EXCLUSIVE: Masaba Gupta breaks silence on divorce with Madhu Mantena: I didn't give myself time to process it

11 months ago  |  6.5M

Neena Gupta and Masaba Gupta took a brave decision of baring their life in front of a global audience when they signed up for Ashvini Yardi's show Masaba Masaba. The show that traces the life of Masaba and her relationship with her mom, with a hint of fiction incorporated in it, starts off on the note of her divorce from husband Madhu Mantena. From how it affects the family to how she works it up and gets her life and career moving forms the crux of this inspiring tale.

Talking about the same, Masaba shares, "Everyone has a perception if you are divorced. I got so busy with work that I didn't even have the time to realise what was happening in my personal life. I had my own way of dealing with it." On the show, Neena Gupta can be seen getting really upset with the news of her separation. Was it the same in real life, we asked. Pat came the response from Masaba. "I think mom got affected more in real life as well. She didn't see it coming. That is a pretty accurate depiction of it on the show," she adds.

ALSO READ: EXCLUSIVE: Neena Gupta breaks silence on Masaba Gupta's divorce, having her out of wedlock & single parenting

But a common perception that surrounded her forever is that she's a strong, independent woman and remained unaffected by the chaos in her personal life. Addressing that judgment socially, the celebrated fashion designer tells us, "It happens a lot. Somebody was telling me the other day and I completely forgot. I didn't give myself any time to process my divorce. So my uncle told me, 'Why are you on this treadmill? Can you just process this and then move on?' I think people take it for granted, that okay Masaba is strong, she will manage. I have changed drastically because I allow myself to not just grieve and feel down. I take two days off even when I feel celebratory. But no one knows what you are going through until you are going through it yourself. People understand how silly they were being, when they deal with it themselves."

Watch this and more in this unapologetic interview

Comments
Anonymous : We don’t give a damm to if divorce u atleast had money people are on road and without house what are u crying abt your sob story
REPLY 1 10 months ago
Anonymous : Don’t feel sorry for people who get a divorce they did it to make their lives better it’s better to be single than in a toxic relationship
REPLY 2 11 months ago
Anonymous : She is one strong woman but again women still think we should listen to a man since he is feeding u especially if u r jobless.every woman should be independent i feel or else she is used beaten n thrown out one fine day
REPLY 1 11 months ago
Anonymous : These two are strong women. It's really nice to see how human emotional storms can be survived. Maintaining positivity in a pool of negativity is always inspirational. Even if some one may have who cares attitude but there are a lot who will find sense in such outcomes. Congratulations for the venture.
REPLY 6 11 months ago
Anonymous : When a women celebrity takes divorce it is her fault to indians when men celebrity takes a divorce oh we knew it wouldn’t workout her wife was a witch. Just like when people blamed Amrita for saif and her divorce. Also their age gap. Like what he is so rich but still denied to pay for Sara’s college tuitions (Another name for classes in American college). Change your mentality Indians you hypocrites.
REPLY 1 11 months ago
Anonymous : Sorry for you Masaba. Divorce is heart breaking. and for sure must have been very tough for your mom too. It does change the person. You are never the same.Been there done that. Phew. I say everyone should go through therapy before getting married esp if tgey come from a broken home. PV please post.
REPLY 0 11 months ago
Anonymous : Yeah she is dating Aditi Rao Hydari’s ex-hub but who cares!
REPLY 1 11 months ago
Anonymous : Yes she would now like to “speak” about it when her new show is about to release......pathetic
REPLY 5 11 months ago
Anonymous : Who cares
REPLY 7 11 months ago
Anonymous : Pinkvilla comment section is nauseatingly negative for virtually every celebrity.
REPLY 23 11 months ago
Anonymous : OKay you knew your divorce was happening you knew how to process it. Why you are making a big deal out of it by explaining to us.
REPLY 8 11 months ago