Pv post thanks !

perfect lady

Anonymous 4 months ago

Your idea of 'perfect' is the opposite of perfect. It is fine to be flawed as long as you are human- this is beyond flawed though. This is madness.

Anonymous 4 months ago

@Kangana Ranaut Huge respect for you ma'am...you are absolutely tremendous work..Nobody in Bollywood can match the level of Guts you have..Proud of your existence..I am blessed that I have watched all your movies in theatre..Wasn't your die hard fan earlier but yes I used to admire your acting skills...but you have changed my mind...There is no one speaking for Sushant but you are continuously making an effort...Hats off to you lady❤❤

Anonymous 4 months ago

Aap great ho mam , AP ne bahut hi sahsik kadam utaya apke jaisa abhinetri is Bollywood me koi nahi h.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Uh are doing a great wort mam..and we all are with uh

Anonymous 4 months ago

Is this a Govinda-Raveena song... "Unh.. kisi disco mein jaaye.. Uh!"

Anonymous 4 months ago

U r real hero In real lyf..mam

Anonymous 4 months ago

Good going Kangna Mam. Keep it up. We all are with you in the fight of nepotism.

Great

Anonymous 4 months ago

All well and good for the law of attraction followers sending out signals and receiving what you want in life, but what Kangana is trying to do is not just acheive a personal goal , shes raising her voice to better the environment for the actual strugglers who have not made it like Kangana, Tapsee or Swara has....should she care since shes made it, NO but she does and just shows her world does not revolve around her own agendas....everyone needs to be accountable for their action, even ppl in power...maybe too idealistic but atleast shes leading the mob towards a helthier way to coexists ....well i dont like her taking jabs at Tapsee but well in the bigger picture shes trying to make a difference and she will.....

Anonymous 4 months ago

STOP WRITING SUCH LONG COMMENTS,NO-ONE READZ THEM ANYWAYZ, WHY BOTHER??

Anonymous 4 months ago

U r doing great work mam we all are with you keep it up we love you mam #shushantsinghrajput

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangna mam you are brave jai hind mam saara Hindustan Aapke sath hai

Anonymous 4 months ago

I am with you kangana.....CBI investigation for Sushant Singh Rajput. We want justice and CBI inquiry for Sushant Singh Rajput. Justice for Sushant.

Anonymous 4 months ago

More power to you... Doing a great job

Anonymous 4 months ago

I am with you kangana...... CBI investigation for Sushant Singh Rajput. We want justice and CBI inquiry for Sushant Singh Rajput. Justice for Sushant.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Thank u so much mam We are always with you

Anonymous 4 months ago

Salute to her courage ...... She is the real hero that exposed nepotism ... While other actors from outside industries are being paid and kept mum to let the income of theirs not being destroyed... I feel. It's the people called the mafias truly ruled the whole of Bombay .... It's turning into a communist regime rule taking away all the media an press to their feet .... Paid handsomely to be on their side ...... I pray that cbi inquiry. Brings the real fact in giving justice ....

You are nice

Anonymous 4 months ago

cbi sushant medam good job

we are with kangana.. ✌✌

Anonymous 4 months ago

Nationstandswithkangana We are with you Kangana , you keep fighting ..more power to you

Anonymous 4 months ago

My salute to the lady who has the bowls to put forth the dark secrets of this fraternity..She really is a daredevil who stands alone fighting for SSR.My respects..

Anonymous 4 months ago

Paid article folks, don't even try to comment against it. There will be some comments posted here to make it feel like it isn't paid, but believe me I've tried to make a point. If this gets posted I'd be happy enough.

Anonymous 4 months ago

ONE more corrupt of India ! A lier !

Anonymous 4 months ago

Whatever you are from dumb-arse, Europe or India, does it matter?

Anonymous 4 months ago

Paid comment lol the joke of the day dumb I an from Europe ! I support Kangna !

For reference read my comment on Anurag Kashyap's article

Anonymous 4 months ago

Saw Kangana interview in the Republic. Congratulations to Kangana and Arnab . Very few news channels had the guts to call a spade , a spade. I totally support this interview. The Bollywood mafia has to Go. They need to be boycotted. It is our duty as citizens to do this. Down with Mumbai police that is doing nothing except calling everyone for their statments

Anonymous 4 months ago

I support kangna...and we want to justice for shushant...

