An emotional Arjun Kapoor talks about the most difficult time of his life - losing his mother Mona Kapoor and never being able to completely get out of the pain and anguish. Here, he also discusses how his mom has left a beautiful legacy of sorts. Watch the full video inside.
EXCLUSIVE: Arjun Kapoor opens up on his mom's death: I was about to stand on my two feet & my backbone snappedEXCLUSIVE: Arjun Kapoor on his mom's death: Just when I was about to stand on my two feet, my backbone snapped

Despite being a starkid, Arjun Kapoor's life hasn't been the conventionally privileged one. In fact, after his mom and dad's separation, Arjun has faced a lot of internal troubles while growing up. The actor shares how he suddenly had to grow up because of the situation back at home. From being an overweight child to becoming a national crush with his debut 8 years ago, he's seen both sides of the spectrum. But he rues that unfortunately, his mother, Mona Kapoor, who also was his strongest pillar of strength, didn't live to see his success.

An emotional Arjun tells us, "Of course it hurts and haunts me everyday. I miss my mom everyday. That's something that won't ever come back to me. Just when I was going to stand up on my own two feet, my backbone snapped. All the success and the failure, the love and hatred in these 8 years is all handle-able but what's not handle-able is the fact that I don't have her around me. Aap mujhe jitni nafraat doge chalega because I have seen the lowest lows in my life already. I lost my mother 45 days before I was about to embark on the toughest journey of my life where the world was going to see me. Everything else seems small in comparison."

ALSO READ | EXCLUSIVE: Arjun Kapoor opens up on standing by his dad, Janhvi & Khushi's side post Sridevi's death

He further adds, "Time doesn't heal, you just get to learn how to deal with it better. I am not going to be the first or last person who will have to go through such a personal crisis and I don't talk about it a negative way because I'm not looking for sympathy at all. So yeah, I go through my moments but that's not for everybody to see." Mona Kapoor has left behind a legacy that Arjun and Anshula carry forward in their genes. People who knew her always speak or remember her with fond memories. Arjun shares, "Even after 8 years, I come across people who tell me about how she was and their bond with her. She has left a pretty amazing legacy in Anshula and a decent enough one with me. Yes, there are genuine bits of anguish and pain but she has taught me to always put up a good fight. I've been doing that since I was very young."

Watch Arjun Kapoor's full interview here:

This Day That Year
2019
2018
2017
2016
2015
Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Hi Arjun even l lost my mum n it hurt me so much coz I was so close to her n I'm alone now n noone can replace a mother but I assure u she always be ur backbone n support u coz only body gone but soul remain I experience it .Indeed ur a very good actor by the grace of ur mum n I like all ur films good luck in ur future films .

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

God bless you and your sister. May you settle down with a better woman and make your mother's soul happy.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Loading of mother for everybody is a biggest loss because nobody can loves you like your mother.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I dont mind him with an older women but, not at the cost of breaking another family. Cheating on your girlfriend and betraying your mentor by cheating with his brother's wife..that's not a good or happy place to start with. Respect and honour your mother by getting married with someone more deserving and have a family..that will complete her, that will bring her peace..this just breaks all our hearts, IMAGINE HERS.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Very true. He is with wrong woman. She borke her family

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Pl let him enjoy his life

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

He did honor her in his post and I am sure in his life as well. His life, his relationship with his mom, his terms. Marriage/relationships are not that be all and end all, he loves his sister(s) and family, and as far as I’m aware he does have a career too. Let him define his own life. Your definition of happiness is yours only. If he’s happy In life then I’m sure his mother’s sole will be at peace.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Anyone read the blind about Arjun and Malaila being on a break? Shes reluctant to commit to another flop apparently. Dont know what her options are but Arjun seems to be using his time to feel sorry for himself. If you miss your mother and love her then honour her. Do good work. Find a good woman, someone who your mother would be happy to have around her own daughter. Seriously 35 years old with no foresight. Your mothers memory deserves better than you painting the town red with with your ex girlfriends bhabi. Would you mother have had the face to look at the Khans with your actions? The same family that helped you get a break? Moreover I'm sure your mother would have loved grandchildren. Wise up kiddo. This is a hurt that won't heal. But you can ease the pain knowing she will rest peacefully.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Well said

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Well said!!

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

She was a very good lady. God bless her children.

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options