I support kangana ✌ #Justice For Sushant

Anonymous 4 months ago

I salute kangna mam ,aapke support k liyea , god bless you mam

Anonymous 4 months ago

Very hard for an outsider ! A change is needed for the real talent ! Sometimes I just compare two outsiders Amyra Dastur and Disha Patani who made Ku Fu Yoga movie. It was more easy for Disha to get movies with the support of Tiger Schroff family ! I will never believe than Tiger didn’t help her and Disha is lying when she said she has not a godfather in the industry ! And for sure her body show helped her to get attention ! Silly artists of Bollywood time ! Amyra Dastur who can act far better than Disha is still struggling to make a mark in Bollywood and she has only 2 millions followers on Instagram ! What does it mean for an outsider ? If you don’t have connections with nepo or a godfather Salman for Katrina it will be hard to get roles and movies even you are talented ! Honestly things need to change in Bollywood ! Because it’s so sad than artists are recognized by a family name, having flop movies and getting movies again ! People who are ruling in Bollywood are raptors they despise everything that does not look like them ! Pv post it Please ! Thanks

Anonymous 4 months ago

I support kangana Ranaut.. We want Justice for Sushant shing..

She is great

Anonymous 4 months ago

After 4 flops, you wouldn't get movies anyway. That's why you are polishing your political career.

Now deal with it

Anonymous 4 months ago

Lol IN your dreams ! No movies She will shine be careful you won't stand it !

Anonymous 4 months ago

What re those most recent four flops?

Anonymous 4 months ago

I truly support kangana ranaut .

Anonymous 4 months ago

Anyone who has seen into the eyes of devils', faced their wrath, fought way back from the dark well she/he was thrown into...would behave exactly how KR did. The story about her hurt & struggle goes thru the path of those who put her in that position and she relates to sushant path but WHY is voicing that = vendetta?

Anonymous 4 months ago

o yes..actually i have seen children going thru much worse than this...& they do come out better than KR. again not necessary everyone's reaction towards their sufferings is same. some tend to become abusive too like her. so that is when counselling is required. to get hold of your negative emotions. she went to national platform with it not her backyard hurling abuses. support her but also correct her so that she can learn too. is anyone perfect in world?? neither is she.

Anonymous 4 months ago

We want justice for SSR..

Anonymous 4 months ago

We support you kangana mam, we want justice for Sushant sir,

Anonymous 4 months ago

Ok. Kangy ma’am found an opportunity to vent her personal vendetta. Want to make use of it million percent. She knows for sure all movies will release OTT till next year. So this hivolt drama and then release her movie OTT. Uff you have to be born crazy to do this.

Anonymous 4 months ago

something called Dhadak or Tharak, I think.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Which is her upcoming movie or movies that are slated for OTT release this year or next?

Anonymous 4 months ago

Crazy psychopath tu hai buddhe mahesh

Anonymous 4 months ago

You are best.. God bless you

Anonymous 4 months ago

Guys an insider told me it's true that he was boycotted and banned from Bollywood but said he can't say why cuz it would hurt Sushant's fans and those who truly loved him

Anonymous 4 months ago

Do you mean he was banned from big movies like its said Aditya Chopra let Ranveer do those movies offered to SSR initially? And any director or movie which he was banned from?

Anonymous 4 months ago

So in order to spare Sushsnt’s image and fans, he would rather see innocent people, who have nothing to do with this, get their lives and careers get damaged and hurt because Sushant’s fans are on that mission?

Anonymous 4 months ago

India where is justice in your country? Wasn't sushant a child of your nation ? And a very bright one at that ?Doesn't he deserve justice?You are called the largest democracy in world but there's no democracy enough to pursue one's own aspirations if that person doesn't come from a high caste, old money,powerful family or new money with and influential clan a ,big city and particularly if he is not alleged with the right political party. I feel disgusted !!!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Your interview was very powerful. Hats off to you brave girl. We support you totally. Stay safe and blessed. We love you.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana Ranaut is Mr. Trump of Bollywood. Taking advantage of someone's death for her own agenda, making inflammatory comments and dividing people. I am worried she will go in to politics and become the next Mayavati or Jaylalitha and her blind followers will follow.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Open your 'mind'. You open your brain only during surgery - and you dont do it yourself.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Open your brain maybe you will understand !

Anonymous 4 months ago

Are Indians by nature blind followers? Is it that's why they were easily taken for a ride by invaders for the last 1000 years? Do you agree with Churchill that Indians are not fit to rule but be ruled?

Anonymous 4 months ago

Justice for SSR. With you kangana.

Anonymous 4 months ago

She is milking publicity from the death of SSR. She never spoke about him or did any professional work with him when he was alive. Why? Now suddenly she is showing sympathy for him. It shows how hollow and fake she is. She thinks she is the greatest person. She is actually a delusional maniac. And it is better to be a B Grade actor than be a C Grade person.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Do you think she has that psychological condition owing to your medical degree in psychology or do you know of the doctor who diagnosed her? Or is it based on your perception from her public interviews and articles on her that you have this judgement on her assuming you don't have a psychology degree? Your answers will be highly appreciated for better understanding as we need to listen to both sides of arguement.

Anonymous 4 months ago

AND what about your psychological status ?

Anonymous 4 months ago

Maniac and psychopath to tu hai mahesh .

Anonymous 4 months ago

It needs more than guts to speak truth and Kangana has all of that. No one dares to say anything even indirectly but Kangana said things with confidence, she did not go round and round and one will feel confident automatically if they are speaking truth. Looks like Tapsee & other actresses misunderstood her, I think they should listen again to what she said about them and do not dilute the fight against wrong. Special people are born time to time to save dharma and I am confident that she is that special person to save truth. We people support you Kangana and please take care. It’s not going to be a easy battle but people are with you. Thank you Kangana

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana the world need more people like you. You are so fearless i love it the real queen. (From mauritius)

Anonymous 4 months ago

I really don’t know if they were friends or just acquaintances, everyone should have a friend like her,It really hit me when she said that Sushanth was d only one who stood with her in d nepotism battle and it warms the heart to see what she is doing for him in turn. Kudos to her! Respect!!

#BoycottBollywoodchutiyas #JusticeforSSR

Anonymous 4 months ago

ome bootlicker saying she's making issue, If position holder ppl afraid to speak then who will? The purpose of life should be we r here not supposed to live only for ourselves rather we have some obligation for society also.They should stop this bloody attitude.

Anonymous 4 months ago

PV is this a paid PR article and therefore that is why you're filtering comments?

I am support for you

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana your interview was powerful and you made some searing points from your and Sushant examples. Please don’t respond to agenda and tweet earners like anurag and Swara. They are beneficiaries of tapsee and that’s exactly what they want. They want your tweets to unify their ilk and get more daily tweet earners in fray. Please post your tweets. They are spinning your past messages and twisting your words. Don’t spit words on twitter to give them importance.

Anonymous 4 months ago

They are trying to Hijack this issue for sure. Tapsee was not the moot point if Kangana interview but it seems tapsee, Swara and anurag want to make it. Also sings mocked Kangana so distastefully like men do when they want women to shut up and put up

Anonymous 4 months ago

You are an inspiration Kangana. WE SUPPORT YOU. TEACH THESE BULLIES A LESSON. YOU ARE BRINGING A REVOLUTION - GUTSY WOMAN LIKE JHANSI LAXMI BAI. YOU ARE A TRUE INSPIRATION TO ME TO STAND UP FOR TRUTH. SALUTE YOU PINKVILLA PLEASE POST

Anonymous 4 months ago

People are trying to distract you from speaking for sushant. They want to protect those who bullied Sushant. It is evident. Kangana should stop using colorful language to play into their plan for they are dying to politicize this.

Anonymous 4 months ago

You are great we always stand with you

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana is fierce tigress fighting battle all alone . I am sure she won’t gain anything but hats off to her and her courage to demand justice for SSR.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I support investigation into Sushants death and into the issue of nepotism. But kangana is not the right person to do so as she is morally flawed and she herself cuts off roles of new comers in her own movies. She has had problems with sonu sood, misti, lisa haydon and also with the director of Manikarnika where she cut off other actors part and in other movies too. When will people realise that even though she is saying all the right things she is not practising them herself.

Anonymous 4 months ago

She is so right ,, she is gaining more and more enemies with each passing day ! Hats off to her fighting , fearless attitude. Nothing can deter her , lots of power To you girl !

We support you.

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options